Daily Current Affairs of 13 March 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 13 March PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB and Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
Salt Satyagraha (Dandi March) March 12:
Indian independence leader Mohandas Gandhi begins a defiant march to the sea in protest of the British monopoly on salt. Britain’s Salt Acts prohibited Indians from collecting or selling salt, a staple in the Indian diet. Gandhi set out from Sabarmati with 78 followers on a 241-mile march to the coastal town of Dandi on the Arabian Sea.
- In March12, this day Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off a symbolic 386-kilometre ‘Dandi March’ from Ahmedabad, which will culminate on April 6 at Dandi in Navsari district.
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
“Mera Ration” mobile app has been launched:
Indian government has launched ‘Mera Ration’ mobile app, in order to facilitate the ‘One Nation-One Ration Card’ system in the country. This app aims to benefit citizens in identifying the nearest fair price shop.
- This app will benefit especially those ration card holders who move to new areas for livelihoods.
- ONORC scheme is being implemented by the Department for the nation-wide portability of ration cards under National Food Security Act (NFSA).
Govt is developing “Atmanirbhar Niveshak Mitra” Portal:
Ministry of commerce and industry announced that the government is in the process of developing a portal for hand-holding, information dissemination and facilitation of domestic investors. The portal named as “Atmanirbhar Niveshak Mitra” and it will come for the use by May 15.
- The webpage will also be available in regional languages and mobile App in due course. This project is being carried out by ‘Invest India’.
Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav:
Prime Minister has launched Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav after that a special gathering held at Sabarmati Gandhi Ashram. Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav marks the beginning of the celebrations of 75th anniversary of India’s Independence.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also launched a special website for Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav in connection with the 75 years celebration of Indian Independence.
- Prime Minister Modi also launched Atmanirbhar Incubator to boost the Atmanirbhar Bharat.
BRICS CGETI Heads Meet:
BRICS Contact Group on Economic and Trade Issues (CGETI) leads held their first meeting under India’s Chairmanship from 9-11 March 2021. The theme of BRICS this year is -“BRICS@15: Intra BRICS Cooperation for Continuity, Consolidation, and Consensus”.
- The BRICS officers tasked with CGETI would continue the work for the 27th official level CGETI meeting, scheduled to be held in June 2021.
- Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
First Quad Leaders’ Summit:
First Quad Leaders’ Summit held on 12 March, 2021 in virtual mode. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of Australia, Scott Morrison, Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga and US President Joseph R Biden has participated in this event.
- JAPAN and
North Chennai Thermal Power Station (NCTPS) has been Started at TN:
800 megawatt North Chennai Thermal Power Station (NCTPS) has been started by the Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL). The company is also executing Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation’s (TANGEDCO) 2×660 MW Ennore SEZ, 2×800 MW Uppur and 2×660 MW Udangudi.
- Capital: Chennai
- CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Uttarakhand Cabinet Expansion:
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat will expand his cabinet on March 12. These include 11 MLAs took oath as ministers. These include Bansidhar Bhagat, Satpal Maharaj, Harak Singh Rawat, Subodh Uniyal, Yashpal Arya, Dhan Singh Rawat, Bishan Singh Chufal, Arvind Pandey, Ganesh Joshi, Rekha Arya and Swami Yatishwaranand.
- Summer Capital – Garisain
- Winter Capital – Dehradun
- CM- Tirath Singh Rawat
- Governor- Baby Rani Maurya
Jammu and Kashmir Approved High-Density Plantation Scheme:
Jammu and Kashmir Administrative Council under the chairmanship of Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha has approved the implementation of high-density plantation scheme in the horticulture sector.
- The farmer-centric scheme will be implemented for apple, walnut, almond, cherry, litchi, and olive among others over an estimated area of 5500 hectares of suitable agro-climatic zones for 6 years with effect from March 2021 to March 2026.
- Under the scheme, preference will be given to farmers with landholdings of less than 4 kanal.
- Lieutenant Governor – Manoj Sinha
- Capital (Summer)- Srinagar
- Capital (Winter)- Jammu
Mithali Raj Becomes 1st Indian Batswoman to Cross 10,000 International Runs:
Indian captain Mithali Raj has become the first Indian batswoman to cross 10,000 international runs. Mithali achieved the feat with a boundary off Anne Bosch in the 28th over of India’s innings during the ongoing third ODI against South Africa.
- The leading run-scorer across all formats continues to be Charlotte Edwards from England with 10,273 runs in 309 games.
Kraig Brathwaite has named as Test captain of West Indies:
Opener Kraig Brathwaite was named the 37th Test captain of West Indies. He will replace all-rounder Jason Holder in the role. After West Indies team win against Bangladesh, the officials named Kraig Brathwaite as the full-time captain of the side in the longest format.
- Kraigg Brathwaite has previously captained the West Indies team 7 times in the absence of Jason Holder.
Inventor of Cassette Tape has passed away:
Lou Ottens, the Dutch inventor of the cassette tape has passed away at the age of 94 years. Philips Company where he also helped develops the compact disc.
- He is a structural engineer who trained at the prestigious Technical University in Delft, he joined Philips in 1952.
Shri Mohammed Ghouse Shukure Kamal Appointed as Additional Judge of the Karnataka High Court:
President of India has appointed Shri Mohammed Ghouse Shukure Kamal as an Additional Judge of the Karnataka High Court. Shri Mohammed Ghouse Shukure Kamal, has practiced for more than 23 years in Karnataka High Court and subordinate courts at Bengaluru.
- He practices in Civil, Criminal, Constitutional, Labour, Arbitration, Revenue and Waqf. Matters.