Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched the Seismic Survey Campaign
Union Minister for Petroleum, shri Dharmendra Pradhan has launched the Seismic Survey Campaign that is launched by Oil India Limited.
- The survey under the Open Acreage Licensing Policy, OALP, will be undertaken in 5 blocks of 8 districts of Odisha in the Mahanadi basin and nearby areas.
About Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry:
- Union Minister: Dharmendra Pradhan
Union Health Minister launches National Newborn Week 2020 from 15th to 21st November
Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare launched National Newborn Week 2020 15th to 21st November from 15th to 21st November.
- The minister inaugurated this week with an aim to give awareness about the importance of newborn health as a key priority area of the health sector
- The theme of National Newborn Week 2020 is ‘Quality, Equity, Dignity for every newborn at every health facility and everywhere.
Indian Government provides Rs 3,971 Crores for Micro-Irrigation Projects
Indian Government has sanctioned a loan worth Rs 3,971 crores of rupees for micro irrigation projects in the state Tamil Nadu.
- This micro irrigation fund was created with National bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD). This fund will be used only to boost micro irrigation projects.
- Under the micro irrigation funds, financial assistance has also been extended to Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana.
RuPay Card Phase II launched to allow Bhutan citizens to access RuPay network in India
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and PM of Bhitan Lotay Tshering have unveiled teh RuPay card Phase II.
- This will allow Bhutan citizens to access RuPay network in India. Earlier The phase I was launched in August 2019.
- Previously Phase I of Rupay cards enabled visitors from India to access Point of Sale terminals and ATM terminals across Bhutan.
- Capital: Thimphu
- Prime minister: Lotay Tshering
Maha Awas Yojana launched in Maharashtra to build 8.82 lakhs of rural houses in 100 days
Chief Minister of Maharashtra Uddav Thackeray launched “Maha Awas Yojana” to construct 8.82 lakhs of rural houses in 100 days. This was launched under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- The cost of the project has been estimated as Rs 4,000 crores.
- The main aim of this Yojana is to help rural people Below the Poverty Line in construction of dwelling units.
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Capital: Mumbai
Summit & Conference
PM Modi attends 15th G20 Summit Virtually through Video Conferencing
Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi attended 15th G20 Summit in an online mode. The summit is the second G20 Leaders’ meeting this year.
- The focus of the G20 Summit was an inclusive, resilient, and sustainable recovery from the COVID-19.
- The theme of this summit is “Realising the Opportunities of the 21st Century for All”
The G20 (or Group of Twenty) is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and the European Union (EU).
MoUs & Agreements
GoI and World Bank sign Loan Agreement worth dollar 120 million for Meghalaya Integrated Transport Project
Indian Government and World Bank signed Loan Agreement worth dollar 120 million to improve and modernise the transport sector of state of Meghalaya.
- The project will improve about 300 km of roads segments and stand-alone bridges by using innovative, climate resilient, and nature-based solutions.
- This 120 million dollar loan agreement from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) has a maturity of 14 years including a grace period of 6 years.
About World Bank:
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- President: David Malpass
Booker prize 2020 won by Scottish writer Douglas Stuart
Scottish writer Douglas Stuart won Booker prize 2020 for his novel named Shuggie Bain.The novel described a boy growing up in Glasgow in the 1980s with a mother battling addiction.
- The Booker Prize is considered one of the leading prizes for literary fiction written in English. The Prize established on 1969.
- Margaret Atwood and Bernardine Evaristo have been named the joint winners of the 2019 Booker Prize after the judges broke their rules by declaring a tie.
LIC of India launches New Business digital application ANANDA
Life Insurance Corporation(LIC) has launched New Business digital application named ANANDA.
- This application will enable an agent to complete a policy even without physically meeting the customer.
- The main aim of launching this application is to facilitate the process of proposal completion which is totally paperless and completely digital.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: M R Kumar
Karnataka Bank launches CASA campaign to deliver digitally powered account products to its customers
Karnataka Bank has today launched CASA campaign which is a nationwide savings and current account mobilization campaign starting from 17th November, 2020 to 04th March 2021.
- Under this campaign the bank intends to introduce its attractive and superior line of digitally powered savings and current account products to its customers.
About Karnataka Bank:
- Headquarters: Mangaluru(Mangalore), Karnataka.
- MD & CEO: Mahabaleshwara M.S.
Books & Authors
Book titled The Republican Ethic Volume III’ and ‘Loktantra Ke Swar’ released by Defence Minister
Union Defence Minister launched two books titled ‘The Republican Ethic Volume III’ and ‘Loktantra Ke Swar’.
- These books are collection of selected speeches of President Ram Nath Kovind during the third year of his presidency.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar released the e-book versions of the two books.
30th India-Thai Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) held between both countries
Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy performed 30th India-Thai Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) from 18 to 20 November 2020.
- This exercise was being held since 2005 to enhance bilateral ties and maritime cooperation.
- Indigenously Built Missile Corvette ship Indian Naval Ship (INS) Karmuk, and hailand Ship (HTMS) Kraburi, a Chao Phraya Class Frigate were participated in the exercise.
ICC deferred 2022 women’s T-20 world cup to February 2023
The International Cricket Council which is the world governing body of cricket, has deferred the Women’s T20 World Cup by three months to February 2023.
- In August this year, the ICC had postponed the 50 over Women’s World Cup slated in New Zealand from 2021 to 2022 due to the COVID-19 situation.
- CEO: Manu Sawhney
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
World Fisheries Day is celebrated on 21 November
Every year World Fisheries Day is celebrated on 21 November to raise awareness about the healthy oceans ecosystems.
- This day also ensure sustainable stocks of fisheries in the world
- The 2020 year Theme is Social Responsibility in the fisheries value chain
World Television Day 2020 – November 21
World Television Day is celebrated on November 21 annually to highlight the impact of television.
- The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 21 November as World Television Day in December 1996.
- Television was invented in 1924 by John Logie Baird. The first World Television Forum was held by the United Nations on 21 and 22 November 1996.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
Which months current affairs is best for UPSC?
You can focus on the last 1 year current affairs for UPSC
What’s the difference between news and current affairs?
Current affairs is a genre of broadcast journalism. This differs from regular news broadcasts which place highlights on news reports
Always be on track. Never miss reading current affairs more than 2 weeks.
Always discuss current affairs with other aspirants.
Take Quiz to revise topics that you already covered