CUSAT Admission 2020 Notification Released for various courses. Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) were initially constituted as University of Cochin through an Act of the Government of Kerala on 10th July 1971. The University of Cochin was reconstituted as Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) in February 1986, redefining its objectives as “the promotion of Graduate and Post-Graduate studies and Advanced Research in Applied Sciences, Technology, Industry, Commerce, Management and Social Sciences”.
All the Academic Programmes of CUSAT are approved by UGC/AICTE. With the active support of the Government of Kerala and various Central agencies as well as through international collaborations, the University is poised to scale new heights in the years to come. The research activities are supported and funded by the Central Government agencies like UGC, DST, DBT, MHRD etc. as well as by various international research partners through various MoUs.
CUSAT Admission 2020
Name of the Board
|Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT)|
27 July 2020 & 28 July 2020
Minimum qualifications required for above B Tech Programmes:
- Pass in Plus Two Examination of the State of Kerala or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optional subjects securing a separate minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
- Candidates belonging to Kerala Scheduled Caste (KSC) and Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) communities are eligible for applying, if they have minimum pass marks in the qualifying examination.
- SEBC candidates of Kerala State belonging to non-creamy layer category are eligible for 5% relaxation in the minimum required marks for the qualifying examination.
Age Limit & Documents to be produced by Sponsored Candidates:
Sponsorship certificate from relevant authority in original should be produced at the time of DAT/Interview/ counselling/admission. The maximum age limit for “Sponsored Candidates” is 45 years as on 1st September of the year of admission except for M Sc Electronic Science for which the maximum age limit is 30 years and for MCA and all M Tech programmes the maximum age limit is 40 years as on 1st August of the year of admission.
Selection of candidates:
Selection of candidates will be based on the rank list prepared by giving due weight age to qualifying diploma marks (50%), admission test conducted by the department (40%), and number of years of experience after obtaining the diploma ( weight age at the rate of 1% per year of experience subject to a maximum of 10%).
- For various categories of seats / applicants are listed below:
- For candidates opting for State Merit/All India Quota seats (other than NRI/International/PIO/Children of Indian Gulf Workers):- Rs. 1,100/- (Rupees One Thousand and One Hundred only) (Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) for Kerala SC/Kerala ST candidates)
- For seats reserved for International Candidates/PIO:- US$ 100 (One Hundred US Dollars only)
- For candidates belonging to Children of Indian Gulf Workers (CGW) category – Rs. 6100/- (Rupees Six Thousand and One Hundred only). In case of CGW candidates belonging to KSC/KST fees is Rs. 5500/-
- For candidates (except CGW candidates) opting for NRI Seats (as per clause 1.1.8):- additional Rs. 5,000/- (Rupees Five Thousand only) in addition to the fees specified under clause
- CGW candidates who wish to apply under NRI category need not pay any additional amount.
- For all category of Candidates opting for Dubai as Test Centre:-Additional fee of Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand only) over and above their respective Application Fee as per Clauses
- In case there is no sufficient number of candidates in this Centre, the Centre will be cancelled.
- For PhD and M Phil Programmes: Rs. 1,100/- (Rupees One Thousand and One Hundred only) (Rs. 500/-(Rupees Five Hundred only) for Kerala SC/ST Candidates) to be remitted by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of The Registrar, CUSAT payable at Ernakulam and to be submitted to the respective Departments/Schools where the candidate intend to apply for M Phil / PhD Programme to obtain the Application Forms.
- For Postdoctoral Fellowships, Diploma and Certificate Programmes: Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) (Rs. 50/-(Rupees Fifty only) for Kerala SC/ST Candidates) to be remitted by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, CUSAT payable at Ernakuulam and to be submitted to the respective Departments/Schools where the candidate intend to apply for the Programme to obtain the Application Forms.
How to Apply On-line (Not for International Candidates):
Admission Website https://admissions.cusat.ac.in/ (For admissions to M Phil/PhD/PDF/Diploma/Certificate programmes in CUSAT, candidates should not apply online through this portal. The application for these courses will be available from the Departments concerned.) Online Registration for Academic Admission 2020-21 is a multi-step process. Before starting online registration read CAT – 2020 prospectus carefully.
STEP 1 – Registration
STEP 2 – Personal Details and Reservation
STEP 3 – Photo and Signature
STEP 4 – Course Selection
STEP 5 – Short Preview
STEP 6 – Payment
STEP 7 – Centre selection
In the case of MBA and M Tech applicants, there will not be any separate Common Admission Test by CUSAT. After Centre Selection a final preview will be displayed and the candidate can go to his / her home page. Then wait for confirmation from the University. It may take at least two working days. After the approval candidate can download the confirmation page from the candidate home page. The status of candidate’s application can be viewed from the candidate home page. Take a print out of the confirmation page and keep in custody for future requirements. Please note that no documents to be sent to the University unless requested from the University.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|