Union Minister launches international version of UMANG App in 9 countries
Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, shri Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched the UMANG’s international version in coordination with Ministry of External Affairs for select countries that include USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, Netherlands, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
- The Union Minister also launched an e-Book which presents major milestones of UMANG and major services available on UMANG App classified into various categories
- The UMANG app is a platform designed for Indians with an aim to offer them access to the pan India e-Gov services.
Cyclone Nivar: National Crisis Management Committee reviews preparedness of the states
National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) which is chaired by Union cabinet secretary, Rajiv Gauba to review the states’ preparedness for impending Cyclone ‘Nivar’.
- It is to hit the coastal areas of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry.
The committee was set up by Government of India in the wake of natural calamity. It gives instructions to the Crisis Management Group.
Union Education Minister inaugurates 46 online ATAL Faculty Development Programmes
Union Minister for Education Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated 46 online ATAL Faculty Development Programmes.
- The Aim is to train teachers of higher education institutions associated with All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) in thrust and emerging areas in technology.
- The development Programmes would be conducted in 22 states of India.
Martyrdom Day of Guru Tegh Bahadur observed across the country
Every year, November 24th is observed as the Martyrdom Day of Guru Tegh Bahadur, the ninth Guru of Sikhs.
- The day is also celebrated as Shaheedi Divas every year. He is called “Hind di Chaadar” with love and respect.
- He was born in Amritsar in 1621. He was also the youngest son of Guru Hargobind.
Union Agriculture Minister unveils Mega Food Park in Punjab
Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati, Narendra Singh Tomar Raj unveiled Mega Food Park (MFP) at Phagwara in Kapurthala district of Punjab virtually through video conferencing.
- This Mega Food Park is built at project cost of Rs 107.83 crores and spread over 55 acres of land.
- It is expected to benefit about 25000 farmers and likely to generate employment of about 5000 persons.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: V. P. Singh Badnore
- Chief Minister: Amarinder Singh
Country’s first moss garden inaugurated in Uttarakhand
India’s first Moss Garden has been unveiled at Khurpatal in Nainital district of Uttarakhand.The Garden is developed by the Uttarakhand forest department.
- This Garden is inaugurated with an aim to make the people aware of ecological and other useful roles of moss in our environment.
- Moss Garden, Khurpatal houses around 30 different species of moss and certain other bryophyte species.
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
- Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat
NABARD provides Rs 74.31 crore to develop Meghalaya roads
NABARD which is an apex development finance institution fully owned by Government of India, has provided Rs 74.31 crore to the Meghalaya Government under RIDF Tranche – XXVI.
- The Aim of this loan approval is to strengthen rural connectivity and rural infrastructure of Meghalaya.
- This loan amount will be utilized with 3 years towards construction of 6 new roads and improvement of 24 existing roads.
- Capital – Shillong
- Chief Minister – Conrad Kongkal Sangma
- Governor – Satya Pal Malik
Union Home Minister unveils mobile RT-PCR Lab in New Delhi
Union Minister for Home Affairs, Amit Shah unveiled a mobile RT-PCR (lab at the headquarters of ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) in New Delhi.
- The RT-PCR lab has been jointly developed by ICMR and SpiceHealth.
- The COVID-19 tests at mobile RT-PCR labs will be offered at Rs. 499 and the cost of the testing will be borne by the ICMR.
Pilibhit Tiger Reserve wins TX2 Global Award
The Pilibhit Tiger Reserve and the Uttar Pradesh Forest department received the international award called TX2.
- This award is given for the Pilibhit Tiger Reserve for doubling the number of tigers in four years. The reserve had 25 tigers in 2014. In 2018, it is increased up to 65.
- The tiger reserve became this award first to receive the award among the 13 tiger range countries.
India Test-Fired BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Indian Army has successfully test-fired BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The missile has been jointly developed by DRDO, India, and NPOM, Russia, through the joint venture BrahMos Aerospace.
- This cruise missile successfully hit its target, which was on another island.
About Indian Army:
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Commander-in-Chief: President Ram Nath Kovind
- Chief of Defence Staff (CDS): General Bipin Rawat
The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces received its ninth P-8I surveillance plane at its naval airbase in Goa.
- This is a part of the nearly $1 billion deal with the US for four additional planes signed in 2016.
- The P-8I aircraft is equipped for long-range anti-submarine warfare, anti-surface warfare, intelligence, surveillance.
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral Karambir Singh
- Deputy Chief of the Naval Staff (DCNS): Vice Admiral M. S. Pawar
- Founded: 26 January 1950
Ex Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Dies
Former Chief Minister of Assam Tarun Gogoi Passed Away. He was the longest serving chief minister of Assam. Gogoi was elected chief minister of Assam in 2001.
- Tarun Gogoi had served as the Chief Minister of Assam between 2001 and 2015. The state announces three-day state mourning over former CM death.
International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is celebrated on 25 November
Every year International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is celebrated on 25 November. This day is proclaimed by United Nations.
- The aim of this day is to raise awareness of the fact that women around the world are subject to rape, domestic violence and other forms of violence.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Secretary General: Antonio Guterres
Aviation Safety Awareness Week 2020 is observed from 23 to 27 November 2020
Airports Authority of India (AAI) started Aviation Safety Awareness Week 2020 from 23 to 27th November 2020.
- The main objective of this day is to raise awareness on Aviation Safety
- The week-long celebration is being observed at all airports and ANS locations managed by AAI across India.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
What’s the difference between news and current affairs?
Current affairs is a genre of broadcast journalism. This differs from regular news broadcasts which place highlights on news reports
Always be on track. Never miss reading current affairs more than 2 weeks.
Always discuss current affairs with other aspirants.
Take Quiz to revise topics that you already covered
Follow our examsdaily site and stay updated and make a note of all the important issues happening internationally and nationally as you might need to re – read them