28th November 2020 Current Affairs
Films Division organizes ‘Lok Virasat’ festival from November 27 – 29
Films Division (FD) is conducting Lok Virasat, which is known as a festival of films on folk art and painting starting from November 27, 2020.
- The festival is being held between November 27 and 29, 2020 on FD website and You Tube channel.
- Films Division, as part of ‘art-outreach’ initiative, has been presenting select package of films on Indian art and heritage as curated online festivals during the last few months.
Union Agriculture Minister inaugurates Honey FPO Programme
Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched five Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs) for producing honey
- The inaugural function was hosted by the new Honey FPOs, farmers and FPOs from across the country.
- The Honey FPO Programme is of National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Limited (NAFED).
Mitigation and Management of Covid-19: Practices from India’s States and UTs’ released by NITI Aayog
NITI Aayog which is a policy think tank of the Government of India the released the Mitigation and Management of Covid-19: Practices from India’s States and UTs’.
- The report consist the information about various initiatives that has been implemented by states, districts and cities across India to contain and manage the Covid-19 pandemic.
- This report was released by NITI Ayog Member, Dr VK Paul, CEO Amitabh Kant and Additional Secretary Dr Rakesh Sarwal.
Union Shipping Ministry issues draft Merchant Shipping Bill
The Ministry of Shipping issued a draft of the Merchant Shipping Bill, 2020 for public consultation.
- The draft bill by the government aims to replace and revoke the Merchant Shipping Act of 1958.
- The bill improves the welfare of Indian seafarers on the abandoned vessels. It has also the provision of the safety of such vessels and also promotes the ease of doing business.
UAE emerges as the First Arab Gulf Country to Generate Electricity from Coal
The United Arab Emirates is to become the first Arab Gulf country to generate electricity from coal.
- To generate the electricity from coal, Dubai is starting up the $3.4 billion Hassyan coal plant.
- Hassyan coal-fired power plant is a 2.4GW ultra-supercritical (USC) power plant under construction in Saih Shuaib, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- It is the first coal-fired power project in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region.
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
Union Road Transport Minister Gadkari inaugurates Highway projects worth over Rs 7400 Cr in Uttar Pradesh
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways has inaugurated Highway in Uttar Pradesh.
- These highway projects cover a road length of 505 kilometers in total and the construction of these infra projects will cost around Rs 7500 crore.
- This will enhance better connectivity, convenience and economic growth in the state.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
West Bengal State Government Expands the ‘Swasthya Sathi’ Health Scheme from December 01
The State Government of West Bengal has expanded ‘Swasthya Sathi’ Health Scheme from December 01,2020. The scheme was expended by west Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee
- The scheme was officially launched by Banerjee in December 2016 and is a basic health cover for secondary and tertiary care up to Rupees five lakh per annum per family.
About West Bengal:
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Capital: Kolkata
Largest solar project set up at Leh Indian Air Force station, Ladakh
Largest solar power project has inaugurated in Leh IAF station, in the Union Territory of Ladakh under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- IAF station to provide sustainable energy alternative to fossil fuel and traditional methods of energy generation.
- The project worth Rs 122 crore was recently inaugurated by Air Marshal V R Chaudhari, Commander-in-chief, Western Air Command.
Summits & Conference
SCO Heads of Government Meet – India to host on November 30
India is to host SCO Heads of Government Meeting virtually on November 30 for the first time. The meeting would be held under the chairmanship of India.
- Discussions will be held on economic, trade, investment, capacity of production, connectivity, culture and people to people cooperation.
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Secretary General: Vladimir Norov
- Founded: 15 June 2001
Mercedes-Benz partnered with SBI to target HNI customers
Mercedes-Benz has partnered with State Bank of India (SBI) for High Net Worth Individual (HNI) customers.
- Under this partnership, The bank’s customers will enjoy exclusive benefits at the time of booking a Mercedes-Benz car.
- There is also an additional benefit of Rs 25,000 for customers booking a Mercedes-Benz vehicle via SBI Yono platform.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
MoUs & Agreements
MoU signed between India and Finland in the field of environmental protection and biodiversity conservation
India and Finland signed A memorandum of understanding (MoU) to develop cooperation between two countries in the field of Environment protection and biodiversity conservation.
- The MoU was signed between Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar and Finland Minister Krista Mikkonen
- This enhance Indian and Finnish partnership and support, exchange best practices in areas like prevention of Air and water pollution, Waste management etc.
- Currency: Euro
- Capital: Helsinki
- Prime minister: Sanna Marin
Fit India Mission 200 Kilometers walkathon organized in New Delhi
Union Minister for Sports Affairs has participated in Fit India Mission 200 Kilometers walkathon in New Delhi.
- This was organized by the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) in association with the Sports Ministry
- The march aimed at ‘Fit India’ movement and to promote fitness among people.
- Participants were awarded with special walkathon medals and certificates.
Former World Bank President, James Wolfensohn, Dies
Former World Bank President and Australian-American lawyer James Wolfensohn has passed away.
- He had also served as the ninth president of the World Bank Group from 1995 to 2005.
- He worked on Wall Street Journal for many years before taking over as the head of the World Bank. He launched the Heavily Indebted Poor Countries Initiative in 1996 with IMF.
Father of Indian IT industry FC Kohli Passes Away
Faqir Chand Kohli, Indian software industry doyen and the first CEO of Tata Consultancy Services has passed away. He is also known as Father of Indian IT industry. He was 96.
- He joined Tata Electric Co in 1951 to set up the country’s first load dispatch centre.
- He brought awareness on the importance of local language and hardware industry in India.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
Around 15-20 Questions come out from the current affair sections
You can focus on the last 1 year current affairs for UPSC
You have to cover following topics to learn GK:
Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Awards & Honors, Science, Indian & World History, Geography etc.