Cochin Shipyard Limited Workmen Syllabus 2020- Check for and Supervisor: Cochin Shipyard Limited had announced 08 vacancies for the Workmen and Supervisor on 16.11.2020. Candidates who wish to apply for this recruitment must submit their online application before 07.12.2020. Aspirants must have the knowledge about the syllabus and exam of these posts. Now let’s check the details of the exam and syllabus for this recruitment in this page.
Cochin Shipyard Limited Recruitment 2020
|Name of the Board||Cochin Shipyard Limited|
|Name of the Post||Workmen and Supervisor|
|Last Date to Apply||07.12.2020.|
Cochin Shipyard Limited Recruitment 2020 Details:
Cochin Shipyard Limited had released the notification for the recruitment of the Workmen and Supervisor on 16.11.2020. As per the notification, there are 07 vacancies allotted for the Workmen and for Supervisor 01 post is allotted. There are two posts under the Workmen title. They are Junior Technical Assistant (Mechanical) and Junior Commercial Assistant. Now let’s check the exam details of these posts.
Cochin Shipyard Limited Workmen Exam Pattern 2020:
The method of selection for Workmen shall include Phase I, consisting of an Objective type online test (70 marks) and Phase II, consisting of Descriptive Test. The Phase I Objective type online test shall consists of two parts General (Part A) and Discipline related (Part B). Part A comprises of General Knowledge, General English, Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude.
|Subject||No. Of Questions||Marks|
Cochin Shipyard Limited Supervisor Exam Pattern 2020:
The method of selection of Supervisor (Assistant Administrative Officer) shall include Phase I, II and III. The Phase I contains objective type online test for 40 Marks. The Phase II contains descriptive type written test for 40 Marks. The Phase III consists of power point presentation on work experience for 20 Marks.
The Phase I Objective type Online test shall be of 45 minutes duration and consists of two parts- General (Part A) and Discipline related, based on job requirements (Part B). Part A comprises of General Knowledge, General English, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. These topics have the weightage of 05 marks for 05 questions. For the discipline related paper, there are 20 marks was allotted. There shall be no negative marks. Now let’s take a look on the syllabus of these two posts.
Cochin Shipyard Limited Workmen Syllabus:
General (Part A):
- Facts about India and other countries: Basic facts / Geography /
- Tourism / Transport systems / Personalities / Places / History /
- Constitution / Economy / Writers / Literatures / Indian States &
- Union Territories / International Organizations.
- General Science : Branches of studies / Scientific instruments and
- appliances / Physics / Chemistry / Biology
- Sports & Games
- Important Events/ Movements / Leaders / Places / Years
- Writers – Authors – Biography – Autobiography
Spotting Errors , Vocabulary usage , Sentence Completion , Synonyms , Antonyms , Reconstruction of sentences , One word substitution , Idioms & Phrases , Grammar , Correct usage of Articles , Prepositions and Singular and Plural.
Analogy , Classification , Series Completion , Coding-Decoding , Blood Relation , Direction Sense Test , Alphabet Test , Number and Ranking , Puzzle Test , Odd Man out and General Intelligence.
Number system , Fraction and Decimals , Simplification , Volume and surface areas , Square roots and Cube roots , Problems based on numbers, Speed, Time and Distance, Simple Interest , Compound Interest , Boats and Streams , Problems on Trains , Percentage – Interest , HCF and LCM , Average , Ratio and Proportion , Time and Work , Problems based on ages , Profit, Loss and Discount, Statistics , Permutations & Combinations and Probability.
Junior Technical Assistant (Mechanical):
|1.||Manufacturing Processes||(a) Casting
(e) Machining including surface finishing
|2.||Welding||(a) Types of welding
(b) welding defects
(c) Testing of welds
(d) Brazing and soldering
Machines and Machine Design
|(a) Fundamentals and types of machines
(b) Common mechanisms
(c) Cams and followers
(d) Common transmissions
(e) Flywheels and governors
(f) Brakes, dynamometers, clutches and bearings
(g) Balancing and vibration
|(a) Energy sources
(b) Fundamentals of thermodynamics
(c) Ideal gasses
(d) Steam turbines and condensers
(e) Heat Transfer
|5.||Applied Mechanics||(a) Forces and moments
(c) Centroid and Centre of Gravity
(d) Simple machines, pulleys, blocks and wheels
(g) Work, power, energy
|(a) Physical, Mechanical, Thermal, Electrical,
Magnetic Properties etc
(b) Effect of heat treatment
(c) Surface hardness and hardening
(e) Testing of metals
(f) Lubricants and their properties
|(a) Stress and strain
(b) Bending and shear forces
(c) Bending and shear stress
(d) Moment of Inertia
|8.||Fluid Mechanics||(a) Properties of liquids
(b) Fluid dynamics
(c) Classification of fluids
(d) Laws related with fluid flow and dynamics
|9.||Basic Computer Applications||(a) Hardware and software
(b) Operating systems and applications
|10.||Basics of Electrical Engineering and Power Generation||(a) Electrical power generation, transmission and distribution
(b) AC fundamentals
(c) Measuring instruments
(d) DC motors
(e) AC appliances
(f) Utilization of electrical energy
(g) Electrical safety
|11||Industrial Management||(a) Management process
(b) Organizational Management
(c) Human resource management Material Management
|12||Metrology and Instrumentation||
(a) Classification of instruments – range and span, accuracy and precision, reliability, calibration, hysteresis and dead zone, drift, sensitivity, threshold and resolution, repeatability and reproducibility, linearity, speed of response, fidelity and dynamic errors, overshoot.
(b) Measurement of error- classification of errors, environmental errors, signal transmission errors, observation errors, operational errors.
(c) Transducers Classification of transducers- active and passive, resistive, inductive, capacitive, piezo, resistive, thermo resistive
(d) Specification, selection and application for pressure, temperature, flow, humidity, displacement, velocity, force, strain, sound.
(e) Control Systems
(f) Measurement of displacement, flow, temperature, strain, miscellaneous.
(g) Limits, fits, tolerances and gauges
(h) Screw thread measurement
|13||Construction and functioning of various machines||(a) Pumps
(e) IC Engines
(f) Purifiers and separators
(g) Hydraulic machinery and lifting equipment etc
|14||Refrigeration and Air-conditioning||(a) Basics of refrigeration
(b) Refrigeration cycles
Components of a refrigeration system
Junior Commercial Assistant:
- Office procedures, office correspondence,
- Record keeping and maintenance of files, Act and Regulations,
- Use and application of computer in office, Data entry, computer network, computer devices, operating systems, Windows, MS Word, MS Excel,
- Computer maintenance,
- Office stationery, paperless office,
- Duties and responsibilities of Commercial Assistants,
- Communicative English,
- Business Communication,
- Desktop Publishing,
- Data storage,
- Cyber security
Cochin Shipyard Limited Supervisor Syllabus:
Syllabus for General (Part A) is same as Workmen General (Part A) Syllabus. So, kindly refer the syllabus.
Syllabus – Discipline related (Part B):
- Organizational Skills: Role of a supervisor, Manpower management & resource planning, work force motivation, Grievance handling at shop floor level, Code of Conduct & Discipline – Importance of time keeping & productivity and basic knowledge of computer applications.
- Principles of Organization : Principles of organization; authority; responsibility; accountability; delegation; span of control; centralization; unity of command.
- Motivation : Meaning of motivation; understanding human behavior; factors of motivation; levels of motivation; methods of motivating people; brief on motivation theories.
- Communication: Purpose of communication; communication process; methods of communication written, oral, audio — visual; report writing; channels of communication namely formal and informal; art of giving instructions; barriers of communication; guidelines for effective.
- H8E & IM8: Awareness on Industrial safety & PPEs, Importance of housekeeping, Knowledge of IMS, Quality Standards, 5 S, management of industrial hazardous wastes.
In addition to this, candidate must be familiar with the MS- Office like, Excel, Word and etc.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
What is the exam date of Workmen Posts of CSL?
The examination date of Workmen Posts in CSL will be announced soon.
What is the total number of vacancy allotted for Workmen Posts in CSL?
There are 07 vacancies allotted for Workmen Posts in CSL.
How to download the syllabus PDF?
Candidates can use the direct link provided above to download the syllabus.