“Swachhta Pakhwara” is being observed by over Indian Railways
Swachhta Pakhwara’ is being observed all over Indian Railways from 16th to 30th September 2020. During the inaugural day of Pakhwara, Swachhta pledge was administered to Railway employees at all Zonal Railway HQs, Divisional Offices and other establishments.
- Railway Board through Northern Railway, in partnership with United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), organised a webinar on “Swachhata and Environment” on 16.9.2020.
- Owing to the Covid pandemic, Webinar was held to flag off the “Swachhata Pakhwada” beginning from September 16 and ending on September 30, 2020 virtually. <<Read Full News>>
About Railway Ministry:
- Union Minister: Piyush Goyal
- Minister of State: Angadi Suresh Channabasappa
India extends 250 million dollars support to Maldives to overcome economic impact of Covid-19
India has provided financial assistance of 250 million dollars as budgetary support to the Maldives government to mitigate the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A handover ceremony was held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Maldives government to mark the occasion. Maldives Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid, Finance Minister Ibrahim Ameer, High Commissioner Sunjay Sudhir and CEO, SBI, Male Bharat Mishra were present on the occasion. <<Read Full News>>
- Capital: Male
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
FELUDA – First Gene based high accuracy COVID-19 test approved in India
The Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) has recently approved the gene-based COVID-19 test called Feluda. Using the CRISPR gene-editing technology, Feluda identifies and targets the genetic material of Sars-CoV2, the causative virus of Covid-19.
- This is the only Covid-19 testing kit that has been developed using CRISPR-based technology in India.
- Feluda detects active Covid-19 infection by using CRISPR CAS 9 based readout on a paper strip – world’s first kit to do so for SARS-CoV-2. <<Read Full News>>
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Webinar on “Promoting Destinations with Authenticated Cuisines” by Tourism Ministry
The Ministry of Tourism’s Dekho Apna Desh Webinar series titled “Promoting Destinations with Authenticated Cuisines” on 19th September 2020 focused on India – a land with varied cuisines.
- Dekho Apna Desh Webinar Series is an effort to showcase India’s rich diversity under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat and it is continuously spreading spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat through virtual platform.
- The webinar focused on some traditional dishes from three states – Uttaranchal, Punjab and Delhi. <<Read Full News>>
About Tourism Ministry:
- Ministers of State: Prahalad Singh Patel
MeitY launched Digital Health ID in 6 Union Territories, soon be PAN India for digitalization of the health sector in India
Additional Secretary of Ministry of Electronics, and IT (MeitY), Dr. Rajendra Kumar (IAS), informed that the IT industry has given hope to Indian youth and accelerated the growth in entrepreneurship since the ’80sin the E-Conclave organized by PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry on “MY INDIA MYSTARTUPS: 100 UNICORNS BY 2025”.
- Currently, The Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY) has launched Digital Health ID in 6 Union Territories, which will be there in PAN India soon for the digitalization of health sectors in India. <<Read Full News>>
About Ministry of Electronics and IT:
- Union Minister: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad Constituency: Patna Sahib, Bihar
- Minister of State: Dhotre Sanjay Shamrao
Neighbourhood First Policy – PM Modi to hold e-Summit with Sri Lanka
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will conduct his first virtual Summit with the Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa. The meeting is likely to be held on the side lines of United Nations general assembly.
- Apart from Sri Lanka India is expected to hold several other meets with its neighbourhood in the near future. <<Read Full News>>
About Sri Lanka:
- Prime minister: Mahinda Rajapaksa
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
Tamil Nadu becomes first state in India to launch ethical AI, blockchain, cybersecurity policies
Tamilnadu has become the first State in the country to launch Safe and Ethical Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain and Cybersecurity policies. The policies were unveiled by Chief Minister Edapaddi K Palaniswami during the valedictory session of the 19th edition of Connect 2020.
- The policies are Tamil Nadu Cyber Security Policy, 2020, Tamil Nadu Blockchain Policy, 2020, and Tamil Nadu Safe and Ethical Artificial Intelligence Policy, 2020. <<Read Full News>>
About Tamil Nadu:
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
- Capital City: Chennai
PM Modi unveils nine highway projects worth over Rs 14,000 Cr in Bihar
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of nine highway projects worth 14,258 crore rupees in Bihar through video conferencing.
- These highway projects involve a road length of about 350 kilometres at a cost of four thousand two hundred 58 crore rupees.
- The Prime Minister had declared a special package for significant infrastructure development of Bihar in the year 2015. <<Read full News>>
- Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
HDFC Bank tops in 2020 BrandZ Top 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands ranking For Seventh Year in a Row
- HDFC Bank has retained the top position among BrandZ Top 75 most valuable Indian brands list for 2020. HDFC Bank topped the list for the seventh year in a row, with a brand value of $20.3 billion.
- Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) secured second spoty, LIC was followed by Tata Consultancy Services, and Airtel.
- TCS bags the third spot with a valuation of $14.6 billion
- Kotak Mahindra Bank is at 6th position with a brand value of $7.2 billion, a decline of 6%. <<Read Full News>>
About HDFC Bank:
- CEO: Aditya Puri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Awards & Honors
Margaret Atwood wins Dayton literary peace prize 2020
Renowned author Margaret Atwood won this year’s Dayton Literary Peace Prize’s lifetime achievement award officials announced on Monday. The award “celebrates literature’s power to foster peace, social justice and global understanding”.
- Margaret Atwood is a prolific writer of poetry, fiction, nonfiction, essays and comic books. Her successful 1985 novel The Handmaid’s Tale became a popular television series in the United States. <<Read Full News>>
Emmy Awards 2020 – Complete List of Winners
Emmy Awards 2020 – Complete List of Winners. Emmy Awards 2020 which was hosted in Los Angeles Staples Center on September 21, 2020. The nominees tuned in from their homes in the wake of corinavirus situation.
- The Outstanding Drama Series Award is won by the Drama Series Succession. Best Actor Award for Drama is won by Jeremy Strong for the Drama series Succession.
- Euphoria’s Zendaya became the youngest winner for best lead actress in the drama series category.
- A mini FRIENDS reunion also took place with the show’s three female leads – Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow. <<Read Full News>>
International Peace Day observes on September 21
The International Day of Peace is observed across the world on 21 September to acknowledge efforts of those who have strived to end conflict and promote peace.
The 2020 theme for the International Day of Peace is “Shaping Peace Together.”
The UN General Assembly has declared this as a day devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace, through observing 24 hours of non-violence and cease-fire. <<Read Full News>>
- President: Tijjani Muhammad-Bande
- Headquarters: New York, United States
World Alzheimer’s Day – September 21
World Alzheimer’s Day takes place on 21 September and is part of World Alzheimer’s Month. World Alzheimer’s Month is the international campaign every September to raise awareness and challenge the stigma that surrounds dementia. September 2020 marked as the 9th World Alzheimer’s Month. The campaign was launched in 2012.
- Theme for World Alzheimer’s Month in 2020 is ‘Let’s talk about dementia’
- To raise awareness of how it impacts the daily lives of people affected by the condition and challenge the stigma that surrounds it. <<Read Full News>>
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|