India’s First Green Energy Convergence Project – To be implemented in Goa
Ministry of Power Joint venture Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) and the Department of New & Renewable Energy (DNRE), Goa, have signed a MOU to launch India’s First Green Energy Convergence Project in Goa.
- The state government has also set a target to generate 150MW green energy in the next two to three years and will also set up 100MW solar power plants across the state.
UN unveils “Team Halo” to check misinformation around COVID-19 vaccines
The United Nations which is an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security has launched Team Halo to counter misinformation around COVID-19 vaccines.
- The objective of this is to tackle misinformation on safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines
- The scientists will initiate social-media friendly videos on COVID-19 vaccine science based on their personal experiences.
Union Environment Ministry Launched Action Plan for Vulture Conservation 2020-25
Union Environment Ministry launched Vulture Conservation Action Plan 2020-25 for the Conservation of Vultures in the country.
- The ministry is carried out a conservation project for vultures from 2006 now extend to 2025 to increase the vultures in India
- The plan was approved by th`e National Board for Wild life, recently.
About Environment Ministry:
- Union Minister: Prakash Javadekar
- Minister of State: Babul Supriyo
Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, and Mizoram topped in Sex Ratio 2018
Three north eastern states Arunachal Pradesh (1084), Nagaland (965), and Mizoram (964) topped in 2018 report on “Vital statistics of India based on the Civil Registration System (CRS)”.
- This report was prepared by The Registrar General & Census Commissioner of India.
- Lowest sex ratio has been reported by Manipur (757), Lakshadweep (839) and Daman & Diu (877)
Asia’s first solar powered Textile Mill to be launched Maharashtra
Asia’s first solar power enabled Textile Mill to be launched in Parbhani district, Maharashtra. The overall cost of setting up the project is around Rs. 100 crore.
- The mill is spread across 30 acres of land. It processes cotton to cloth.
- It would also provide jobs to many women in the district.
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Capital: Mumbai
Madhya Pradesh State Government to form a Cow Cabinet to preserve cows
Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chouhan ordered the state government to form an new cabinet to protect cows.
- The first meeting of the cabinet is to be held on November 22, 2020.
- Animal husbandry, Forest, Panchayat, Rural Development, Home and Farmer Welfare departments to be a part of the ‘Cow Cabinet’.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Summits & Conference
India-Luxembourg Virtual Summit to be held between both countries Prime Ministers
India-Luxembourg Virtual Summit will be conducted between Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Luxembourg H.E. Mr Xavier Bettel on 19 November.
- Discussions will be held on bilateral relationship, including strengthening of India-Luxembourg cooperation in the post-COVID world.
- Capital: Luxembourg
- Currency: Euro
Rankings & Index
Top 500 most powerful non-distributed computer systems in the world – India’s Param Siddhi ranked at 63rd
India’s AI supercomputer Param Siddhi secured 63rd spot in the Top 500 most powerful non-distributed computer systems in the world list.
- Param Siddhi, the high performance computing-artificial intelligence (HPC-AI) supercomputer established under National Supercomputing Mission.
- The AI Supercomputer was developed by C-DAC and of Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) under NSM
Union Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal initiates AICTE’s Lilavati Award 2020
Union Minister for Education Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched the Lilavati Award 2020 to recognize efforts by AICTE-approved institutions to treat women with ‘equality and fairness’.
- The main objective is to create awareness about issues like sanitation, hygiene, health and nutrition using “traditional Indian values”.
- The main theme of the Lilavati Award is to create a better society for Indian women.
Second flight test of QRSAM successfully conducted by India
India successfully test-fired the Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile air defence system at chandipur, Odisha.
- Earlier the first flight test was conducted on 13 November 2020. The second flight test was carried out against the high performance Jet Unmanned Aerial Target called Banshee, which simulates an aircraft.
About Defence Ministry:
- Union Minister: Rajnath Singh
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 15 August 1947
Austria’s Dominic Thiem defeats Rafael Nadal at ATP Finals
Dominic Thiem (Austria) beats Rafael Nadal (Spain) at the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) Finals.
- Thiem has become the first player to qualify to semi-finals of 2020 ATP. Now Nadal will need to defeat Tsitsipas to reach the semi-finals.
- The ATP Finals is the second highest tier of annual men’s tennis tournament after the four Grand Slam tournaments.
FIFA withdraws U-17 Women World Cup in India, Postpones to 2021
FIFA cancelled the Women Under-17 Football world cup due to coronavirus situation. It has been deferred to 2021.
- FIFA announced that Costa Rica will host the FIFA Under-20 Women’s World Cup 2022 and India will host FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup 2022.
- The decision was taken by the Bureau of the FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) Council.
National Integration Day – 19 November
National Integration Day also known as Quami Ekta Divas is celebrated annually on 19 November in India.
- It is the birth anniversary of the first woman Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi.
- This day celebrated to remember the affection and solidarity among individuals all over the country.
Women’s Entrepreneurship Day is celebrated on November 19
Every year Women’s Entrepreneurship Day is observed on November19. 144 nations overall recognized the first WED in 2014, which included the presentation of the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Pioneer Awards.
- This day aims to empower, celebrate, and support women in business worldwide.
- Women’s Entrepreneurship Day was first celebrated on 2014.
International Men’s Day is observed on November 19
International Men’s Day (IMD) is an annual international event celebrated on the 19th of November.
- It is an occasion to celebrate men’s achievements and contributions, in particular for their contributions to nation, society, community, family, marriage, and childcare.
- The National Integration day is celebrated to enhance the love and unity among people all across the India.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
How many months’ current affairs do I study for SSC?
You have to study Last 6 months Current Affairs
How can I prepare for current affairs and GK?
Read CA Daily, Take Quiz to revise, Read NCERT Books to learn GK. NCERT Book PDF
is available in our blog. You can make use of it.
Which months current affairs is best for UPSC?
You can focus on the last 1 year current affairs for UPSC