Daily Current Affairs of 16 March 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 16 March PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB and Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
6th Mega Health Camp in Parliament:
6th Mega-Health camp in Parliament House Annexe for super-specialist consultations for Parliamentarians was inaugurated today by Shri Om Birla,Speaker of LokSabha. Special Health awareness camps are organised at the medical centre housed in the Parliament House Annexe from time to time. The campswere organized in the preceding years since 2004.
- Specialised Super Specialist consultations are being offered to members of parliament including Cardiology, Neurology, Endocrinology and Gastroenterology. Also additional Ayush services and nutritional services are offered
Government to set up Winter Sports Institute in Gulmarg:
Youth Affairs & Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju has announced that the government is working to set up a Winter Sports Institute in Gulmarg, Kashmir. The government has a specific roadmap to work towards promoting and training Kashmiri youth in all major sports domains.
- Lieutenant Governor – Manoj Sinha
- Capital (Summer)- Srinagar
- Capital (Winter)- Jammu
Bhavani Devi becomes first Indian fencer to qualify for Olympics:
Bhavani Devi became the first ever Indian fencer to qualify for the Olympics. She was qualify for the Olympics due to events in the ongoing Fencing World Cup.
- She is ranked 45th and occupies one of the two available slots based on the ranking.
- She belongs to Tamil Nadu and competes in the sabre category.
Virat Kohli becomes first cricketer to score 3,000 runs in T-20 International:
India skipper Virat Kohli has become the first-ever batsman to score 3,000 runs in T-20 International. Kohli achieved the milestone during the second T20-International against England.
- New Zealand’s Martin Guptill is second on the list of leading run-getters in T20I cricket, having scored 2,839 runs in 99 matches. India’s Rohit Sharma comes third in the list with 2,773 runs in 108 matches.
Gyanwant Singh has appointed as Director of Security in WB:
IPS officer Gyanwant Singh has been appointed West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s new Director of Security after the Election Commission issued a direction to the state Chief Secretary.
- Gyanwant Singh will be in the rank of Additional Director General of Police (ADGP). He was poll-bound West Bengal’s Additional Director of Security.
About West Bengal:
- Governor- Jagdeep Dhankhar
- CM- Mamata Banerjee
- Capital- Kolkata
Deepak Mishra has been announced as next Director and Chief Executive of ICRIER:
World Bank economist Deepak Mishra has been appointed as the next Director and Chief Executive of leading think-tank Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER).
- He is a Practice Manager in the World Bank’s macroeconomics, trade and investment global practice responsible for East Asia and Pacific region.
Martand Shardul appointed as its first policy director:
The Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) India has hired Martand Shardul as its first policy director. Shardul (pictured) was previously a Fellow at The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), where he steered the implementation of clean energy projects in India.
- GWEC – Chief executive Ben Backwell.
Praveen Jonnalgadda has appointed as CIO of Fortune 250, USA:
Praveen Jonnalgadda has been promoted as Chief Information Officer (CIO) at Commscope, a Fortune 250 company in the USA. Mr. Praveen was an active member of the Telangana Development Forum in the USA that played a key role during the Telangana statehood movement.
Qatar Open 2021:
Qatar Open 2021 has held in Doha from March 8-13. The complete list of winners and runners is provided below.
|Men’s Doubles||AndreyRublev, AslanKaratsev||MarcusDaniell, PhilippOswald|
|Women’s Doubles||NicoleMelichar, DemiSchuurs||MonicaNiculescu, JeļenaOstapenko|
|Men’s Single||NikolozBasilashvili||Roberto Bautista Agut|
|Women’s Single||Petra Kvitová||Garbiñe Muguruza
63rd Grammy Awards:
United States by the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences has announced the 63rd Grammy Awards for the year 2021. This award ceremony was held in Los Angeles Convention Center. Some highlights of these awards are provided below.
- Record of the year won by Everything I Wanted by Billie Eilish
- Album of the year was won by “Folklore” by Taylor Swift. Taylor Swift first woman to win ‘album of the year’ 3 times, Beyonce becomes most-awarded female artiste
- Song of the year award won by “I Can’t Breathe” by Dernst Emile II, H.E.R. and Tiara Thomas.
Candidates can check complete winners list by using the link provided below.
12th World Branding Awards Won by Milton:
Milton won the prestigious “Brand of the Year” award at the World Branding Awards 2020-2021 in the houseware products category. Milton is a leading manufacturer and marketer of houseware products in India and across the world. Milton has been felicitated with this prestigious title a second time in a row.
- The international award forum recognised and celebrated selected brands for their work and achievements, nominated by over 250,000 consumers across the globe.
Kathakali maestro Chemancheri Kunhiraman Nair has Passed Away:
Veteran Kathakali exponent Guru Chemancheri Kunhiraman Nair died at his residence at nearby Cheliya. He has passed away at his 105 age.
- He had been honoured with the Padma Shree in 2017 in recognition of his glorious contribution to the art form.
Bank credit grows by 6.63%:
According to RBI data, the Bank credit has risen by 6.63 percent to 107.75 lakh crore rupees and deposits grew by 12.06 percent to 149.34 lakh crore rupees in the fortnight ended February 26.
- According to analysts, the growth in bank credit is driven by an increase in retail loans.
- Headquarters- Mumbai
- Governor- Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors:
- Rajeshwar Rao,
- M. D. Patra,
- K. Jain,
- P. Kanungo
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|