GoI & UNICEF launch YuWaah Platform – To make young people career ready
The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports and the United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) have signed a SoI (Statement of Intent) to launch YuWaah-Generation Unlimited (GenU), which is a global multi-stakeholder platform in India. This YuWaah initiative started in New York in 2018.
- This initiative aims to bring young people together to tackle the urgent challenge of investing in their learning and training for the complex and fast-changing world of work and can be active and engaged citizens.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Head: Henrietta H. Fore <<Read Full News>>
Three Key labour code Bills Passed by Parliament to Cover more than 50 crores workers in the country
Parliament has passed the three historic labour code Bills for the welfare and protection of the workers. The Upper House (Rajya Sabha) granted its approval to these three bills.
- The Bills already passed in Lok Sabha.
- These Three bills facilitate labour welfare reforms covering more than 50 crores organized and unorganized workers in the country.
About Ministry of Labour and Employment:
- Union Minister: Santosh Kumar Gangwar <<Read Full News>>
CBRI project website launched by ambassador Vinay M. Kwatra and the CEO of NRA
CBRI (Central Building Research Institute) project website – “www.goicbrinepal.com” on Post-Earthquake reconstruction initiative was launched by the ambassador of India to Nepal Vinay M. Kwatra and CEO of National Reconstruction Authority, Sushil Gyewali. Vinay M. Kwatra is serving as ambassador of India to Nepal from March 2020.
- Sushil Gyewali is the CEO of NRA (National Reconstruction Authority). The National Reconstruction Authority is a government agency of Nepal which was formed in August 2015.
- Vinay M. Kwatra is serving as ambassador of India to Nepal from March 2020.
- Located in – Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- Founded – 1947 <<Read Full News>>
J&K Official Languages Bill, 2020 Passed in Parliament –Facilitates Kashmiri, Dogri, Hindi, English and Urdu as official languages
With Approval of the Upper House, Parliament has passed the Jammu and Kashmir Official Languages Bill, 2020. The bill facilitates Kashmiri, Dogri, Hindi, English and Urdu as the official language of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The bill passed in Rajya Sabha through Voice Vote. The Lok Sabha has already passed this bill.
About Jammu & Kashmir:
- Capitals: Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (Summer)
- Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha <<Read Full News>>
Madhya Pradesh to launch Mukhya Mantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana for farmers
Madhya Pradesh government is planned to launch the Mukhya Mantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana followed by Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi. The Farmers, who are all getting Rs. 6,000 per annum, will be getting additional financial assistance of Rs. 4,000.
- According to the Report, More than 80 lakh farmers will be benefitted from Chief Minister Kisan Kalyan Yojana.
- Around 80 lakh farmers will be benefitted from the announced Chief Minister Kisan Kalyan Yojana.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Chief Ministers: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Capital: Bhopal <<Read Full News>>
President of India to Confer NSS Awards for 2018-19 through Virtual Mode
President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind will confer National Service Scheme Award on 24 September 2020. Due to COVID19 situation the award function will be held through video conferencing.
- This Year the NSS Awards will be awarded to 42 awardees in 3 different categories like University or Council and their Programme Officers and NSS Volunteers.
About Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports:
- Ministers of State: Kiren Rijiju <<Read Full News>>
Union Minister Piyush Goyal attends G-20 Trade and Investment Ministers Meeting Virtually
Union Commerce and Industry & Railways Minister Shri PiyushGoyal attended the G-20 Trade and Investment Ministers Meeting. The Minister attended the G20 Meeting through video conference.
- Discussions were held on the importance to recognise the important role of small retailers in sustaining food chains and essential supplies.
About Ministry of Railways, Commerce and Industry:
- Union Minister: Piyush Goyal
- Minister of State for Railways: Angadi Suresh Channabasappa <<Read Full News>>
Indian Navy and Royal Australian Navy conduct two day Passage Exercise (PASSEX) in Indian Ocean
The Indian Navy and Royal Australian Navy conduct the Passage Exercise in East Indian Ocean. The Two Navies Perform this exercise from 23 to 24 September 2020. Indian Naval Ships Sahyadri and Karmuk and Australian Naval Ships HMAS Hobart take place in this exercise.
To enhance interoperability, improving understanding and imbibing best practices from each countries.
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
- Capital: Canberra <<Read Full News>>
ABHYAS – DRDO conducts air vehicle test from test range in Odisha
India successfully conducted the flight test of ABHYAS – High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT).
- This trial run was performed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur, Odisha.
- The vehicle will be used as a target for evaluation of various missile systems.
- Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 1958 <<Read Full News>>
Sports Ministry to launch Khelo India State Centres of Excellence in Country
Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs will launch the Khelo India Centre of Excellence (KISCE) in 6 states of the country. This KISCE will be set up under the Khelo India Scheme.
- Sports Ministry has selected eight states including Karnataka, Odisha, Kerala, Telangana and the North East States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Nagaland.
About Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports:
- Minister of State: Kiren Rijiju <<Read Full News>>
International Day of Sign Languages observes on September 23
Every year International Day of Sign Languages observed on September 23. The choice of 23 September commemorates the date that the WFD was established in 1951. The first International Day of Sign Languages was celebrated on 23 September 2018 as part of International Week of the Deaf (on 24-30 September).
- Every Year the International Week of the Deaf is celebrated on 24-30 September.
- International Day of Sign Languages 2020 is “Sign Languages are for everyone!”
About World Federation of the Deaf:
- President: Joseph J. Murray.
- Headquarters location: Helsinki, Finland. <<Read Full News>>
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|