PM Modi to inaugurate Kosi Rail mega bridge in Bihar via video conferencing
Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated the historic Kosi Rail Mahasetu (mega bridge) to the nation through video-conference. He also inaugurated 12 rail projects related to passenger facilities to benefit the people of Bihar.
- The 1.9 km long Kosi mega bridge has been completed at a total cost of 516 crore rupees
- The bridge has connected Mitihila and Kosi region.This bridge is of strategic importance along Indo – Nepal border
- Chief Minister Nitish Kumar also presented on this occasion. <<Read Full News>>
Union Power Minister R K Singh inaugurates Rs. 6.99 crore worth CSR projects in Bihar
Shri. R K Singh, the Union Minister of State for Power & New and Renewable Energy inaugurated CSR projects undertaken by REC Ltd. (Formerly Rural Electrification Corporation) worth Rupees 6.99 Crore, in Barhara (Bhojpur District), Bihar, through video conferencing.
- There were a total of 77 schemes, which included 36 schemes for construction of P.C.C. roads, 23 schemes for installation of LED/ Solar and high mast lights, Construction of 3 Chat ghaat, Construction of 3 community hall & sub health centers and Installation of 12 nos. of arsenic removal plant. <<Read Full News>>
- Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
- Capital: Patna
Lok Sabha passes 2 agricultural sector bills for Inter-State Trade, Contract Farming
Lok Sabha passes The Farmers’ Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill, 2020 and The Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement of Price Assurance and Farm Services Bill, 2020 to transform agriculture in the country and raise farmers’ income.
- The reforms will accelerate agricultural growth through private sector investment in building agricultural infrastructure and supply chains for Indian farm produce in national and global markets, create employment opportunities and strengthen the economy. <<Read Full News>>
About Lok Sabha:
- Speaker: Om Birla
Hardeep Singh Puri Inaugurates India’s First Private Jet Terminal at New Delhi
Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurated India’s first General Aviation Terminal at Delhi Airport. The terminal can handle over 50 passengers every hour. Flight operations of private jets are classified under the “general aviation” category.
- With the facility, Delhi Airport marks a milestone of setting up high-end infrastructure for passengers. The new terminal has been built to support the movement and processing of passengers flying through chartered flights from IGI Airport. <<Read Full News>>
- Parent organization: GMR Airports Limited
Gujarat Government launches new subsidy scheme for Electric Vehicles
The Gujarat government has launched a new scheme for the promotion of electric vehicles in the state, under which it will be offering a subsidy to buyers. The move was announced on the occasion of completion of eleven years of the climate change department in the Gujarat Government.
Under the scheme, the students will get a subsidy of Rs 12,000 to buy e-vehicles. Also, the state government is to provide financial assistance of Rs 48,000 for the purchase of 5,000 e-rickshaws for individuals and institutional beneficiaries. <<Read Full News>>
- Chief Minister: Vijaybhai R. Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat
- Capital: Gandhinagar
Rankings & Index
Global Smart City Index 2020: New Delhi, Hyderabad drop 18 positions, Singapore on Top
The Institute for Management Development (IMD), in collaboration with Singapore University for Technology and Design (SUTD), has released the 2020 Smart City Index. In this Index, Indian City, Hyderabad was placed at the 85th Position, New Delhi was placed at 86th Rank, Mumbai was rank at 93rd Place and Bengaluru was at 95th Position.
- The Index was topped by Singapore, followed by Helsinki and Zurich in the second and the third place respectively. <<Read Full News>>
About Institute for Management Development:
- Location: Lausanne, Switzerland.
- President: Jean-Francois Manzoni
India Happiness Report 2020 Released: Mizoram Top List; Maharashtra & Delhi at Bottom
Mizoram topped the India Happiness Report 2020 which is India’s first Happiness Report covering all states and Union Territories measuring happiness across the country. Punjab State ranked at second meanwhile Andaman & Nicobar secured the third position.
- The report has been compiled by Professor Rajesh K Pillania based on a nationwide survey covering 16,950 people between March and July of 2020.
- Among the big states, Punjab, Gujarat and Telangana are among top three states.
- Among smaller states, Mizoram, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh are the top three states in happiness rankings. <<Read Full News>>
Chef Vikas Khanna honoured with Asia Game Changer Award 2020 by Asia Society
Chef Vikas Khanna has been chosen for the prestigious 2020 Asia Game Changer Award for feeding millions across India amid the covid-19 pandemic through a massive ‘FeedIndia’ drive.
- Khanna is the only Indian among the six honourees named by the leading organisation.
- Past awardees include PepsiCo’s former CEO Indra Nooyi, South Delhi Deputy Police Commissioner Chhaya Sharma, and co-founder and CEO of non-governmental education organization Pratham, Madhav Chavan. <<Read Full News>>
Appointments & Resignations
Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal Resigns
The Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Shrimati Harsimrat Kaur Badal resigned. Her Resignation was accepted by The President of India Ramnath Govind under the advice of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- Further, under the advice of the Prime Minister, the President has directed the Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar to be assigned the charge of Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
- Tomar already holds multiple portfolios such as Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj. <<Read Full News>>
Union govt approves amendment in Foreign Direct Investment Policy in Defence Sector
The Union Government has approved the amendment in Foreign Direct Investment Policy in Defence Sector. FDI is allowed up to 74 per cent through automatic route and beyond 74 per cent to be permitted through government route.
- This announcement was made by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT). <<Read Full News>>
About Defence Ministry:
- Union Minister: Raj Nath Singh
- Founded: 1995
- Parent organization: Ministry of Commerce and Industry
The 36th National Games allotted to Goa have been postponed due to Covid-19 pandemic
The 36th National Games allotted to Goa, which was scheduled from October 20 to November 4, 2020, had been postponed due to outbreak of the Covid-19.
- Central assistance of Rs.97.80 crore has been released to the Government of Goa for creation / development of sports infrastructure for 36th National Games.
- Once the dates of National Games are finalised, Indian Olympic Association and the Organizing Committee of National Games use various publicity platforms such as print media, electronic media, and social media to promote the National Games among spectators throughout the country. <<Read Full News>>
About Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports:
- Ministers of State: Kiren Rijiju
11th Edition of World Bamboo Day for 2020 observed on September 18
World Bamboo Day is observed on September 18 every year to increase the awareness of bamboo globally. The World Bamboo Organization aims to bring the potential of bamboo to a more elevated exposure, to protect natural resources and the environment.
- The theme for 11th edition of WBD 2020 is ‘BAMBOO NOW.’ <<Read Full News>>
About World Bamboo Organization:
- Headquarters: Antwerp, Belgium
- Executive Director: Susanne Lucas
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|