Parliament passes Essential Commodities Amendment Bill to regulate supply of food items
Indian Parliament has passed the Essential Commodities (Amendment Bill) with the approval of upper house (Rajya Sabha). Lok Sabha approved the bill on June 15. The bill will provide freedom to farmers to sell their produce as per their choice and create balance in demand and supply chain.
- It will replace the Essential Commodities (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020 which was promulgated in June this year.
About Indian Parliament:
- Founded: 26 January 1950
- Component bodies: Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha
- Offices positions: President of India <<Read Full News>>
Special Report on Sustainable Recovery Post Covid-19 launched by International Energy Agency and NITI Aayog
The International Energy Agency (IEA) and NITI Aayog which is a policy think tank of the Government of India launched the Special Report on Sustainable Recovery. The Aim for launching this report is to boost up the Employment in the country and to recover the Indian Economy.
- This Report is the Part of the International Energy Agency’s flagship World Energy Outlook Series. Due to Covid19 the report is launched virtually by IEA Executive Director Dr Fatih Birol and NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant.
About NITI Aayog:
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
- Headquarters location: Paris, France
- Founded: November 1974 <<Read Full News>>
IIT Guwahati’s convocation – PM Modi delivers the convocation address
The Convocation of IIT Guwahati has held on 22nd September, 2020.It is the 22nd Convocation ceremony of IIT Guwahati. Prime minister Narendra Modi was honoured as chief guest and he has delivered the convocation address by virtual reality mode.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, Union Minister of State for Education Sanjay Dhotre and others has participated in this special event.
- CM- Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor –Jagdish Mukhi
- Headquarters- Guwahati <<Read Full News>>
Union Minister for DoNER, Dr.Jitendra Singh unveils the Logo, song for festival Destination North East-2020, Home Minister Amit Shah to inaugurate
Dr. Dr.Jitendra Singh disclosed the Logo and Song for Destination North East-2020 festival. Due to COVID19 situation the event was held through online.
- This is the four day festival which will be inaugurated by Union Home Minister Amit Shah on 27 September 2020 and the event will be ended on 30 September 2020.
- To increase tourist for north eastern states by promoting north east as tourist and investment destination. <<Read Full News>>
Parliament passes IIIT Laws (Amendment) Bill 2020, declares 5 IIITs as institutions of national importance
Indian Parliament has passed the Indian Institutes of Information Technology Laws (Amendment) Bill 2020. The bill already passed in Lok Sabha (Lower House). The bill was introduced in the Rajya Sabha (Upper House) by Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank.
- The bill mainly aims to formalize the institutes.
About Education Ministry:
- Union Minister: Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
- Constituency: Hardwar, Uttarakhand <<Read Full News>>
75th Anniversary of UN – By Virtual Commemoration
The United Nation marked its 75th anniversary on Monday. In that event, The secretary General of UN Antonio Guterres appeal for peace among the nations and he mentioned COVID 19 pandemic has laid bare the world’s fragilities. UN Member states agreed in June 2019 that the UN will mark its 75th anniversary in the high level meeting if the UN General Assembly on 21 Sep 2020.
THEME: “The future we want, the UN We need”
- Founded -24.10.1945
- Headquarters- Newyork, US.
- Secretary General – Antonio Guterres<<Read Full News>>
India and Maldives Jointly launches its Maiden Cargo Ferry Service
India and Maldives Jointly launched their First ever Cargo Ferry Service. This Service was launched by Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya and Aishanth Nahula, Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation of Maldives. This Service connect the Tuticotin, Cochin Ports of India with Kulhudhuhfushi,Male ports of the Maldives.
- To boost trade between the two countries.
- About Maldives:
- Capital: Male
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih <<Read Full News>>
Kerala Government to Set Up Medical Devices Park worth Rs 260 Crore
The State Government of Kerala has planned to set up MedSpark, the medical devices park to furnish full range of services for the medical devices industry like R&D support, testing, and evaluation. The State Government has allocated Rs 260 crore for medical devices park.
For this project the state government has collaborated with Thiruvananthapuram based Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology. The foundation stone will be laid by Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan on 24 September 2020.
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammed Khan
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram <<Read Full News>>
Madhya Pradesh Govt sets targets to provide tap connections for all households in all rural areas under Jal Jeevan Mission by 2023
The State Government of Madhya Pradesh has planned to provide clean water through tap connection for all households under Jal Jeevan Mission by 2023. The Government has approved Rs.197 crore for this project. This Jal Jeevan Mission is launched by Ministry of Jal Shakti.
A target has been set to complete the scheme in the rural areas of the entire state by year 2023 under the Jal Jivan Mission.
About Ministry of Jal Shakti:
- Founded: May 2019
- Union Minister: Gajendra Singh Shekhawat <<Read Full News>>
Awards & Honors
PM Modi becomes Second Prime Minister after Vajpayee to win Ig Nobel Prize 2020 for Medical Education
Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi won the Ig Nobel Prize for 2020 for ‘Medical Education’. PM Modi is the Second Indian PM after Atal Bihari Vajpayee to get this Ig Award. Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee was awarded in 1998.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi wins this prize with United States President Donald Trump, Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro, UK’s Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Turkey President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Russian President Vladimir Putin, Turkmenistan President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow, Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko and the Mexico President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador.
About Improbable Research:
- Editor: Marc Abrahams
- Headquarters: Cambridge, USA <<Read Full News>>
For the First Time 2 Women Officers Selected in Indian Navy’s Helicopter Stream
Two women officers have been selected airborne tacticians in the Indian Navy’s helicopter stream. The two part of a group of 17 officers of the Indian Navy. The Group has four women officers and three officers of the Indian Coast Guard (ICG).
- The Two Women officers are namely Sub Lieutenant (SLt) Kumudini Tyagi and SLt Riti Singh who are selected as “Observers’’.
About Indian Navy:
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral Karambir Singh
- Founded: 26 January 1950
- Headquarters: Ministry of Defence, New Delhi <<Read Full News>>
Italian Open 2020 – Novak Djokovic won Men’s Single Title
The Italian Open is a tennis tournament held in Rome, Italy every year. It is one of the most important clay tennis tournaments in the world. Novak Djokovic and Simona Halep are Italian Open 2020 winners in Men’s Singles and Women’s Singles category respectively. <<Read Full News>>
|Italian Open 2020 Event||Winners||Runner up|
|Men’s Singles||Novak Djokovic (Serbia)||Diego Schwartzman (Argentina)|
|Women’s Singles||Simona Halep (Romania)||Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic)|
|Men’s Doubles||Marcel Granollers and Horacia Zeballos||Jeremy Chardy and Fabrice Martin|
|Women’s Doubles||Hsieh Su-Wei and Barbora Strycova||Anna-Lena Friedsam and Raluca Olaru|
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|