ADB & India Sign $500 Million Loan for Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India today signed a $500 million loan, the first tranche of a total $1 billion facility, to build a modern, high-speed 82-kilometer Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) corridor that will improve regional connectivity and mobility in India’s national capital region (NCR).
The signatories to the loan agreement for the Delhi-Meerut RRTS Investment Project were Shri Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary (, Department of Economic Affairs in the Ministry of Finance who signed for the Government of India, and Mr. Kenichi Yokoyama, Country Director of ADB’s India Resident Mission who signed for ADB.
- The first tranche loan will support construction of the first of three priority rail corridors planned under the NCR Regional Plan 2021 to connect Delhi to other cities in adjoining states.
- With a design speed of 180 km per hour and high-frequency operations of every 5–10 minutes, the 82-km corridor connecting Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Modipuram in Meerut in Uttar Pradesh is expected to reduce the journey time to about 1 hour from the present 3–4 hours.
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- Founded: 19 December 1966
- Membership: 68 countries
Expected Questions for Competitive Exams:
1) ADB sanctions how much loan amount to India to combat COVID-19? – 3 million dollar
2) Who has been appointed as Vice President of ADB recently? – Ashok Lavasa
3) ‘Tackling the COVID-19 youth employment crisis in Asia and the Pacific’ is a joint report of ADB and which organization? – ILO
4) As per Tackling the COVID-19 youth employment crisis in Asia and the Pacific report, COVID-19 pandemic may hit with a job loss of how many youth in India? – 41 lakh
5) How much loan amount did ADB approve for India under CARE Program – 1.5 billion USD
6) Which is the newest member of the ADB? – Niue
7) Asian Development Bank (ADB) and India sign $177 million loan to upgrade state highways of which state? – Maharashtra
8) Which country has highest voting power in the ADB? – Japan
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|