Government’s Think Tank NITI Aayog unveils white paper “Vision 2035 – Public Health Surveillance in India”
NITI Aayog which is a policy think tank of the Government of India has released white paper “Vision 2035 – Public Health Surveillance in India”.
- The vision of this white paper is to make India’s public health surveillance system more responsive and predictive to enhance preparedness for action at all levels
- The white paper was released by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Dr Rajiv Kumar, Member (Health) Dr Vinod K Paul and CEO Amitabh Kant.
About NITI Aayog:
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
Health Ministry released Fifth National family health Survey
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare released the fifth National Family Health Survey. This survey contains detailed information on population, health and nutrition for India and its states and union territories.
- As per the survey, mortality rate of infants and those under 5 years has fallen in 18 states and union territories.
- Currently, the health ministry aims to establish 1.5 lakh such centres by December 2022.
FICCI’s 93rd Annual General Meeting inaugurated by PM Modi
Prime Miniter Narendra Modi inaugurated FICCI Annual Expo 2020 Virtually through video conferencing. It was organised by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- Theme for this year is – ‘Inspired India’
- The FICCI Annual Expo 2020 will provide an opportunity to exhibitors from all over the world to showcase their products and advance their business prospects.
Bombay Stock Exchange launches electronic spot platform BEAM
Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Limited has launched electronic spot platform BSE E-Agricultural Markets Ltd (BEAM).
- The objective of this platform is to enhance the competitiveness of the Indian agricultural market by enhancing the strength of the BSE in financial markets, market technology and its vibrant ecosystem.
- Location: Mumbai, India
- Founded: 9 July 1875
‘Swadhinata Sarak’ between India and Bangladesh to be inaugurated on March 26
India & Bangladesh, The Foreign Minister of Bangladesh, Dr. A K Abdul Momen has informed that ‘Swadhinata Sarak’ between Bangladesh and India will be opened on March 26, 2021.
- The Chilahati-Haldirbari rail link will also be inaugurated during the virtual summit between the Prime Ministers of India and Bangladesh on December 17. The Rail link was active till 1965
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
UNESCO announces 2021 as International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development
UNESCO was declared as the International Year of CREATIVE ECONOMY for Sustainable Development. This announcement was made at 74th session of the UN General Assembly.
- The main aim to declare 2021 as International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development is to raise awareness, promote cooperation and networking, enhance human resource capacity etc.
Reserve Bank of India to set up Automated Banknote Processing Centre in Jaipur, Rajasthan
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) which is central bank, responsible for the issue and supply of the Indian rupee will launch Automated Banknote Processing Centre in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
The functions of the ABPC will also include processing of banknotes received from currency chests (CCs) and bank branches and destruction of soiled banknotes in an automated manner
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
Awards & Honors
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib International Prize to be launched by UNESCO
UNESCO(The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) that is a specialised agency of the United Nations has going to launch Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib International Prize.
- The international award will create a knowledge-sharing mechanism by capturing, celebrating and communicating best practice in the development of creative entrepreneurship.
- Currently, there are 23 UNESCO International Awards in the name of international celebrities and organisations.
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Head: Audrey Azoulay
MoUs & Agreements
India and Austria signs MoU on Technology Cooperation
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has signed a MoU with the Federal Ministry of Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology of the Republic of Austria on Technology Cooperation in the Road Infrastructure Sector.
- The Main aims of this MoU is to promote long-standing bilateral relations and enhance trade and regional integration between the two countries.
Netherland car racer Max Verstappen wins 2020 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Red Bull Netherland car racer Max Verstappen won the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020.This was held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Mercedes-Finland Racer Valtteri Bottas won second position, followed by Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) who is secured third position.
ITF doubles won by India’s Ankita Raina and Georgia’s Ekaterine Gorgodze
Indian Tennis player Ankita Raina won her doubles title with her Georgian partner Ekaterine Gorgodze in Dubai. 2020 Al Habtoor Tennis Challenge is Ankita’s third Double Title win.
- Overall It was the fourth doubles final of the season for Ankita but the biggest trophy of the calender since her earlier two titles were at the USD 25,000 level.
Odisha to conduct 2023 FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup at Bhubaneswar and Rourkela
FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup will be conducted in Odisha on 2023.
- It will be held at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar and at the Biju Patnaik Hockey Stadium in Rourkela.
- The Men’s Hockey World Cup 2018 was also hosted by Odisha. The 2023 tournament will be 15th edition of the Men’s FIH Hockey World Cup.
Noted Marathi Music Composer Narendra Bhide passes away
Narendra Bhide, who had composed music for several Marathi films, died of a heart attack. He was 47.
- He also composed music for plays such as Kon Mhanta Takka dila, Makdachya Hati Champagne, Katkon Trikon etc.
- Narendra Bhide, who had composed music for several Marathi films. Bhide had composed music for several award winning Marathi films as well as TV shows
Sanskrit Scholar Vidyavachaspati Govindacharya Dies
Popular Sanskrit scholar Vidyavachaspati Bannanje Govindacharya has passed away. He was conferred with the Padma Shri in 2009.
- Govindacharya was widely known for his translation of and commentaries on the complete texts of Sri Madhvacharya. He had authored nearly 150 books and translated several texts from Sanskrit to Kannada.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
Around 15-20 Questions come out from the current affair sections
You can read it from the examsdaily. We update current affairs daily date wise as well as monthly wise.
You have to cover following topics to learn GK:
Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Awards & Honors, Science, Indian & World History, Geography etc.