Apart from the Indian Government banned 59 Chinese mobile apps including TikTok, UC Browser, and Cam Scanner among others on June 29, the Indian Army has now banned 89 apps from its personnel’s smartphones on Wednesday.
This action has been taken to avoid leakage of information, said Army source. The ban was projected on messaging platforms, web browsers, contents sharing, gaming apps etc. These apps include Facebook, TikTok, Truecaller, Instagram, UC Browser, PUBG, etc.
The impact against China rising border tension at the Line of Actual Control (LAC), India banned Chinese Mobile apps to avoid detrimental actions and to maintain sovereignty, integrity, security, and public order of the nation. The Ministry of Information Technology has received a lot of complaints about many apps that misuse users’ information.
Here is the list of 89 apps:
- Messaging Platforms: We Chat, QQ, Kik, ooVoo, Nimbuzz, Helo, Qzone, Share Chat, Viber, Line, IMO, Snow, To Tok, Hike
- Video Hosting:TikTok, Likee, Samosa, Kwali
- Contents Sharing:Sharelt, Xender, Zapya
- Web Browsers: UC Browser, UC Browser Mini
- Video and Live Streaming: LiveMe, BigoLive, Zoom, Fast Films, Vmate, Uplive, Vigo Video
- Utility Apps: CamScanner, Beauty Plus, True Caller
- Gaming Apps: PUBG, NONO Live, Clash of Kings, All Tencent gaming apps, Mobile Legends
- E-Commerce: Club Factory, AliExpress, Chinabrands, Gearbest, Banggood, MiniInThebox, TinyDeal, Dhhgate, LightinTheBox, DX, EricDress, Zalul, Tbdress, Modility, Rosegal, Shein, Romwe
- Dating Apps: Tinder, TrulyMadly, Happn, Aisle, Coffee Meets Bagel, Woo, OkCupid, Hinge, Badoo, Azar, Bumble, Tantan, Elite Singles, Tagged, Couch Surfing
- Antivirus:360 Security
- NW: Facebook, Baidu, Instagram, Ello, Snapchat
- News Apps: News Dog, Daily Hunt
- Online Book Reading Apps: Pratilipi
- Hlth Apps: Heal of Y
- Lifestyle Apps: POPXO
- Knowledge Apps: Vokal
- Music Apps:Hungama, Songs.pk
- Blogging/Micro Blogging: Yelp, Tumblr, Reddit, FriendsFeed, Private Blogs