Indian Railways unveils Digitized online Human Resource Management System
Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman & CEO, Railway Board has launched following modules of Human Resource Management System & User depot useful for railway employees and pensioners today via video conferencing.
- Employee Self Service (ESS) module enables railway employees to interact with various modules of HRMS including communication regarding change of data.
- It aims to improve efficiency and productivity of Railway system and a step to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
Union Cabinet gives nod to Amalgamation of Lakshmi Vilas Bank with DBS Bank India
The Union Cabinet has given its approval to the Scheme of Amalgamation of Lakshmi Vilas Bank Limited (LVB) with DBS Bank India Limited (DBIL).
- LVB had been under moratorium for a period of 30 days. As part of the amalgamation, DBIL will infuse fresh capital of Rs 2,500 crore into LVB.
- The cabinet gave its approval to protect depositors’ interest and in the interest of financial and banking stability of the country.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi chairs 33rd PRAGATI interaction
The 33rd PRAGATI interaction was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The aim interaction is to address the grievances of common people.
- During the interaction various projects, grievances and programmes of Ministry of Railways, MORTH, DPIIT and Power Ministry were reviewed.
- These projects cost worth rupees 1.41 lakh crore.
- Prime Minister has launched the multi-purpose and multi-modal governance platform PRAGATI on 25 March 2015.
Central Government launches National Portal for Transgender Persons
Union Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thaawar Chand Gehlot has launched a National Portal for Transgender Persons.
- The portal will help a transgender person to apply for a Certificate and Identity card digitally from any place in India.
- Through this portal the Transpersons can get their I-cards without any physical interface.
United Nations Grants USD 25 Million to Women-Led Projects
The United Nations (UN) which is an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and securityhave released 25 million dollars fund from the UN Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF).
- This will aid the women-led organisations working to fight against the gender-based violence.
- Out of this 25 million dollar, 17 million dollars have been allocated to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and 8million dollars have been given to UN Women.
- Headquarters: New York, US
- Founded: 24 October 1945, San Francisco, California, United States
- Secretary General: António Guterres
Himachal Pradesh State Government Launches ‘Him Suraksha Abhiyan’ for the People
Himachal Pradesh state government launched ‘Him Suraksha Abhiyan’ for the people regarding COVID19 pandemic situation.
- The State government launches this campaign to sensitize the people regarding Covid-19 pandemic.
- It also to collect information regarding symptoms of diseases like TB, Leprosy, sugar and blood pressure by door to door campaign throughout the State.
About Himachal Pradesh:
- Chief Minister: Jairam Thakur
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatraya
Uttar Pradesh Government approved the Ganga Expressway Project worth 36,000 crore
The Uttar Pradesh government has approved Ganga Expressway project. The expressway will join Hardwar and Prayagraj. This is one of the biggest expressways in India.
- Total length of the project is 594 kilometres. The project would cost rupees 36,402 crore.
- The project is estimated to be completed by 2024, the foundation stone could be laid by the state CM in June 2021.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
MoUs & Agreements
Cabinet approves MoU on cooperation in the field of Physical Culture and Sport among BRICS Countries
Union Cabinet has approved MoU on Cooperation in the field of Physical Culture and Sport signed among BRICS Countries.
- It will help in expanding knowledge and expertise in the area of sports science, sports medicine, coaching techniques etc
- This will improve performance of Indian sportspersons in international tournaments and strengthening of bilateral relations with BRICS member countries.
About BRICS Countries:
- South Africa
HDFC Banks inks MoU with ICCI to boost SMEs and Start-ups
HDFC Bank has signed a MoU with ICCI (Inventivepreneur Chamber of Commerce and Industries) to boost small and medium enterprises and start-ups.
- Under this MoU HDFC Bank will offer bank accounts to start-ups which are recommended by ICCI.
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- President: Ritika Yadav
About HDFC Bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
Greg Barclay becomes new Chairman of ICC
Greg Barclay has been appointed as a new independent Chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC). He is from New Zealand
- Barclay will be replacing Shashank Manohar who had stepped down from the post earlier in 2020.
- He has served as a director of NZC since 2012. He was a director of 2015 Men’s World Cup, held in Australia and New Zealand.
- CEO: Manu Sawhney
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
IPPB launches Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana for its customers
India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has initiated a low-cost insurance scheme named ‘Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)’ to its customers.
- IPPB has partnered with PNB MetLife India Insurance Company for this product.
- The aim of this Yojana is to provide protection and financial security to the poor people.
- Founded: 1 September 2018
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
Books & Authors
PM Modi launches book on the Life of Sri Guru Nanak Dev, Authored by Kirpal Singh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has released book on the life and ideals of Sri Guru Nanak Dev. The Book is authored by Kirpal Singh.
- Guru Nanak, also referred to as Baba Nanak, was the founder of Sikhism and is the first of the ten Sikh Gurus. He was the founder of Sikhism and is the first of the ten Sikh Gurus
Union Sports Ministry recognizes AII as National Sports Federation
Ministry of Sports Affairs has recognized Archery Association of India which is the national governing body of archery in India as a National Sports Federation (NSF).
- The ministry revoked its eight- year old sanction and restored recognition to Archery Association of India (AAI).
- The recognition will be valid for one year.
About Archery Association of India:
- President: Arjun Munda
- Founded: 8 August 1973
Sports Minister inagurates the second edition of Fit India School Week for children
Union Minister for Sports Affairs the second edition of ”Fit India School Week” program.
- The Fit India School week program was launched in November last year and saw participation from over 15,000 schools across the country.
- This event was conducted with an aim to encourage kids to inculcate in sports.
Popular Argentine footballer Diego Maradona Dies
Argentine footballer Diego Maradona has Passed Away. He died at the age of 60 due to heart attack.
- Maradona made his debut in the country’s top tier in 1976. He led Argentina to the 1986 World Cup and won league championships in Italy.
- Maradona also coached Racing Club, Dorados, Gimnasia and the Argentina national team.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
Where can I read current affairs?
You can read it from the examsdaily. We update current affairs daily date wise as well as monthly wise
You have to cover following topics to learn GK:
Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Awards & Honors, Science, Indian & World History, Geography etc.
Read Current Affairs Regularly. Go through Previous year Papers, Practice Quizzes, Take Mock Test, Take important Notes and Note down and learn the syllabus of NTPC which is available in our blog.