12th Mekong Ganga Cooperation Senior Officials’ Meeting held via video conference
The 12th Mekong Ganga Cooperation, MGC Senior Officials’ Meeting reviewed the progress in all areas of cooperation.
- MGC is an initiative by six countries – India and five ASEAN countries, namely, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam for cooperation in tourism, culture, education, as well as transport and communications.
- Vijay Thakur Singh, Secretary(East) in the Ministry of External Affairs and Sok Soken, Under Secretary of State, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Cambodia attended the meeting
Google partners with Bangladesh for flood forecasting
Google has partnered with Bangladesh Water Development Board to bring the flood warning services to the country.
- Google currently covers more than 40 million people in Bangladesh and it is working to expand its coverage to the whole of the country.
- The company is also partnering with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to build to deliver a l e r t s to people who don’t have smart phones to receive the alerts directly.
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Capital: Dhaka
Under Ek Bharat Shresht Bharat Programme, Goa is paired with Jharkhand
Under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat, Goa is paired with Jharkhand.
- A lot of exchange activities are happening on this front. The intensity of programmes is less due to lockdown and so the focus is laid on virtual events.
- The programme was announced by the Prime Minister in 2015 on the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development is the Nodal Ministry for the co-ordination of the programme
Punjab Govt launches ‘I Rakhwali’ app to make citizens ‘Greenery Saviours’
To further strengthen its drive to preserve and maintain the environment in Punjab and make people stakeholders in the process, the State Forest Department launched ‘I Rakhwali’ application to help netizens to become ‘Greenery Saviours’.
- With this new initiative, the Punjab government aims to safeguard the state forest area by making people a stakeholder in this process.
- The Main aim is to inspire people to plant more trees and this app will help people come forward and contribute towards environment protection
- Capital: Punjab
- Chief Minister: Amarinder Singh
‘Home Utsav’ a virtual property exhibition launched by ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank has launched a virtual property exhibition in the name ‘Home Utsav’.
- The exhibition showcases real estate projects by renowned developers, across India. The exhibition can be accessed on www.homeutsavicici.com.
- The exhibition can be accessed by both customers and non-customers of ICICI Bank.
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- MD & CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi.
Raj Kumar Srivastava appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Croatia
Raj Kumar Srivastava (IFS: 1997), presently Deputy Chief of Mission in the Embassy of India, Tokyo, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Croatia.
- He has served in different capacities at Indian missions in Madrid, Yangon, Vienna and Brasillia in the past besides Tokyo where he is presently posted.
- Capital: Zagreb
- Currency: Croatian kuna.
- President: Zoran Milanovic.
Bajaj Allianz Life signs Ayushmann Khurrana as its brand ambassador
Private life insurer Bajaj Allianz Life has announced the appointment of Bollywood actor Ayushmann Khurrana as its brand ambassador to promote its products and digital services across offline and online mediums.
- Khurrana will feature in the life insurer’s next campaign ‘Smart Living’ that encompasses its term plan Smart Protect Goal and the new digital service – Smart Assist.
About Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company Limited:
- MD & CEO: Tarun Chugh
- Headquarters: Pune, Maharashtra
Science & Technology
Union Education Minister launches free English learning app ‘EnglishPro’
The Union Minister of Education Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, launched ‘EnglishPro’, a free mobile app developed by the English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU), Hyderabad.
- This application will support the skilling he youth mission of the central government.
About Ministry of Education:
- Union Minister: Ramesh Pokhrial Nishank
- Minister of State: Sanjay Dhotre
11th edition of exercise INDRA NAVY begins in Bay of Bengal
Indian Navy and Russian Navy have commenced the 11th edition of a biennial bilateral maritime exercise “INDRA NAVY”.
- The biennial bilateral maritime exercise will be conducted in the Bay of Bengal from 04 to 05 September 2020.
- It will also improve the understanding as well as the procedures for multi-faceted maritime operations.
- President: Vladimir Putin.
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Russian Ruble.
Books & Authors
UN Environment Programme launches “The Little Book of Green Nudges”
A new publication “The Little Book of Green Nudges” has been launched by the United Nations Environment Programme.
- The newly launched publication seeks to encourage around 200 million students around the world to adopt environmentally friendly habits and greener lifestyles.
- Executive Director: Inger Andersen.
5 September: National Teachers Day
The National Teachers Day is observed every year on 5th September in India to commemorate birthday of country’s first Vice President and second President Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
- The national level awards are given to teachers on Teachers’ Day to celebrate the unique contribution of some of the finest teachers in the country. President will honour 47 teachers, who through their commitment have improved the quality of school education.
International Day of Charity celebrated on 5 September
United Nations celebrates the International Day of Charity globally on 05th September every year.
- United Nations designated 05th September as the International Day of Charity to commemorate the anniversary of the passing away of Mother Teresa of Calcutta.
- Mother Teresa received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 for “work undertaken in the struggle to overcome poverty and distress, which also constitute a threat to peace.”
- Secretary-General: António Guterres.
Union Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot to Launch 24×7 Toll-Free Mental Health Rehabilitation Helpline ‘KIRAN’
Thaawarchand Gehlot, Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment will launch the “24×7 Toll-Free Mental Health Rehabilitation Helpline “KIRAN” (1800-500-0019)” through virtual mode Webcast on 07th September 2020.
- This Helpline has been developed by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment to provide relief and support to persons with Mental Illness.
Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism Shri Prahlad Singh Patel virtually attends 5th BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meet
Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism Shri Prahlad Singh Patel virtually attended 5th BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meeting. The 5th BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meeting was held through video conference under the Chairpersonship of Russian Federation.
- The Minister of State for Culture addressed participants of the meeting and presented India’s perspective to strengthen the cultural cooperation within BRICS through alternative mechanisms of sharing and organizing cultural events in online format given the prevailing pandemic situation.
Shri Gadkari addresses 60th Annual Convention of SIAM
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkri has that automobile industry is one of the largest contributors to the manufacturing GDP of the country and is a sector that has the highest number of employment.
- Addressing the 60th Annual Convention of SIAM through VC he underlined that a lot stands on the shoulders of this industry in the current times. Shri Gadkari assured to resolve the concerns of the industry in the interest of society and economy.
Agreement Signed Between MoTA and IIPA for Setting up National Institute of Tribal Research at IIPA Campus, New Delhi
In the presence of Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Shri Arjun Munda, an agreement was signed today between Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) and Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA), New Delhi for setting up of National Institute of Tribal Research (NITR) at the IIPA campus, New Delhi.
- The proposed National Institute will be functional in a few months and will be engaged in quality tribal research in collaboration with reputed government and non governments NGOs spread over the country.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|