Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan and Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar jointly launched the ‘COVID-19- Safe Workplace Guidelines for Industry’. These guidelines will also provide the details about infection control measures.
- The guidelines also provide the infection control measures such as frequent hand washing, respiratory hygiene, frequent sanitization of the work place and social distancing.
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare:
- Union Minister: Dr. Harsh Vardhan
- Minister of State: Ashwini Kumar Choubey
About Ministry of Labour and Employment:
- Minister of State: Santosh Kumar Gangwar
Vice President of India inaugurated the 14th edition of FICCI HEAL which is a annual healthcare conference organized by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) which is an Industry is an association of business organizations in India.
- This is the 14th edition of the annual conference and theme for the year 2020 is “Post COVID Healthcare World–The New Beginning”.
- FICCI HEAL has been supported by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and recently NITI Aayog, which is a policy think tank of the Government of India.
- This annual conference is schedule between 29th September 2020 and 01st October 2020.
- Founded: 1927
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
Union Minister Harsh Vardhan addresses The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health’s ‘Accountability Breakfast’ Virtually
Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan, addressed the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (PMNCH) ‘Accountability Breakfast’. Due to COVID19 pandemic the conference was held through online.
- The event was co-hosted by the White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) and Every Woman Every Child (EWEC).
NITI Aayog conducts Two day Conference on Natural Farming – For Boosting Farmer’s Welfare
NITI Aayog which is a Government of India’s policy think tank has organized Two day Conference on Natural Farming. The Board conducts this national-level conference from 29 to 30 September, 2020 with its stakeholders.
- The aim of this conference is to create the many socioeconomic and environmental benefits of natural farming for boosting farmer’s welfare, consumer health, food security and nutrition.
About NITI Aayog:
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
National Institute of Nutrition raises the average weight for Men and Women
National Institute of Nutrition is one of the oldest research centers in India, and the largest center, under the Indian Council of Medical Research has increased the Ideal weight for Men and Women. The board has been increased the average body weight for Indians by 5kg in its recent report.
- The average weight for Indian men has been increased from the 60kg in 2010 to 65kg now. Meanwhile the average weight for Indian women has been increased from 50kg in 2010 to 55kg.
India and Bangladesh will construct a High Level Monitoring Committee. The Decision to construct the committee is taken on the 6th meeting of the Joint Consultative Commission (JCC) which was held via online. This High Level Committee will headed by the Secretary, Economic Relations Division of Bangladesh and High Commissioner of India in Bangladesh.
To regularly review the progress of implementation of projects being run with Line of Credit (Loc) provided by India.
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Capital: Dhaka
- Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
India and China diplomats conducted 19th meeting of Working Mechanism for Consultation & Coordination (WMCC) of India-China Border Affairs. India is represented by Joint secretary in East Asia Division, Navin Srivastava and Chinese side is led by Director General for Boundary and Ocean Affairs.
- Both Nations had agreed to resolve outstanding issues on ground and to ease the situation along the border.
- Capital: Beijing
- President: Xi Jinping
- Currency: Renminbi
Amnesty International stops India operations after its bank accounts frozen
Amnesty International which is a non-governmental organization with its headquarters in the United Kingdom focused on human rights has stopped its India operations, after the Indian government froze the bank accounts of the board, for allegedly breaking rules on foreign funding laws.
- According to the Government of India, Amnesty International has been receiving foreign funds, which the government has prohibited under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA) 2010.
About Amnesty International:
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
Maharashtra Govt awarded Usha Mangeshkar with Gan Samragni Lata Mangeshkar award
The State Government of Maharashtra has awarded singer Usha Mangeshkar with the prestigious “Gansamradni Lata Mangeshkar” award for the year of 2020-21.
- Every year this award is presented to singers by Maharashtra state government to felicitate senior vocal artistes and their contribution.
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs five lakh and a citation.
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Sanitation Literacy Campaign to be conducted by NABARD in Karnataka
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) is an apex development finance institution fully owned by Government of India is planned to start a Sanitation Literacy Campaign (SLC) in Karnataka to promote literacy on WASH – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in 2,000 villages which is covering nearly one lakh rural population in the state.
- This campaign will start from October 2 and continue till January 26, 2021.
- Chairman: Govinda Rajulu Chintala.
- Capital: Mumbai
Reports & Surveys
The National Statistical Office (NSO) which is maintaining statistical standards and coordinate statistical activities of Central and State agencies as laid down by the National Statistical Commission (NSC) held the survey from between January 2019 and December 2019. Now the board has released the Survey Results.
- As per the survey, 92% of Indian Women and only 27% of Indian men participate in employment related activities.
- The results the Employment activities:
In rural area:
In Urban Area:
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), which is the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, released the Second Sero Survey Report. According to report, COVID19 risk in urban slums was twice than that in non-slum urban areas and four times the risk in rural areas.
- One in 15 individuals aged 10 years and above were estimated to be exposed to SARS-CoV2 by August
- 6% of over 29 thousand people, aged 10 and above, surveyed from 17th August to 22nd September.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Leader: Balram Bhargava
Awards & Honors
Actor Sonu Sood awarded with SDG Special Humanitarian Action Award by UNDP
United Nations Development Programme honoured Actor Sonu Sood with SDG Special Humanitarian Action Award. He won this award for his efforts for sending home lakhs of migrants, helping thousands of stranded students across during COVID19 pandemic.
- With receiving this award, Sonu Sood joins the likes of Angelina Jolie, David Beckham, Leonardo DiCaprio, Emma Watson, Liam Neeson, Cate Blanchett, Antonio Banderas, Nicole Kidman and Priyanka Chopra who have been similarly honoured by different UN bodies.
Movie Producer Shekhar Kapur designated as president of FTII Society & chairman of FTII Governing Council
Flim Producer Shekhar Kapur has been named as the President of Film and Television Institute of India which is an is an autonomous institute under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting of the Government of India and aided by the Central Government of India, FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII.
- He has directed several films, many of which are critically acclaimed. The films include Masoom, Mr. India, Bandit Queen and Elizabeth.
- Location: Pune
- Governing Body: Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
Summits & Conference
Bilateral Summit to be held between India and Bangladesh
India and Bangladesh conducted the sixth round of the Joint Consultative Commission meeting. This Meeting was held virtually through Video Conferencing. This Meet was Co-chaired by the External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar and the Foreign Minister of Bangladesh Dr. A.K. Abdul Momen.
- After the conclusion of the Joint Consultative Commission meeting, Both Countries officials confirmed the Bilateral Summit between India and Bangladesh in December.
- Both sides agreed to take forward the cooperation in the energy sector, including the third party projects.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
NITI Aayog signed agreement to support decarbonization & energy transition agenda with Embassy of Netherland
To support the decarbonization and energy transition agenda for accommodating cleaner and more energy, the NITI Aayog and Embassy of the Netherlands, New Delhi have signed a Statement of Intent(SoI).
- This SoI was signed by NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant and the Netherlands Ambassador Marten van den Berg.
- The aim of this agreement is to create a platform that enables a comprehensive collaboration among stakeholders and influencers, industry bodie, including policymakers, sector expert and private enterprises.
- Capital: Amsterdam
- Currency: Euro
Defence India Startup Challenge-4 launched by Union Minister Rajnath Singh – To boost innovation in defence sector
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched the Defence India Startup Challenge (DISC 4) with an objective to boost Innovations in Defence Excellence (iDEX) ecosystem in New Delhi.
- The Union Minister has also launched also launched the iDEX4Fauji initiative and Product Management Approach (PMA) guidelines during the event.
It is an initiative to support innovations identified by members of the Indian Armed Forces and will bolster frugal innovation ideas from soldiers and field formations.
About Ministry of Defence:
- Union Minister: Raj Nath Singh
- Minister of State: Shripad Yesso Naik
India successfully test-fired Surface to Surface Brahmos Missile with Indigenous Booster from Integrated Test Range in Odisha.
- The Missile was developed by The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Federal State Unitary Enterprise NPO Mashinostroyenia (NPOM) of Russia.
- The missile has a flight range of 300km.
- Chairman: Dr. Satheesh Reddy
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Every year International Translation Day is observed on September 30. This day is celebrated with an objective to raise awareness about the translation profession and to pay tribute to the work of language professionals. This day is declared by United Nations.
- International Translation Day 2020 theme is “Finding the words for a world in crisis”.
- President: Tijjani Muhammad-Bande
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founder: United Nations
Famous songwriter Abhilash passes away
Famous songwriter Abhilash passed away. His original name is Om Prakash. He is best known for the song ‘Itni Shakti Hame Dena Daata’ from the 1986 film Ankush
- Notably, His song ‘Itni Shakti Hame Dena Daata’ has been translated into eight languages and also played as a prayer song across many schools in India.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|