PMGKP Insurance Scheme for health workers fighting COVID-19 extended for another six months
The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package Insurance Scheme for Health Workers Fighting COVID-19 has been extended for another six months till March 2021.
- It was announced on 30th March this year for a period of 90 days and it was extended for a further period of 90 days up to 25th September, 2020.
- The scheme has now been extended for another 180 days.
PMGKP Insurance Scheme:
This Central Sector Scheme provides an insurance cover of Rs. 50 lakh to healthcare providers, including community health workers, who may have to be in direct contact and care of COVID-19 patients and therefore at risk of being infected. <<Read Full News>>
Parliament approved Bill for giving national importance tag to Gujarat Ayurveda institutes
Parliament passed a bill to accord the status of an institution of national importance to a Jamnagar-based cluster of Ayurveda institutes.
- The Bill – ‘The Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda Bill, 2020’ – was passed by a voice vote in Rajya Sabha.
- Lok Sabha has already approved the bill in the last session, in which three Jamnagar, Gujarat-based institutes — Institute of Post Graduate Teaching and Research in Ayurveda, Gulabkunwerba Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya and Institute of Ayurveda Pharmaceutical Sciences. <<Read Full News>>
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Union Minister: Harsh Vardhan
- Minister of State: Ashwini Kumar Choubey
- Chief Minister: Vijaybhai R. Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat
Lok Sabha Passes the Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill, 2020
Lok Sabha passed the Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill, 2020 which seeks to deregulate food items, including cereals, pulses and onion, The aim of this bill is to transform the farm sector and raising farmers income.
- The bill passed in the Lok Sabha seeks to amend the Essential Commodities Act, 1955, and empowers the government in terms of supply, production, trade, distribution, and commerce of certain commodities.
- The bill empowers the central government to designate certain commodities including food items, fertilizers, and petroleum products as essential commodities. <<Read Full News>>
Lok Sabha passes bill to reduce salaries of MPs by 30 percent
Lok Sabha passes bill to reduce salaries of MPs by 30 percent. The Salary, Allowances and Pension of Members of Parliament (Amendment) Bill, 2020 was passed by the Lok Sabha. The bill seeks to reduce salaries of MPs by 30 per cent.
- Presently, Each Member of Parliament (MP) gets a monthly salary of Rs 1 lakh, Rs 70,000 as constituency allowance and Rs 60,000 for running office besides other perks as per the pay hike in 2018.
- This 30 percent salary reduction is applicable to all Member of Parliament, Prime Minister and Council of Ministers.
- It will replace the Salary, Allowances And Pension of Members of Parliament (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020. <Read Full News>>
Yoshihide Suga officially elected as Japan’s new Prime Minister
Yoshihide Suga was formally elected today as Japan’s new Prime Minister in a Parliamentary vote. He succeeded Shinzo Abe, who announced last month that he would resign due to health problems.
- The 71-year-old is replacing Shinzo Abe, who resigned because of ill health. Suga had been chosen as the new head of the governing Liberal Democratic Party on Monday, virtually assuring his succession. <<Read Full News>>
- Prime minister: Yoshihide Suga
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
My Family My Responsibility campaign launched in Mumbai for spreading awareness about coronavirus
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) launched My Family My Responsibility’ campaign in Mumbai for spreading more awareness about coronavirus.
- It is part of a state wide campaign of the Maharashtra government to stop the spread of COVID19 virus.
- The civic body aims to reach 40 lakh households in the city under the campaign appealing people to cooperate with the teams visiting them. <<Read Full News>>
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Capital: Mumbai
Paytm First Games appoints Sachin Tendulkar as brand ambassador
Paytm First Games appointed the Indian Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar as its brand ambassador. Sachin would be instrumental in creating awareness about the exciting genre of fantasy sports in the country.
- Paytm currently offers over 50 games on their portfolio. Paytm First Games will invest over 300 crores for growing the market of fantasy sports and other online gaming events during this financial year. <<Read Full News>>
- Founder & CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- Headquarters: Noida, Uttar Pradesh,
- Parent organization: One97 Communications
56th Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) Programme observed in Dhaka
The 56th Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) day was observed online by the High Commission of India in Dhaka.The Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) Programme was instituted by a decision of the Indian Cabinet in 1964.
- The Programme is launched to provide development assistance to developing countries across the globe.
- ITEC is administered by the Ministry of External Affairs, India and is fully funded by the Government of India. <<Read Full News>>
About Ministry of External Affairs:
- Union Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
Union Education Minister Presented First ever AICTE Visvesvarya Best Teacher Awards 2020
The first ever AICTE Visvesvarya Best Teacher Awards 2020 were presented by Union Minister of EducationShri Ramesh Pokhriyal‘Nishank’ to 12 faculty members of AICTE approved institutes on the occasion of Engineers Day.
- The event was organised in virtual mode and the faculty members were felicitated by the Minister through online interaction. <<Read Full News>>
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Parent agency: Department of Higher Education
RBI issues draft on rupee Interest Rate (IR) derivatives
RBI issues draft on rupee Interest Rate (IR) derivatives. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) proposed allowing foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) to undertake exchange-traded rupee interest rate derivatives transactions subject to an overall ceiling of Rs 5,000 crore.
These RBI Proposed Interest Rate Derivatives (Reserve Bank) Directions, 2020 are aimed at encouraging higher non-resident participation, enhance the role of domestic market makers in the offshore market, improve transparency, and achieve better regulatory oversight, according to the RBI. <<Read Full News>>
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Founded: 1 April 1935
India and US sign agreement to strengthen dialogue on defence tech cooperation
India and the United States signed an agreement to strengthen the bilateral dialogue on defence technology co-operation.
The aim of the DTTI Group is to bring sustained leadership focus to the bilateral defense trade relationship and create opportunities for co-production and co-development of defence equipment. <<Read Full News>>
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
- President: Donald Trump
September 16 is observed as International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer
The International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer is observed every year on September 16 for the preservation of the Ozone Layer.
- In 1994, the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 16 September the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer, commemorating the date of the signing, in 1987, of the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer (resolution 49/114).
Theme for 2020 World Ozone Day: ‘Ozone for life: 35 years of ozone layer protection’. <<Read Full News>>
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|