Union Shipping Ministry circulated Indian Ports Bill, 2020 for Public Consultation
Union Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways has circulated Indian Ports Bill, 2020 for Public Consultation with an aim to attract more investment in the maritime sector.
- This bill enables the structured growth and sustainable development of ports to attract investments in the port sector for optimum utilisation of the Indian coastline
- This bill will provide measures to facilitate conservation of ports.
PM Modi addresses International Bharati Festival 2020 through video conferencing
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed International Bharati Festival 2020 in an online via video conferencing. On the occasion PM has also conferred 2020 Bharathi Award to the popular writer Seeni Viswanathan.
- The festival was organised by Vanavil Cultural Centre in Chennai to celebrate the 138th birth anniversary of Mahakavi Subramanya Bharathi, an eminent writer, poet and journalist from Tamil Nadu.
India, Qatar to set up task force on energy investment task force on energy investment
India, Qatar will establish task force on energy investment to identify specific projects in India’s energy sector for investments from Qatar
- This decision was made by Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel, Dharmendra Pradhan and Saad Sherida Al-Kaabi
- The Task Force on Energy would be represented by Vice-President of Qatar Petroleum and a senior officer from the Petroleum Ministry.
Maharashtra to launch ‘MahaSharad’ Platform for PwBD People
Maharashtra State Government has launched “MahaSharad” platform for persons with benchmark disabilities. The aim of this platform is to provide various devices to persons with disabilities free of cost.
- The MahaSharad platform is also called as the “Maharashtra System for Health and Rehabilitation Assistance”.
- The scheme is being launched on the occasion of 80th birthday of NCP chief Sharad Pawar.
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
Summits & Conference
PM Narendra Modi addresses Global Climate Summit
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the Global Climate Summit on December 12, 2020.December 12 was celebrated as the fifth anniversary of the Paris Climate Agreement
- As per the Environment Ministry, the United States of America has 25 per cent of CO2 emissions, Europe has 22 per cent whereas China has 13 per cent and India only 3 per cent of emission.
About Paris Climate Agreement:
- The Paris Agreement is an agreement within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, dealing with greenhouse-gas-emissions mitigation, adaptation, and finance, signed in 2016
Union Jal Shakti Minister inaugurates 5th India Water Impact Summit
Union Minister of State for Jal Shakti, Ratan Lal Kataria has inagurated 5th India Water Impact Summit (IWIS). The Objective of this summit is to decrease water-related issues in the country.
- IWIS 2020 has been organised by the National Mission for Clean Ganga and the Centre for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies.
- Theme for this year is Arth Ganga : River Conservation Synchronised Development.
9th Sustainable Mountain Development Summit inaugurated in Dehradun
The Ninth edition of Sustainable Mountain Development Summit (SMDS) inaugurated in Dehradun along with the theme Emerging Pathways for Building a Resilient Post COVID-19 Mountain Economy, Adaptation, Innovation and Acceleration.
- This summit is organised by Indian Mountain Initiative. The first edition was organized in 2011 in Nainital.
- On this discussions were held on migration, water security, climate resilience and innovative solutions for the farm sector, and disaster risk reduction in the Indian Himalayas.
MoUs & Agreements
India and Uzbekistan inks 9 agreements to boost both countries strategic partnership
India and Uzbekistan have signed nine agreement to enhance their strategic partnership. The Agreements signed between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Uzbekistan President Shavkat Mirziyoye in a virtual summit
- India and Uzbekistan have agreed to work towards an early conclusion of Bilateral Investment Treaty to facilitate investment promotion and protection
- India approved to provide 448 million US dollar Line of Credit for four developmental projects in Uzbekistan road contructions
- Capital: Tashkent
- President: Shavkat Mirziyoyev
- Currency: Uzbekistani som
Awards & Recognitions
Brazilian mathematician Carolina Araujo wins Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians
Dr. Carolina Araujo, Brazilian mathematician won the Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians. She is the first non-Indian women mathematician won this prize.
- This award is given for her outstanding work in algebraic geometry.
- The prize is named after the mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan. It was founded in 2004, and was first awarded in 2005.
Bajrang Punia & Elavenil Valarivan named as FICCI 2020 Sportsperson of the Year awards
The Federation of Indian Commerce and Industry (FICCI) which is an association of business organisations in India announced Sportsperson of the Year awards. As per FICCI, Bajrang Punia & Elavenil Valarivan named as sports person of the year.
- Male Sportsperson of the Year award is won by Wrestler Bajrang Punia (wrestler)
- Female Sportsperson of the Year award is won by Elavenil Valarivan (Shooter)
|Best male para athlete award||Simran Sharma|
|Coach of the year award||Radhakrishnan Nair|
|Best male para-athlete award||Sundar Singh Gurjar|
|Lifetime achievement award||Manjusha Kanwar|
|Best Company Promoting Sports||Indian Airforce|
|Best Sports Journalist of the Year||Mona Parthsarthi|
|Best State Promoting Sports||Madhya Pradesh and Assam|
|Breakthrough Sports Person of the Year||Annu Rani|
ADB inaugurates dollar 9 billion Asia Pacific Vaccine Access Facility for Developing Countries
Asian Development Bank headquartered in Mandaluyong, Manila has launched Asia Pacific Vaccine Access Facility (APVAX) for dollar 9 billion to boost its developing member countries.
- APVAX will play a essential role in helping the developing members meet the challenges, to overcome the pandemic and to focus on economic recovery.
- This loan amount will give support to its developing members as they deliver and procure the safe and effective Coronavirus vaccines.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
- Founded: 19 December 1966
BSNL in collaboration with Skylo to launch world’s first, satellite-based narrowband-IoT network in India
BSNL has collaborated with Skylotech India to launch satellite-based Narrow Band-Internet of Things (NB- IoT).
- The solution is in line with BSNL’s leverages technology to provide affordable and innovative telecom services
- This new solution is indigenously developed by Skylo and it will connect with BSNLs satellite- ground infrastructure and provide PAN-India coverage, including Indian seas.
- CEO: Pravin Kumar Purwar
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Science & Technology
ISRO launches Communication Satellite CMS-01
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch the communication satellite CMS-01 on the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle PSLV-C50.
- The satellite provides the services in the Extended-C Band of the frequency spectrum.
- This mission is the 52nd mission of PSLV. It is also the 22nd flight of PSLV in ‘XL’ configuration having 6 strap-on motors.
- The communication satellite will be launched in Satish Dhawan Space Centre.
National energy conservation day is celebrated on December 14
National energy conservation day is celebrated every year by the people all over the India on 14th of December.
- The Energy Conservation Act in India was executed by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) in the year 2001.
To raise awareness among the general public about the importance of conservation and energy efficiency.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
You can read it from the examsdaily. We update current affairs daily date wise as well as monthly wise.
You have to cover following topics to learn GK:
Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Awards & Honors, Science, Indian & World History, Geography etc.
Read Current Affairs Regularly. Go through Previous year Papers, Practice Quizzes, Take Mock Test, Take important Notes and Note down and learn the syllabus of NTPC which is available in our blog.