9th Session of India-Oman Joint Commission Meeting held to improve Trade & Investment. India-Oman Joint Commission Meeting conducted through online mode to boost bilateral Trade & Investment. It was attended by representatives of various government departments/ministries from both sides.
The meeting was chaired by Minister of State for Commerce and Industry, Hardeep Singh Puri, and H.E. Mr. Qais bin Mohammed al Yousef, Minister of Commerce, Industry and Investment Promotion of the Sultanate of Oman.
- Both sides agreed to cooperate in areas of Agriculture & Food Security, Standards & Metrology, Tourism, Information Technology, Health & Pharmaceuticals, MSMEs, Space, Civil Aviation, Energy including renewable energy, Culture, Mining, and Higher Education.
- Indian side appreciated Oman for signing and ratification of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Framework Agreement
- For Oman, India was the 3rd largest source for its imports and 3rd largest market for its non-oil exports.
- Bilateral trade between India and Oman grew at 8.5% in 2019-20 over the previous year to reach USD 5.93 billion.
- Capital: Muscat
- Currency: Omani rial
- The 51st annual WEF Davos meeting by the World Economic Forum will be held in which month? – January 2021
- India-US ‘2+2’ dialogue 2020 to be held in – New Delhi
- Who represented India at 102nd World Bank Development Committee Meeting? – Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- The United Nation’s COP 26 climate change summit, which has been postponed to 2021, was scheduled to be held in which city? – Glascow
- India and which country held High Level Meeting under their “oversight mechanism” to review development projects funded by New Delhi in the Himalayan nation? – Nepal
- The virtual Global Vaccine Summit 2020 was hosted by which country’s Prime Minister? – UK
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|