PM Modi inaugurates 1.75 lakh houses built under PMAY – Gramin in MP
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 1.75 lakh houses built under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin in 12 thousand villages in Madhya Pradesh. The Prime Minister released the ‘Griha Pravesham’ plaque and inaugurated all the houses simultaneously.
- 17 lakh poor households have also benefited from Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin till now in Madhya Pradesh. Chief Minister informed that from 17th Of September, the birthday of the Prime Minister, the State will start distributing ration entitlement slips to 37 lakh poor people of the State. <<Read Full News>>
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Capital: Bhopal
UK announces first major post-Brexit trade deal with Japan
UK announces first major post-Brexit trade deal with Japan. The UK has announced its first major post-Brexit trade pact by signing a deal with Japan. The UK-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement was agreed in principle by International Trade Secretary Liz Truss and Japan Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi.
- The deal aims to boost trade between these two countries by about Euro 15bn. The deal would boost UK GDP by 0.07%, though, it is just a fraction of the trade that was lost with the European union (EU). <<Read Full News>>
- Capital: London
- Currency: Pound Sterling
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
Andhra Pradesh CM Jagan Mohan Reddy launches YSR Aasara scheme For Women Empowerment
Andhra Pradesh CM Jagan Mohan Reddy launches YSR Aasara scheme For Women Empowerment. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the ‘YSR Aasara’ programme aimed at “empowering women economically and socially”.
- Under this scheme, Rs 6345.87 crore will be released for benefiting 7,91,257 self-help groups (SHG) by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister. <<Read Full News>>
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief Minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Capitals: Amaravati
West Bengal govt wins WSIS award 2020 for its Sabuj Sathi scheme in WSIS Price Contest
After Kanyashree scheme, another West Bengal government project has received a global prize. The World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) on Monday handed over the winner prize 2020 to the state government for Sabuj Sathi project through a virtual ceremony.
Sabuj Sathi scheme:
- The Project Started in 2015, bicycles are given to students of state-run, state-sponsored, aided schools and madrasas studying between classes 9 and 12 in a bid to reduce the issue of dropping out of school, especially in rural Bengal and also to ensure they continue school education till at least class 12.<<Read Full News>>
About West Bengal:
- Capital: Kolkata
- Chief Minister: Mamata Banerjee
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
Jammu and Kashmir announces Rs 5 lakh annual health insurance for all residents
Jammu and Kashmir announces Rs 5 lakh annual health insurance for all residents. Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant governor Manoj Sinha has announced health scheme intended to provide universal health insurance cover to all residents of the Union Territory. The Scheme is announced as part of Ayushman Bharat. The Scheme is likely to cost Rs 123 crore per annum.
- The scheme will provide health insurance cover free of cost to all residents and shall include serving and retired employees and their families as well, Sinha said. <<Read Full News>>
Startup India Awards 2020 – Assam recognised as emerging Startup Ecosystem in India
The ‘Startup India Awards 2020’ held at the National Media Centre in New Delhi. Assam has been recognised as an emerging startup ecosystem in India for its relentless efforts to create a supportive startup ecosystem in the state and encouraging the youths of Assam to take up entrepreneurship.
- Other states to receive the recognition include Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh. <<Read Full Text>>
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
External Affairs Minister Jaishankar participates in inaugural session of Intra-Afghan negotiations in Doha
External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar participated in the inaugural session of the Intra-Afghan negotiations held in Doha via video teleconference. The Minister’s participation was in response to an invitation extended to him by the Qatar’s Foreign Minister Mohammad bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al Thani.
- India will be present along around 30 countries at the ceremony. All the countries that border Afghanistan have been invited which includes Iran, Pakistan and many central Asian countries. <<Read Full News>>
- President: Ashraf Ghani
- Capital: Kabul
- Currency: Afghan afghani
MoUs & Agreements
IIT Roorkee signs MoU with OUAT for cooperation in agricultural research and education
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT-R) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology (OUAT), Bhubaneshwar to generate frontier technologies and produce quality manpower in the field of agricultural research and education for addressing the challenges faced by the rural communities and improving their quality of life.
- The MOU empowers both institutions to establish mutual relations between their scientific and technical divisions and to set up facilities for the exchange and proper placement of scientific technologists and experts. <<Read Full News>>
- Chancellor: Governor of Odisha
- Vice-Chancellor: Prof.Pawan Agarwal
- Established: 1962
Rankings & Reports
Gujarat & Andaman and Nicobar Islands named best performers in State StartUp Rankings 2019
State of Gujarat and Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands have been named the best performers in the State StartUp Rankings 2019. They have been recognized for their outstanding performance in simplifying commerce, enhancing productivity and leveraging technology. The State Startup Rankings was released in New Delhi.
- Karnataka and Kerala are the top performing states in the State StartUp Rankings for fostering innovative entrepreneurship to attract business and finance. <<Read Full News>>
About Commerce and Industry Ministry:
- Union Minister: Piyush Goyal
Moody’s cuts Indian Growth Rate to -11.5% from 4%
Moody’s cuts Indian Growth Rate to -11.5% from 4%. Moody’s Investors Service downgraded India’s growth projection for the current fiscal to (-) 11.5%, from (-) 4% estimated earlier.
- For 2021-22, it projected the economy to clock a growth of 10.6%. Moody’s action follows another global rating agency Fitch, which earlier this week, projected a 10.5% contraction in Indian economy this fiscal. <<Read Full News>>
UNICEF appoints Ayushmann Khurrana for children’s rights campaign
UNICEF appoints Ayushmann Khurrana for children’s rights campaign. Actor Ayushmann Khurana has been appointed as the celebrity advocate by UNICEF (The United Nations Children’s Fund) for its child rights campaign named #ForEveryChild. Khurana, who is also considered as a youth icon, will support UNICEF towards its work around ending violence against children.
- The actor will join hands with football star David Beckham, who works on this particular campaign globally. And Khurana particularly will be seen working towards this initiative in India. <<Click Here>>
- Headquarters: New York, United States of America.
- Executive Director: Henrietta H. Fore.
Science & Technology
IPFT develops new Disinfectant Sprays
IPFT develops new Disinfectant Sprays. Institute of Pesticide Formulation Technology- IPFT an autonomous Institution under the Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers has successfully developed two new technologies namely “Disinfectant spray for surface application” and “Disinfectant spray for Vegetables & fruits.”
- It contains ‘botanical anti-microbial substance’ which can be an effective formulation to prevent from diseases which are caused by microbes, bacteria and virus. <<Read Full News>>