Daily Important Current Affairs – 26th December 2020 Current Affairs
Central Government to implement Coal Import Monitoring System
Government of India will implement the Coal Import Monitoring System. This system acquires an automatic registration number to handle coal imports in the country.
- The government will implement a Coal Import Monitoring System (CIMS) from February 1.
- This will require coal importers to submit advance information in an online system for import and obtain an automatic registration number.
Union Minister Kiren Rijiju flags off 917 km rafting expedition ‘Brahmaputra Aamantran Abhiyaan’
Union Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju flagged off the 917 km long “Brahmaputra Aamantran Abhiyaan”, a river rafting expedition and public outreach programme in Arunachal Pradesh and Assam.
- The main aim of this expedition is to encourage the youths and students and also to popularise the concept of “living with the river”.
- The month-long expedition was organised by the Brahmaputra Board under the Jal Shakti Ministry.
India adds Tso Kar Wetland Complex in Ramsar site
India has added Tso Kar Wetland Complex in Ladakh as its 42nd Ramsar site, which is a second one in the Union Territory of Ladakh.
- The complex includes two connected lakes, the freshwater Startsapuk Tso and the larger hypersaline Tso Kar.
- This objective of the Ramsar lists is to develop and maintain an international network of wetlands which are important for the conservation of global biological diversity.
Union Road Transport Minister announces FASTag to be mandatory for vehicles from January 1
Union Minister for Road Transport, Highway shri Nitin Gadkari has announced that FASTag is being made mandatory for all vehicles in the country from new year. FASTag will be enforced from 1st of January, 2021
- FASTag is an electronic toll collection system in India, operated by the National Highway Authority of India.
- The FASTags were launched in the year 2016.
Union Cabinet approves 100% FDI in DTH broadcasting services sector
The Union Cabinet of India has approved revised guidelines for Direct-to-Home (DTH) broadcasting services and increasing the licence period to 20 years.
- The license fee has also been revised from 10 percent of gross revenue to 8 percent of adjusted gross revenue, which will be calculated by deduction of GST from GR.
UNICEF’s launches COVID-19 Vaccine Market Dashboard
The UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) has launched the COVID-19 Vaccine Market Dashboard This dashboard acts as a COVAX procurement coordinator and procurement agent.
- The dashboard will also provide regular updates on global research and development of COVID-19 vaccine.
- It will also act as a platform to learn about the efforts of the COVAX facility.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Head: Henrietta H. Fore
Assam Cabinet approves Assam Official Language Amendment Bill
The Assam State Cabinet has approved Assam Official Language Amendment Bill. This bill is passed for making Bodo (in Devanagari script) an associate official language of the state.
- The bill has been framed in accordance to the Bodo Peace Accord signed between the Government of India, Assam Government, four Bodo rebel groups and two Bodo organizations.
- The cabinet also approved setting up of the Bodo Kachari autonomous welfare council.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
Country’s largest hockey stadium to be established at Rourkela, Odisha
India’s largest hockey stadium will be set up in Rourkela, Odisha. This was announced by Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik.
- Rourkela shall co-host the 2023 World Cup with Bhubaneswar. This new stadium will be the biggest hockey stadium in the country
- The stadium will be constructed in the Biju Patnaik University of Technology campus, Rourkela.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik
Karnataka State Government launched “FRUITS” portal for farmers
The Government of Karnataka launches “FRUITS” (Farmer Registration and Unified Beneficiary Information System) Portal, a project of e-Governance Department.
- The important facility of this Portal is online creation of charge by which visit of farmers to Sub-Registrar Office is avoided
- All farmers will be registered and given an identification number on the portal. Farmers can get details about the Farm loans through this portal
- Chief Minister: B.S. Yediyurappa
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala.
RBI cancels license of Subhadra Local Area Bank, Kolhapur, Maharashtra
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) which is India’s central bank, responsible for the issue and supply of the Indian rupee cancelled the license of Subhadra Local Area Bank in Kolhapur.
- After this cancellation, now only two Local Area Banks operational in India, i,e.– Coastal Local Area Bank Ltd and Krishna Bhima Samruddhi LAB Ltd.
- The bank had breached the minimum net worth requirement for two quarters in the financial year 2019-20.
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Date founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Rankings & Reports
Rating Agency Ind-Ra forecast India’s GDP at -7.8 per cent
India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) which is India’s most respected credit rating agency has revised India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) rate for FY21 to -7.8 percent from -11.8 percent estimated earlier.
- Ind-Ra has also estimated the GDP to grow by 9.6% in 2021-22 (FY22).
- The agency also forecasted the fiscal deficit of the government at 7% of GDP in FY21
HDFC Bank secures top position in 100 BFSI Firms in India
According to the BFSI Movers and Shakers 2020 report, HDFC Bank is the top ranked company among the 100 Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) companies in India.
- ICICI Bank and State Bank of India (SBI) are ranked second and third, respectively.
The Top 5 Banks are:
- ICICI Bank
- Yes Bank
About HDFC Bank:
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994
Books & Authors
VP Venkaiah Naidu launches a book named ‘Oh Mizoram’
The Vice-President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu launched a book named ‘Oh Mizoram’ Virtually through online mode.
- The book ‘Oh Mizoram’ has been written by the Governor of Mizoram, P S Sreedharan Pillai. This is book is his 125th book
- This book was launched during an event organised at the India International Centre, New Delhi.
Noted Malayalam poet Sugathakumari Passes away
Popular Malayalam poet Sugathakumari Passed away. She was 86. In 2006, she won the Padma Shri award.
- She was the founder secretary of the Prakrithi Samrakshana Samithi, an organisation for the protection of nature. She was also the first chairperson of the Kerala State Women Commission.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
What’s the difference between news and current affairs?
Current affairs is a genre of broadcast journalism. This differs from regular news broadcasts which place highlights on news reports
How can I remember GK and current affairs easily?
Always be on track. Never miss reading current affairs more than 2 weeks.
Always discuss current affairs with other aspirants.
Take Quiz to revise topics that you already covered
How can I study current affairs for competitive exams?
Follow our examsdaily site and stay updated and make a note of all the important issues happening internationally and nationally as you might need to re – read them