Border Security Force organizes Para-Cycling expedition ‘Infinity Ride 2020’
The Border Security Force (BSF) organized Para-Cycling expedition “Infinity Ride 2020″. This is a part of national campaign to psychologically empower BSF’s operational amputees and other Person with Disabilities.
- The BSF conducted this ride in partnership with Aditya Mehta Foundation.
- This expedition started from Srinagar today and will end at Southern tip of India at Kanyakumari Tamil Nadu on 31st December this year.
Union Food Processing Ministry unveils GIS One District One Product digital map
Union Ministry for Food Processing and Industries has launched GIS One District One Product digital map of India. The map gives detailed information about ODOP products to all stakeholders.
- The GIS ODOP digital map of India provides details of ODOP products of all the states and facilitates the stakeholders.
About Union Food Processing Ministry:
- Union Minister: Narendra Singh Tomar
- Minister of State: Rameswar Teli
33rd Stop TB Partnership Board Meet – Addressed by Union Minister Harsh Vardhan
Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare addressed 33rd Stop TB Partnership Board Meet Virtually through video conferencing.
- Currently India is promoting the “TB Harega, Desh Jeetega” campaign which aims to achieve the Sustainable Development Goal target related to TB by 2025.
About Union Health Ministry:
- Union Minister: Harsh Vardhan
- Minister of State: Ashwini Kumar Choubey
UN releases 100 million dollars to seven countries in Africa and the Middle East
United Nations released 100 million dollars to seven countries at risk of famine in Africa and the Middle East.
- Out of 100 million dollars 80 million dollars is allocated for Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Congo, Nigeria, South Sudan and Yemen. And 20 million has been allocated to fight hunger in Ethiopia
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Secretary General: António Guterres
WEF selects four Indian Cities to develop roadmap for Smart Cities
World Economic Forum (WEF) has selected four Indian Cities for developing roadmap for Smart Cities. These smart cities are being developed under the G20 Global Smart Cities Alliance. There are totally 36 cities were selected all over the world.
- The other cities selected under the programme are Toronto, London, Moscow, Brasilia, Dubai, Melbourne, etc.
The Four Indian cities are:
Best State Award won by Assam in fisheries sector, Odisha secured award in marine category
Assam State Government has won four awards in fisheries sector from the National Fisheries Development Board operating under the Ministry of Fisheries.
- The Nagaon district of Assam was selected the best hilly and North Eastern district category
- Odisha bagged the best state in marine state category and Uttar Pradesh won the best state award in Inland State category
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
Cabinet gives approval for the creation of Vijayanagara as the 31st district of Karnataka
The Karnataka cabinet gave approval for setting up Vijayanagara as the Karnataka’s 31st district. The State Cabinet meeting was chaired by Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa.
- This Vijayanagara district will boost development as many rural areas are over 100 km away from the district headquarters Ballari.
- The plan for a new Vijayanagar district was first officially discussed by Yediyurappa himself in September 2019.
PM Narendra Modi initiates Bengaluru Tech Summit
Prime Minister of India shri Narendra Modi inaugurated Tech Summit in Bengaluru virtually through video conferencing.
- This summit is organized by Karnataka State Government. The summit was also attended by the Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison.
- The theme of this year’s summit is “Next is Now”
- Chief Minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
Moody’s forecasted India’s GDP at -10.6% for Fiscal Year 21
Rating Agency Moody’s has forecasted India’s GDP at -10.6%. For next fiscal 2021-22, Moody’s projected India to grow at 10.8 percent.
- Earlier the agency has predicted FY21 GDP at11.5 percent in September 2020.
- Founder: John Moody
- Founded: 1909
MoUs & Agreements
India and New Development Bank sign agreement worth 500 million USD
India and New Development Bank also known as BRICS Development Bank have signed 500 million USD agreement.
- The NDB will provide funds to launch Delhi- Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System project.
- The funds will be facilitated to give reliable, fast, safe and comfortable public transport system in the region.
- Headquarters location: Shanghai, China
- Founder: BRICS
- Founded: 15 July 2014
Rankings & Reports
TRACE Bribery Risk Matrix – India Ranked at 77
India secured 77th Spot on the TRACE Bribery Risk Matrix. The List topped by Denmark followed by Norway, Finland, Sweden and New Zealand. India secures the position with a score of 45 in the global list.
- The bottom most ranks were occupied by North Korea, Turkmenistan, South Sudan, Venezuela, Eritrea.
- In the Index, when a nation gets highest score, it means that the nation is at higher risk of business bribery.
Science & Technology
ISRO receives Booster Segment for Gaganyaan Launch Vehicle to ISRO from L&T
ISRO has received the first hardware named the booster segment for Gaganyaan Mission from L&T.
- The booster segment was produced at L&T’s Powai Aerospace Manufacturing Facility, in Mumbai.
- The booster was flagged off by ISRO Director K.Sivan and L&T Director Jayant Patil.
About Gaganyaan mission:
- The Gaganyaan mission aims to send a three-member crew to space for a period of five to seven days by 2022
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
Indian Cricketer Sudeep Tyagi announces retirement
Sudeep Tyagi announced retirement from all forms of cricket. He had played for the Indian national cricket team in four ODIs as a fast bowler.
- He also represented in India in one T20 match. He played in IPL as bowler for Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH).
Ex Goa Governor Mridula Sinha Dies
Former Goa Governor Mridula Sinha Passed away. She served as a governor of Goa from August 2014 to October 2019.
- Sinha was also a former head of the BJP’s woman wing and remained its executive member for long before being appointed Goa governor in 2014.
World Children’s Day celebrated on November 20
World Children’s Day is celebrated annually on November 20 to promote children’s rights and awareness among children. This day is also known as Universal Children’s Day.
- This day was first established in 1954 by UNICEF which is also known as the United Nations Children’s Fund.
- This day also promotes the ideals and objectives of the UN Charter and the welfare of the children of the world.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
What’s the difference between news and current affairs?
Current affairs is a genre of broadcast journalism. This differs from regular news broadcasts which place highlights on news reports
How can I remember GK and current affairs easily?
Always be on track. Never miss reading current affairs more than 2 weeks.
Always discuss current affairs with other aspirants.
Take Quiz to revise topics that you already covered
How can I study current affairs for competitive exams?
Follow our examsdaily site and stay updated and make a note of all the important issues happening internationally and nationally as you might need to re – read them