26th November 2020 Current Affairs
PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate RE-INVEST 2020 Virtually
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate The 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-INVEST 2020) on 26 November 2020.
- Along with PM Modi, the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industri
- al Strategy, UK and President COP-26 and the Minister of Energy, Utilities and Climate, Denmark will also address inaugural session.
10th National Science Film Festival Begins – Hosted by Tripura
Tripura hosts 10th National Science Film Festival in virtual mode. VigyanPrasar, which is an autonomous agency under the Department of Science and Technology, has been organizing this science festival.
- The national science film festival 2020 is being jointly by organized Vigyan Prasar, and the Tripura State Council of Science and Technology, Govt. of Tripura.
- A total of 372 films in different languages have been received for participation in the festival this year.
UNDP and Invest India launches SDG Investor Map for India
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) which is the United Nation’s global development network and Invest India launched the sustainable development goal investor map for India.
- It is laying out 18 investment opportunities areas (IOAs).
- These IOAs are in six critical sustainable development goals enabling sectors that can help India push the needle forward on Sustainable Development.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 22 November 1965
- Head: Achim Steiner
Agriculture Minister Launched “Sahakar Pragya” for Farmers
Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare has launched “Sahakar Pragya” for Farmer welfare.
- Under the initiative, the farmers in primary cooperatives in rural areas would be trained by the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
- Sahakar Pragya consists of the launch of 45 training modules to transfer knowledge, skills and organizational capacities to furnish the cooperative societies.
7th Joint Trade Committee meeting held between India & Myanmar
India and Myanmar counterparts held the seventh Joint Trade Committee meeting.
- The Meeting was co-chaired by Union Minister for Ministry of Commerce, Myanmar and Piyush Goyal the Commerce and Industry Minister of India.
- Discussions were held on trade, investment, connectivity, banking, capacity building and upgradation of border infrastructure.
- Capital: Naypyitaw
- President: Win Myint
- Currency: Burmese kyat
Andhra Pradesh CM launches Adhayam App for women safety
Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh has launched Abhayam App for safety of women and children while travelling in public transport.
- The Abhayam app will provide emergency help to those in distress.
- This is the first Internet of Things (IoT) based women safety project.
- The project is sanctioned by the Central Government under the Nirbhaya Scheme.
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief Minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Prime Minister Modi initiates “Har Ghar Nal Yojana” Water Project in Uttar Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched ‘Har Ghar Nal Yojna’ in Uttar Pradesh. This Yojana facilitates Tap Water to Every Household of Uttar Pradesh’s Sonbhadra and Mirzapur district
- To solve the water scarcity problem the state government planned to launch the scheme of worth Rs 5,555 crores was launched in the state.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
Tamil Nadu CM launched Thee Mobile App for people to reach TN Fire & Rescue Services
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami launched a mobile app called Thee (Fire), developed by the State Fire and Rescue Services Department.
- This is to help the public approach the department during fire accidents, floods and other emergency situations.
- The app has been developed with Amtex technology.
About Tamil Nadu:
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Karnataka Governor presented Doctor of Science honorary doctorate to ISRO Chairman K Sivan
Karnataka Governor Vajubhai Vala has given the Doctor of Science honorary doctorate to ISRO Chairman K Sivan for his contribution to Space programme and the social role that it has played in the country.
- The doctorate was conferred by The Visvesvaraya Technological University which is a collegiate public state university in Belgavi, Karnataka established by the Government of Karnataka.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
International Emmy Awards 2020 Announced – Netflix show Delhi Crime wins Best Drama Series Award
The 48th International Emmy Awards were held virtually due to COVID 19 situation. The Netflix show, Delhi Crime, has won the Best Drama Series award at the 48th International Emmy Awards 2020. The series is directed by Richie Mehta,
- Glenda Jackson won the Best Actress Award for Elizabeth Is Missing. Billy Barratt won best actor award for Responsible Child. Best Documentary Award won by For Sama.
MoUs & Agreements
India and America extends MoU for further 10 years in a nuclear energy partnership
India and the America have extended their MoU for cooperation on nuclear energy for 10 more years.
- Marking the tenth year of cooperation between the United States and India at the Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership (GCNEP) and the signing of the extension, for an additional ten years.
- India and the US also recognized the strength of the partnership in the fields of security, nuclear and radiological security cooperation.
HDFC ERGO General Insurance collaborated with NSDL Payments Bank to provide customized Insurance Policies to customers
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company has partnered with NSDL Payments Bank to offer customized Insurance Policies to its customers via NSDL Jiffy which is a mobile banking application.
- This aim of this collaboration is to bring together the deep distribution network of NSDL Payments Bank and the strong innovation pipeline of HDFC ERGO to contribute towards financial inclusion in the India.
About NSDL Payments Bank Limited:
- Chairman: G.V. Nageswara Rao
- CEO: Mr. Ashutosh Singh
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
The First Varunastra the heavy weight torpedo was developed by Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL) of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for the Indian Navy.
- The weight of the torpedo is 1500 kilograms. Operational range is 40 kilometres.
- The maximum speed of the torpedo is 74 kilometre per hour
- The torpedo is capable of carrying a war head of 250 kilogram. It is powered by Silver oxide zinc battery.
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman: G Satheesh Reddy
November 26 – National Constitution Day
National Constitution Day is celebrated annually on November 26. The day is observed to remember the adoption of the Constitution in India.
- On this day in 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India formally adopted the Constitution of India that came into force on 26 January 1950.
- This day is also known as National Law Day.
National Milk Day is celebrated on 26 November
Every year National Milk Day is celebrated on November 26 to demonstrate the importance of milk in everyone’s life.
- The day was established by the Food and Agricultural Organisation in 2014.
- The day is dedicated to honouring Dr. Verghese Kurien, who is the father of India’s White Revolution. His birthday is November 26.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
You have to study at least 6 months current affairs
What’s the difference between news and current affairs?
Current affairs is a genre of broadcast journalism. This differs from regular news broadcasts which place highlights on news reports
How many current affairs questions come in IBPS Exams?
Around 15-20 Questions come out from the current affair sections