National Recruitment Agency (NRA)
A multi-agency body called the National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET) to screen/shortlist candidates for the Group B and C (non-technical) posts. NRA will have representatives of the Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Finance/Department of Financial Services, the SSC, RRB & IBPS. It is envisioned that the NRA would be a specialist body bringing state-of-the-art technology and best practices to the field of Central Government recruitment.
- Cabinet approves creation of National Recruitment Agency (NRA), paving the way for a transformational reform in the recruitment process for central government jobs
- NRA: A Multi-Agency Body to encompass the first level test by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), the Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) and the Institute of Banking Service Personnel (IBPS)
- Common Eligibility Test (CET) to screen candidates at the first level for SSC, RRBs and IBPS
- CET: A computer-based online Common Eligibility Test (CET) for the Graduate, the Higher Secondary (12thpass) and the Matriculate (10th Pass) candidates as a path-breaking reform.
- CET in Every District: Ease of Access to Rural youth, women and disadvantaged candidates
- CET: Focus on access to Test Centres in Aspirational Districts
- CET: Uniform Transformative Recruitment Process
- CET In; Multiplicity of Exams Out
- CET by NRA: Robust use of ICT to Eradicate Malpractices
- CET: A first stage screening of eligible candidates
- CET to reduce Recruitment Cycle
- NRA to conduct Mock Test for rural youth
- NRA to have mock tests, 24×7 helpline and grievance redressal portal
CET Expected Exam Pattern 2020:
|Total Marks||100 marks|
|No of questions||100 questions|
|Exam Duration||90 minutes|
|Question Paper type||MCQ Type|
|Question Paper Language||Multiple languages|
|Negative Mark||There will be a negative mark for each wrong answer|
CET Expected Exam Scheme 2020
|SI.NO||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration Time Allowed|
|Part -A||General Knowledge/ Current Affairs||25||25||90 Minutes|
|Part – B||General Intelligence/ Reasoning||25||25|
|Part – c||Numerical Ability||25||25|
|Part – D||General English||25||25|
CET Expected Exam Syllabus 2020:
Part A– General Awareness: Questions are designed to test the candidate‟s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
Part B- General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations
Past C– Quantitative Aptitude:
Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2 𝜃 + Cos2 𝜃=1 etc.,
Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
Part D– English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|