The Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the ‘Destination North East-2020’. Due to coronavirus outbreak the event was held virtually through video conferencing. This Event is organised by the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region.
- The Theme for Destination North East-2020 is The Emerging Delightful Destinations.
About Union Home Ministry:
- Union Minister: Amit Shah
- Minister of State: G. Kishan Reddy
GoI to raise public healthcare outlay from 1.15% of GDP to 2.5 % by 2025
Government of India is planned to increase the public healthcare outlay from the existing 1.15 per cent of the GDP to 2.5 per cent by 2025. This was announced by Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan on an programme with social media users.
- The National Health Policy, 2017 targeted the increase in public health expenditure to 2.5% of GDP. As per Global Health Security rank, India is at 57th position in Global Health.
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare:
- Union Minister: Harsh Vardhan
- Minister of State: Ashwini Kumar Choubey
Union Petroleum Minister addresses meeting with the theme of Tourism & rural development virtually
Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Union Tourism and Culture Minister Prahlad Singh Patel addressed a meeting on the theme of Tourism and rural development on World Tourism Day i.e 27 September 2020.
- The Discussions were held on Ministry of Tourism for its novel initiative Dekho Apna Desh that promotes and encourages local heritage and tourist sites, Internet’s role in making the world a global village.
About Ministry of Rural Development:
- Union Minister: Narendra Singh Tomar
- Constituency: Rajya Sabha(M.P)
About Ministry of Tourism:
- Union Minister: Prahalad Singh Patel
- Constituency: Damoh(M.P)
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan initiates vaccine portal of ICMR & National Clinical Registry for COVID19
Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare initiates the Vaccine Web Portal which is created by The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) which is the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research. On that occasion National Clinical Registry also launched by the Union Minister.
- This vaccine web portal will provide details related to the COVID-19 vaccine development in India and abroad.
- National COVID-19 Clinical Registry will collect data regarding clinical and laboratory investigations, treatments, management protocols and outcomes of hospitalized COVID patients in India.
- People can access the website at : https://vaccine.icmr.org.in/
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Leader: Balram Bhargava
- Founded: 1911
Lebanese Prime Minister designate Mustapha Adib steps down
The Prime Minister-designate of Lebanon Mustapha Adib resigned due to failure to form a new cabinet. Mustapha Adib, former ambassador to Berlin, was picked on 31 August to form a cabinet.
- The previous government led by Hassan Diab resigned following the Beirut port blast on August 4 that killed some 200 people and left thousands homeless.
- Capital: Beirut.
- Currency: Lebanese pound.
GoI dedicated Gwalior-Morena Flyover to the Country
Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has dedicated 1.4 km flyover on NH-3 at Morena Town in Madhya Pradesh built at a cost of Rs 108 crore to the nation through video conferencing.
- The flyover connecting Dholpur in Rajasthan and Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh has been completed within the scheduled 18 months’ time under engineering, procurement and construction mode.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Rankings & Index
University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) which is the academic arm of the United Nations and acts as a global think tank released the World Risk Index 2020. In the Index, India secured 89th spot while the index is topped by Vanuatu (Pacific island state).
- The World Risk Report is released by the United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) and Bundnis Entwicklung Hilft, in cooperation with the University of Stuttgart in Germany. The fist edition of this report released on 2011
Health in India Report 2020: Released by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation – Key Highlights
The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation has released the report of a survey named ‘Health in India’. The report is released with an objective to gather basic assessable information on health sector of India. As per report nearly 7.5 % of Indians reported that they were suffering from disease.
- In rural India only 6.8 % said that they were suffering from an ailment, this number in urban India was 9.1 %.
- The Zoroastrian community remains the most susceptible to ailments.
About Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation:
- Minister of State(I/C): Rao Inderjit Singh
Masters in Management Rankings 2020: IIM Calcutta secures 2nd Spot among India’s B-Schools and 21st globally
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta has ranked 2nd spot in the Financial Time’s Masters in Management Rankings 2020.
- The financial institution secures this place for its Two-Year Masters in Business Administration (MBA) program.
- The Ranking is based on the Alumni Career Progress, School Diversity, and International Experience and Research
- IIM Calcutta had an advantage over its competitors as the only B-school to be a part of the prestigious CEMS
LIC, GIC, New India identify as systemically important insurers (D-SIIs) by IRDAI
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) and New India Assurance are identified as domestic systemically important insurers (D-SIIs) by The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
- D-SIIs refer to insurers of such size, market importance and domestic and global inter-connectedness which firm failure may cause a significant disruption in the domestic financial system. D-SIIs are noticed as insurers that are ‘too big or too important to fail’ (TBTF).
- Chairman: Subhash C. Khuntia
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
The Reserve Bank of India is going to launch Positive Pay System for Cheque Truncation System (CTS). This Positive Pay System will be developed by The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) which is an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India. The positive pay system will be implemented from January 1, 2021.
- Using this positive pay system, the issuer of the cheque will be required to submit electronically, via SMS, mobile application, Net banking or ATM certain information of that cheque like date, name of the beneficiary, payee, amount to the drawee bank. Reserve Bank introduced this positive pay system to prevent frauds with high value cheques.
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das Trending
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Women Cricketer Neetu David selected as head of India women’s selection committee for 4 years by BCCI
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has appointed India’s Women Cricketer Neetu David as the Chairman of the 5 member women’s national selection panel. Her Panel has been appointed for tenure of four years.
- This Panel replaces the Hemlata Kala, whose term ended in March 2020.
- The other member of the newly-elected panel includes Mithu Mukherjee, Renu Margrate, Arati Vaidya and V Kalpana.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: December 1928
- Headquarters: Sourav Ganguly
Science & Technology
‘MOUSHIK’ – Microprocessor launched by IIT Madras for IoT Devices
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras researchers launched a Microprocessor named ‘MOUSHIK’ which can serve to the rapidly-growing IoT devices, an integral part of Smart Cities of a Digital India.
MOUSHIK is a processor which is designed and developed at the Pratap Subrahmanyam Centre for Digital Intelligence and Secure Hardware Architecture (PS-CDISHA) of the RISE Group, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras.
Shivangi Singh became India’s 1st woman fighter pilot to fly Rafale
Shivangi Singh became the first woman fighter pilot of India to fly the Rafale combat aircraft of Indian Air Force. She hails from Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.Earlier Five Rafale Aircraft were formally inducted into the IAF’s at Air Force Station, Ambala (Haryana).
- The strength of the IAF at present is 1,41,606, out of which nearly 12,159 are officers and 1,29,447 are airmen.
- Chief of the Air Staff (CAS): Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria.
- Motto: Touch the sky with Glory.
Union Minister of Defence Rajnath Singh released the New Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP) 2020. He unveils thee procedure in Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) meeting in South Block. This DAP 2020 is line up with PM’s Atmanirbhar Bharat with an aim of transforming India into a global manufacturing hub.
- The first Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) was promulgated in the year 2002 and has since been revised periodically.
- DAP 2020 will be applicable with effect from 01 October 2020.
About Defence Ministry:
- Union Minister: Rajnath Singh
- Constituency: Lucknow, U.P
Awards & Honors
All India Football Federation (AIFF) awards for the season 2019-20 declared. In Men’s category Indian’s men football team Goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu won the AIFF Player of the year award. He is also received Arjuna Award Last year. Meanwhile, AIFF Women’s Player of the year award won by Women’s Squad Midfielder Sanju Yadav. She is hails from Haryana.
Complete List of Winners
|AIFF Men’s Footballer of the Year||Gurpreet Singh Sandhu|
|Women’s Player of the Year||Sanju Yadav|
|Men’s Emerging Footballer of the Year||Anirudh Thapa|
|Emerging Women’s Footballer of the Year||Ratanbala Devi|
|Award for the Best Assistant Referee||Mr. P. VAIRA-MUTHU (from Tamil Nadu)|
|Award for the Best Referee||Ajit Kumar Meetei (from Manipur)|
|Award for the Best Grassroots Development Programme||West Bengal (based on E-licence courses and Golden Baby Leagues).|
Finnish racing driver Valtteri Bottas wins Russian Grand Prix 2020
Finnish racing driver Valtteri Bottas has won the Formula One Russian Grand Prix 2020 which is held on 27 September 2020. This is his second win of the season.
- He is followed by Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) who secured second position and Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) secured third place.
Every year International Day for Universal Access to Information is observed on 28 September. This day is also known as commonly known as Access to Information Day. This day was declared by United Nations General Assembly on 15 October 2019.
- The International Day for Universal Access to Information theme is Access to Information – Saving lives, Building Trust, Bringing Hope!
About United Nations General Assembly:
- President: Tijjani Muhammad-Bande
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founder: United Nations
Every year September 27 is observed as World Tourism Day. This day is adapted by United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) which is a specialized agency entrusted with the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.
- The theme for World Tourism Day 2020 is “Tourism and Rural Development”.
- Headquarters location: Madrid, Spain
- Head: Zurab Pololikashvili
- Founded: 1 November 1974
World Rabies Day Celebrated on 28 September Globally
World Rabies Day Celebrated on 28 September. This Day aims to increase awareness regarding to the impact of rabies on animals and human beings and to give necessary information and advice on how to save mankind from the disease.
The theme for this year World Rabies Day is ‘End Rabies: Collaborate, Vaccinate’.
- The day also marks the death anniversary of the French chemist and microbiologist, Louis Pasteur’, who developed the first rabies vaccine.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|