The Government of India has enacted three Acts with an objective to revamp agriculture sector in the country and increase farmer’s income. Additionally President Ram Nath Kovind gave assent to Jammu & Kashmir Official Languages Bill, 2020.
The Three acts are:
1) Farmer’s Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020
2) The Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Act, 2020
3) The Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act 2020
About Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare:
- Union Minister: Narendra Singh Tomar
Indian Railway’s launches New User Depot Model – To be implemented across all Zones of Indian Railways
Indian Railways has launched its User Depot Module (UDM) that is developed by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS) which designs and develops most of the important information systems of Indian Railways. The UDM digitally launched across all user depots of Western Railway.
- This will ensure digitization of complete supply chain, including user depots.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founder: Ministry of Railways
- Founded: July 1986
Union Ministry of Home Affairs allows three new NIA branches at Imphal, Chennai, Ranchi
National Investigation Agency (NIA) is a central agency established by the Indian Government to combat terror in India will going to set up three more branches in Imphal, Chennai and Ranchi.
- Union Home Ministry has approved the proposal for setting up three new NIA branches.
- The opening of new branches shall help in ensuring quick response to any emergent situation in the concerned states by the premier anti-terror investigation agency.
- Governing body: Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India
- Founder: Radha Vinod Raju
Webinars on Naturopathy to be conducted on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti
National Webinar will be organised by a National Institute of Naturopathy (NIN), Pune , is an premier institute comes under Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India. The theme of the webinar is Gandhian philosophy of Self Reliance through Self Health Reliance on Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary celebrations from 2nd Oct 2020 and which will go on till National Naturopathy Day which is on 18th Nov 2020.
- The aim of the program is to create awareness on Naturopathy practices with demonstrations.
About Ayush Ministry:
- Union Minister: Shripad Yesso Naik
Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi and Denmark’s Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen held a bilateral summit. This Summit was held on 28 September 2020 through video conferencing. Both Countries Prime Ministers approve to elevate their relations in a “green strategic partnership” which will address global challenges and solutions on green energy transition and climate change.
- The Green Strategic Partnership is mutually beneficial to both the countries to advance political cooperation, create jobs, expand economic relations.
- Capital: Copenhagen
- Currency: Danish krone
The World Health Organization (WHO) which is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health announced its plan to roll out 120 million rapid-diagnostic tests for the COVID19 with its partner countries.
To help lower and middle-income countries make up ground in a testing gap with richer countries.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
Prime Minister Modi launches six mega projects in Uttarakhand under Namami Gange Mission Virtually
Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi launched six mega projects in Uttarakhand under the Namami Gange Mission. Due to COVID19 situation the inaugural function was conducted through online mode.
- PM Modi also launched “Ganga Avalokan”, the first museum on Ganga dedicated to showcase the culture, biodiversity and rejuvenation activities done in Ganga river. The museum is situated at Chandi Ghat, Haridwar.
- A book, named ‘Rowing down the Ganges’, co-published by National Mission for Clean Ganga and Wildlife Institute of India launched at the virtual event.
- Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
Telangana State Govt to initiate Dharani land Web Portal
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will going to initiate Dharani land Web Portal Integrated land record management.
- This Web portal aims to make the state’s revenue services available online to the citizens of the country.
- Through this online portal, the citizens can avail of the revenue services Mutation, Land Conversion, and Registration Services, etc.
- Chief Minister: K Chandrasekhar Rao
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
Ratings & Reports
ICRA Limited which is an Indian independent and professional investment information and credit rating agency has revised its GDP percentage for India to 11 per cent. Earlier the rating agency projected the India’s GDP at 9.5 per cent.
- The Rating Agency contracts its GDP percentage for India due to COVID19 situation in India.
- CEO: N. Sivaraman
- Headquarters: India
- Founded: 1991
IIFL Hurun India released the Rich List for the year of 2020. Reliance Industry’s Chairman Mukesh Ambani topped the IIFL Hurun India Rich List 2020 with a total wealth of Rs 6.58 lakh crore. He has topped the list of richest Indians for the 9th consecutive year.
- The 9th edition of report was released by Hurun Report India and IIFL Wealth Management.
- London-based Hinduja brothers (SP Hinduja, along with his three brothers) with a wealth of Rs 1.43 lakh crore bagged the second position.
- HCL Founder Shiv Nadar with a wealth of Rs 1.41 lakh crore ranked third, followed by Gautam Adani and family at fourth spot and Azim Premji at fifth spot.
PD Vaghela, Senior Indian Administrative Service Officer appointed as new TRAI chairman
PD Vaghela, Senior Indian Administrative Service Officer appointed as new TRAI chairman. Government has appointed PD Vaghela, who is a senior Indian Administrative Service Officer as The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) new Chairman. Mr. Vaghela is succeeded R.S. Sharma.
- Mr Vaghela will hold the post for a period of three years or until he attains the age of 65 years.
- Founded: 20 February 1997
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Sector: Telecommunications
Former Foreign Minister Moctar Ouane appointed as Mali’s new Prime Minister
Moctar Ouane Who is Former Foreign Minister of Mali was appointed as new Prime Minister. He served as Mali’s permanent representative to the United Nations from 1995 to 2002.
- He also served as a foreign minister from 2004-2009 during Amadou Toumani Toure’s presidency.
- Capital: Bamako
- Currency: West African CFA franc.
S S Deswal, ITBP Director General receives additional charge of National Security Guard
S S Deswal Who serves as a The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) Director General got an additional charge of counter-terrorism force National Security Guard (NSG). NSG’s incumbent chief A K Singh is going to retire on September 30,
- Deswal will hold a charge additional charge of the post of DG NSG till the joining of regular DG or until further orders.
About National Security Guard:
- Founded: 22 September 1986
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Former IBM executive Rinki Sethi appointed as Chief Information Security Officer of Twitter
Twitter which is an American micro blogging and social networking service has appointed Former IBM executive Rinki Sethi appointed as Chief Information Security Officer. Prior to this appointment Sethi who worked at IBM as Vice President, Information Security.
- For almost six years, Rinki has served on the advisory council for SecureWorld, one of North America’s most vital cybersecurity conferences.
- CEO: Jack Dorsey
- Headquarters: San Francisco, California, US
Reserve Bank of India prolongs enhanced borrowing limit for banks under MSF by six months, till March 31
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) which is the regulator of the entire Banking in India has prolonged the enhanced borrowing limit for banks under Marginal standing facility (MSF) till March 31.
- The Financial board has increased the borrowing limit for scheduled banks under the marginal standing facility scheme from 2% to 3% of their Net Demand and Time Liabilities.
- This facility, which was initially available up to June 30, 2020, was later extended up to September 30, 2020. Now it further extended up to March 31, 2020.
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das Trending
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Power Minister signs MoU with Power Finance Corporation Limited
Power Finance Corporation Ltd which is the financial back bone of Indian Power Sector has signed memorandum of understanding with Union Power Ministry achieve various targets by PFC during FY 2020-21.
- The agreement was signed by Power Secretary Sanjiv Nandan Sahai and CMD of PFC R.S. Dhillon in presence of senior officials of the Ministry of Power and PFC.
About Ministry of Power:
- Union Minister: Raj Kumar Singh
The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) which is the decision making board in the Ministry of Defence for considering on new policies and capital acquisitions for the Army, Navy and Air Force and the Indian Coast Guard. Now the board gave his approval for the proposals for the capital acquisition of equipment that the Armed Forces of India requires at a cost of Rs. 2,900 crores.
Equipments Approved by DAC:
- This procurement contains 72,000 assault rifles from the America.
- Smart Anti Airfield Weapon and Static High Frequency Trans-receiver sets
- High Frequency Radio Sets
- Smart Anti Field weapon that is to be procured at Rs 970 crores
- SIG SAUER Assault Rifles costing around Rs 780 crores.
Books & Authors
Union Defence Minister Raj Nath Singh released a book named A Bouquet of Flowers which is authored by Dr Krishna Sakshena who is a retired English professor
- She is the first lady to get a PhD, in 1955 from Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh.
- The book has been designed to allow the readers to travel their own journey and arrive at their own very personal realisation and be inspired by it.
Every Year World Heart Day is observed on 29 September 2020. This day is celebrated to raise awareness among people about cardiovascular disease (CVD), including heart disease and stroke.
- World Heart Day 2020 theme is ‘Use Heart to Beat: for society, your loved ones and you’.
- This Day is adopted by World Heart Federation which headquarters located in Switzerland
- The first World Heart Day took place back in 2000.
About World Heart Federation:
- Founded: 2000
- Headquarters location: Geneva, Switzerland
The United Nations General Assembly has observed every year International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste on September 29. This day is celebrated with an aim to reduce food loss and waste toward ensuring food security for all and particularly the most vulnerable, impacted by the coronavirus situation.
- International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste is adopted by The United Nations General Assembly
Former Assam Chief Minister Syeda Anwara Taimur Passes away
Former Assam Chief Minister Syeda Anwara Taimur Passed away. She is the only woman Chief Minister of the state.
- She is elected four times Elected four times to the state Assembly in 1972, 1978, 1983 and 1991, Taimur was a Rajya Sabha member in 1988.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|