Asia’s largest Solar power project in Madhya Pradesh – Inaugurated by PM Modi

0
143

Rewa Solar power project in Madhya Pradesh is Asia’s largest Solar power project inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi today. He inaugurated by video conferencing and stated that India lies in the top 5 countries in the world in Solar power projects which is going to be the main source of energy in 21st century. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting states this Solar power plant is located in Rewa with three units and each units’ capacity is 250MW. Totally 750MW capacity of generating units in around 500 hectares of land inside Solar Park.

The Solar Park has been developed over a total area of 1500 hectares, by the Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL). RUMSL is a Joint Venture of Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) and Madhya Pradesh UrjaVikas Nigam Limited (MPUVN). RUMSL has developed the Solar Park with an estimate of 138 crore.

RUMSL selected ACME Jaipur Solar Power Private Limited, Mahindra Renewables Private Limited, and Arinsun Clean Energy Private Limited for developing three more solar generating units in Solar Park.

In early 2017, the tariff of other solar projects was around Rs 4.50 per unit, the Solar project in Rewa achieved the first year tariff of Rs 2.97 per unit. Moreover, it showed a tariff escalation of Rs 0.05 per unit over the period 15 years and a levelized rate of Rs 3.30 per unit over a period of 25 years. The expectation is to reduce carbon emission equivalent to around 15 lakh tons of CO2 per year.

Solar Park fulfills more than 50% of the dream to install 175 GW target of renewable energy capacity by 2022. This includes 100 GW of solar installed capacity. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has recommended improvising the payment security to avoid risk among power developers. This has been acknowledged by India and in abroad for its robust infrastructure.

Delhi Metro will get 24 percent of energy, while the remaining 76 percent of energy being supplied to the state DISCOMs of Madhya Pradesh.

Rewa Solar Power project has received the World Bank Group President’s Award for its innovation. PM’s “A Book of Innovation: New Beginnings” includes this project.