Seva Saptah organized to Mark PM Modi’s Birthday
To Mark Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s 70th birthday Seva Saptah is observed between September 14, 2020 and September 20, 2020. Seva Saptah is also called a week of Seva. During the week various welfare activities have been performed by Party Leaders.
About Seva Saptah:
- This Seva Saptah is observed by the Bharatiya Janata Party. The BJP has decided to undertake a week-long Seva Saptah. Different social initiatives being organised by the party leaders across the country during this week
- The theme for Seva Saptah is “seventy” since PM Modi will be turning 70 this year. <<Read Full News>>
Atal Tunnel, World’s longest highway tunnel above 10,000 feet, connecting Manali to Leh ready after 10 years
World’s longest highway tunnel connecting Manali to Leh under the Rohtang Pass in the eastern Pir Panjal range of Himalayas on the Leh-Manali highway is now completed after 10 years. The Tunnel is named after late and former Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The tunnel is at a height of over 10,000 feet. The Atal tunnel has been constructed in a span of 10 years while the original estimated time to complete it was less than 6 years. <<Read Full News>>
New Parliament Building to be constructed by TATA
The New parliament building will be constructed by Tata Projects Limited at a cost of Rs. 861.90 crore. Recently, The TATA Group of Companies won the bid to construct a new parliament building. This Project is expected to complete in 21 months. The new Central Vista can accommodate more MPs than that of the previous building. It will provide 1400 seating arrangements to the members.
- The Government of India will demolish building structures such as Shastri Bhawan and Krishi Bhawan to facilitate the new Central Secretariat under the project. <<Read Full News>>
National Webinar on Creating Awareness about National Education Policy by Education Ministry
Ministry of Education organised a National Webinar on Creating Awareness about National Education Policy, 2020 through NSS, NCC, NYKS and Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) Volunteers under Shikshak Parv Initiative. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh was the chief guest at the webinar.
- Volunteers of National Cadet Corps (NCC), National Service Scheme (NSS), Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan and Unnat Bharat Abhiyan from all over the country also joined through virtual medium. <<Read Full News>>
- Union Minister of Education: Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’.
India joins the Djibouti Code of Conduct as Observer
India joined Djibouti Code of Conduct as an observer. The Djibouti Code of Conduct is also called the Jeddah Amendment. Now India will contribute to enhance maritime security in the Indian Ocean Region and conduct shared operations among the signatory states.
DCOC Member Countries:
- Eritrea, Ethiopia, Egypt, Comoros, Jordan, Djibouti, Maldives, Kenya, Madagascar, Mozambique, Oman, Mauritius, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Seychelles, Somalia, UAE (United Arab Emirates), Yemen, United Republic of Tanzania.
- Now India became an observer. The other observer countries are Norway, Japan, UK, US. <<Read Full News>>
Power Minister R K Singh dedicates various projects of NHPC & PFC under CSR activities
Power Minister R K Singh dedicated various CSR projects of NHPC and PFC in Shahpur and Bihiya blocks of Bhojpur district in Bihar via video-conferencing. The total cost of all these projects is about Rs 9 crore.
- A total of 33 projects in Shahpur block and 39 projects in Bihayi block were dedicated during the programme. <<Read Full News>>
About Union Power Ministry:
- Minister of State – Raj Kumar Singh
- Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
SBI and Titan Partners to launch first contactless payment watches
Country’s Top Lender State Bank of India (SBI) and Titan have partnered to introduce Titan Pay, contactless payment watches Powered by Yono SBI. This solution is only for SBI Card holders. These Payments of up to Rs.2000 can be made without entering a pin.
- The payment feature on these watches will be accessible on over 2 million contactless MasterCard enabled PoS machines in the country. <<Read Full News>>
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: N Muruganandam.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Founded: 1984.
Rankings & Index
World Bank releases Human Capital Index, India ranks 116
World Bank released annual Human Capital Index recently. India has been ranked at the 116th position. India’s scores have been increased this year to 0.49 from 0.44 in 2018, according to Human Capital Index Report. In 2019, India ranked 115 out of 157 countries.
- The theme of this year human capital index is human capital in the time of covid-19. <<Read Full News>>
About World Bank:
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- President: David Malpass
Education Minister confers Second Utkrisht Sansthan Vishwakarma Award, College of Engineering, Pune gets first award in overall category
Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ virtually confers Second Utkrisht SansthanVishwakarma Award in 14 categories to the Institutions under AICTE on Vishwakarma Divas Celebration.
- The Utkrisht Sansthan Vishwakarma Award is being organized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) since 2019.
- Out of 103 institutions, 34 were selected for the awards. In this Year College of Engineering, Pune got the first award in overall category. <<Read Full News>>
- Parent agency: Department of Higher Education
- Headquarters: New Delhi
About Union Education Ministry:
- Union Minister: Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
Environment Ministerial Meeting of G20 held via video conferencing
The Environment Ministerial Meeting of the G20 countries was conducted via video conferencing. The Meeting is held under the Presidency of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Union Environment, Climate Change and Forest Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar represented India in the meeting.
- In this G20 Environment Ministers Meeting, Global Initiative to reduce Land Degradation and Coral Reef program was launched to strengthen the implementation of existing frameworks to prevent, halt, and reverse land degradation within G20 member states and globally. <<Read Full News>>
G20 Member Countries:
- Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, and the European Union.
10th meeting of BRICS NSAs to be held through video conferencing
10th Meeting of the BRICS High Representatives on National Security chaired by Russia, will be held via video conferencing. The National Security Advisors of the BRICS nations will deliberate upon the issues related to strengthening political security and cooperation among the five countries.
- This year Russia is chair of BRICS and SCO. <<Read Full News>>
September 17 – World Patient Safety Day 2020
On 17 September 2020, the World Health Organization, international partners and all countries will celebrate World Patient Safety Day.
- World Patient Safety Day was established by the 72nd World Health Assembly, in May 2019, with the adoption of resolution WHA72.6 on ‘Global action on patient safety’, and an endorsement for the Day to be marked annually on 17 September.
Theme: Health Worker Safety: A Priority for Patient Safety. <<Read Full News>>
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
- Heads: Tedros Adhanom, Soumya Swaminathan, Jane Ellison
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|