Union Cabinet approves 3 labour code changes
The Union cabinet approved amendments to the labour codes. The Three codes include social security, industrial relations, and occupational safety and health (OSH) out of four codes that was proposed in the Industrial Relations Code, 2019 bill.
- The codes – to be moved in the forthcoming monsoon session of Parliament – will allow states to introduce significant changes to their labour laws framework, such as rules for retrenchment, through notifications. <<Read Full News>>
PM inaugurates Patrika Gate in Jaipur through Video Conference
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated Patrika Gate in Jaipur through video conference. PM also released the Samvad Upanishad and Akshar yatra books written by the Patrika Group Chairman Shri Gulab Kothari.
- Patrika Group has constructed ‘Patrika Gate’ as part of Mission Anupam Yojana of Jaipur Development Authority. The gate is built on the busiest Jawaharlal Nehru Marg of Jaipur and it is an attempt to bring together the art, craft, and cultural heritage of the state at one place. <<Read Full News>>
- Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
- Governor – Kalraj Mishra.
Bangladesh launches campaign against fake information & rumours
The Bangladesh government has launched a campaign named ‘Asol Chini’ or ‘real-sugar’ to fight fake information and rumour spreading on social media. Launching the campaign, the State Minister for ICT Junaid Ahmad Palak said that it is very difficult to find out the truth in the whirlwind of fake information and rumours on the online media.
- A digital platform Durbar21.org has been created for this purpose. Ambassadors will be appointed in districts and sub-divisions to create awareness about fighting rumours and fake information. <<Read Full News>>
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
Organic Food Processing Unit inaugurated in Uttar Pradesh by Union Food Processing Minister
Organic Food Processing Unit inaugurated in Uttar Pradesh by Union Food Processing Minister. Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, inaugurated Organic Food Processing Unit in Uttar Pradesh.
- With the inauguration of this food processing unit, 5000 farmers will be benefitted and it is expected to leverage an investment of Rs 50.33 crores. <<Read Full News>>
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Chief Minister – Yogi Aditya Nath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel.
Bank of India launches ‘Signature VISA Debit Card’ on its 115th Foundation Day
Bank of India is a commercial bank with headquarters in Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai and Founded in 1906, it has been government-owned since nationalisation in 1969. The bank has celebrated its foundation day on September 07,2020.
- The Bank celebrated its 115th Foundation Day with simplicity as a mark of respect for the staff members and public who are suffering from the current pandemic. On this occasion, the bank launched a Signature Visa Debit Card. <<Read Full News>>
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Atanu Kumar Das.
Science & Technology
PM Narendra Modi to launch Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana & e-Gopala App
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY), along with the e-Gopala App on 09 September, 2020.
- The PMMSY is a flagship scheme for focused and sustainable development of fisheries sector in the country with an estimated investment of Rs. 20,050 crores, the highest-ever in the sector for its implementation during a 5-year period.<<Read Full News>>
Max Life Insurance launches Covid-19 Rider for its customers
Max Life Insurance Company has announced the launch of its “Max Life COVID-19 One Year Term Rider (Covid -19 Rider). A Non-Linked Non-Participating Individual pure risk premium life insurance rider.
- Max Life COVID-19 Rider provides customers with diagnosis benefit in addition to a death cover. It will be available to customers between the age of 18 to 65 years.
- The diagnosis benefit offers a fixed lump sum amount (20% of rider sum assured) which will provide financial protection to the family. <<Read Full News>>
About Max Life Insurance:
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Founder: Analjit Singh
Reports & Rankings
India Ratings revises FY21 GDP growth projection to negative 11.8%, But Recover in FY22
India Ratings revises FY21 GDP growth projection to negative 11.8 per cent, But Recover in FY22. India’s economy is projected to contract 11.8% on the year in the current fiscal year beginning from April, before bouncing back in the next fiscal, India Ratings and Research, a domestic arm of ratings agency Fitch.
- The India’s economy is projected to contract 11.9 per cent in the current quarter, followed by a contraction of 6.7 per cent in the December quarter, and 5.4 per cent in the subsequent quarter, Mr Sinha said, citing the adverse impact of coronavirus pandemic.<< Read Full News>>
India’s child mortality rate decreased between 1990 and 2019 – UN Report
India’s child mortality rate has declined substantially between 1990 and 2019 but the country, along with Nigeria, still accounted for almost a third of all under-five deaths last year, according to a new UN report which warned that COVID-19 pandemic threatens to undo decades of progress in eliminating preventable child deaths globally.
- The number of global under-five deaths dropped to its lowest point on record in 2019 — down to 5.2 million from 12.5 million in 1990.
- The country registered a 4.5 per cent annual rate of reduction in under-five mortality between1990-2019. The number of under-five deaths in India dropped from 3.4 million in 1990 to 824,000 in 2019. <<Read Full News>>
- Secretary General: António Guterres
- Headquarters: New York, United States
CBSE Teacher Awards 2019-20 ceremony to be held online tomorrow
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) honours eligible teachers with Teacher Awards yearly. For this year the board will conduct the Teachers Award 2019-20 on September 9. The award perform will be streamed reside at 1 pm on numerous social media platforms from the convention room in Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi.
- CBSE will felicitate 39 academics/ principals throughout the nation, to acknowledge their contribution to the sphere of schooling. <<Read Full News>>
- Chairperson: Manoj Ahuja
- Headquarters location: Delhi
Kevin De Bruyne and Beth England win 2020 PFA player of the year awards
Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne was named men’s Player of the year while Chelsea forward Bethany England won the women’s award, England’s Professional Footballer’s Association (PFA).
- De Bruyne is Manchester City’s first male winner after he made a record-equalling 20 assists and scored 13 goals in the Premier League.
- England is one of six Chelsea players in the PFA’s WSL team of the season – joined by Ann-Katrin Berger, Maren Mjelde, Millie Bright, Magdalena Eriksson and Ji So-yun. <<Read Full News>>
International Day to Protect Education from Attack observes on 09 September
The First International Day to Protect Education from Attack is celebrated on September09, 2020. This day is introduced by United Nations General Assembly to raise awareness of the situation of millions of children living in countries affected by conflict.
- This Day aims to draws attention to the plight of more than 75 million 3-to-18-year-olds living in 35 crisis-affected countries and to their urgent need of educational support. <<Read Full News>>
- Head: Audrey Azoulay.
- Founded: 16 November 1945.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|