Indian Government launches India Climate Change Knowledge Portal
Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadeker launched India Climate Change Knowledge Portal Virtually.
- The main to launch this web portal is to distribute knowledge among the citizens of India.
- The portal will have all the major steps the Government is taking at both national and international levels to address the climate change issues.
FM Nirmala Sitharaman holds 5th review meeting on CAPEX of CPSEs
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has held fifth review meeting to review the capital expenditure (CAPEX) in this financial year.
- The Meeting was attended by Secretaries of the Ministries of Power, Mines and Department of Atomic Energy and the CMDs of 10 Central Public Sector Enterprises
- The Objective of this meeting is to accelerate the economic growth in the background of COVID – 19 pandemic
Indian Government launched Mission COVID Suraksha to assist COVID 19 vaccine candidates
The Indian Government has launched “Mission COVID Suraksha” to give a boost to the development process of around 5 to 6 Covid-19 vaccine candidates
- The objective of this mission is to provide an end-to-end process from preclinical trials to manufacturing for the supply of vaccines to the people.
- Earlier this month, the government had announced a package of Rs 900 crore for vaccines.
- The mission will ensure the proper availability of the vaccine to the people once they get approved.
Union Health Ministry celebrates 11th Indian Organ Donation Day
11th Indian Organ Donation Day was celebrated by Union Health Ministry on 27 November 2020. I was chaired by Health Minister, Harsh Vardhan.
- Every year November 27 is celebrated as National Organ Donation Day.
- Tamil Nadu has secured the top spot in organ donation in the country for the sixth consecutive year.
- Government launched National Organ Transplant Programme which aims to improve access to the life transforming transplantation for needy citizens of our country by promoting deceased organ donation.
19th meeting of SCO Council of Heads of Government chaired by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
Vice President of India shri Venkaiah Naidu chaired the 19th meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Council of Heads of Government.
- This meeting was hosted by India in virtual format on 30 November. It is the first time that a Summit-level Meeting was held under India’s Chairmanship.
- India has also hosted the meeting of SCO Ministers responsible for External Economy and Foreign Trade on 28th October and the meeting of SCO Ministers for Justice on 16th October in the video-conference format.
Shanghai emerges as the most connected city in the world
According to the International Air Transport Association, Shanghai becomes the world’s most connected city in the world.
- In addition to Shanghai, three other cities such as Beijing, Chengdu and Guangzhou have emerged as the most connected cities in the world.
- Earlier London was the most connected city in the world according to the International Air Transport Association. Now it secured 8th position
- President: Xi Jinping
- Capital: Beijing
- Currency: Renminbi
India to construct Shahtoot dam in Afghanistan
Indian is to build Shahtoot dam in Afghanistan. This announcement was made by The Union Minister of External Affairs Shri S Jaishankar at the Geneva Donors conference. The dam will be built in Kabul river basin
- The cost of the project has been estimated as 305 million USD.
- The dam will provide irrigation, drinking water for the Kabul province of the country.
- Capital: Kabul
- President: Ashraf Ghani
- Currency: Afghan afghani
Russia test-fired Tsirkon hypersonic missile in the Arctic
Russia has successfully test-fired Tsirkon hypersonic cruise missile in the Arctic. This was confirmed by Russia’s Defence Ministry.
The frigate Admiral Gorshkov in the White Sea fired a Tsirkon hypersonic cruise missile, hitting a naval target 450 km away in the Barents Sea at a speed of over Mach 8.
- Capital: Moscow
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Currency: Russian ruble
Bengaluru’s Bowring medical college renamed as Atal Bihari Vajpayee
The Bowring and Lady Curzon Medical College and Research Institute which is situated in Bengalury have been renamed as former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
This is state-run medical college which was opened in 2018-19.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee was an Indian statesman who served three terms as the Prime Minister of India. He was a member of the Indian Parliament for over five decades, having been elected ten times to the Lok Sabha, and twice to the Rajya Sabha.
Ranking & Ratings
India’s economy contracts 7.5% in Sept quarter as per NSO Data
As per Data released by the National Statistical Office (NSO), India’s second quarter Gross Domestic Product (GDP) contracted by 7.5% as compared to a massive 23.9% in the first quarter of the current fiscal. The July-September 2019 quarter had a GDP growth of 4.4 per cent.
- The National Statistical Organisation consists of Central Statistics Office (CSO), and the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO).
- The NSO would be headed by the Secretary, Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
Acquisition and Mergers
Insurance Regulatory IRDA I gives its approval for Bharti AXA-ICICI Lombard deal
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) gave in-principle approval for the merger of Bharti AXA General with ICICI Lombard.
- Currently, Bharti Enterprises owns 51 percent in Bharti AXA General. The firm has joint venture with French firm AXA which owns 49 percent stake.
- With the deal with ICICI Lombard, Bharti and AXA will be public shareholders in the combined entity.
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
Lt Gen Harpal Singh designated as new Engineer-in-Chief of Indian Army
Lieutenant General Harpal Singh has been designated as the new Engineer-in-Chief of Indian Army. He has also been the Chief Engineer of Project Dantak (BRO) at Bhutan
- He is presently the Director-General of Border Roads Organisation. Major Gen Rajeev Chaudhary has been appointed as the new Director-General of the BRO.
About Indian Army:
- Founded: 1 April 1895
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Commander-in-Chief: President Ram Nath Kovind
Indian Army launches cycling expedition in Gujarat & Rajasthan to mark 1971 Indo-Pak war win
Konark Corps of Indian Army has launched a 1971 kilometres cycling expedition in Gujarat and Rajasthan
- The Army launched this cycling expedition to mark the victory over the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war. Golden Jubilee Victory Celebrations were taken place on that expedition this year.
- 1971 Kilometers ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh Cyclothon’ across Gujarat & Rajasthan has been joined by the various army formation relay teams.
Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare – November 30
Every year The Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare is observed on November 30 to pay tribute to the victims of chemical warfare
- This day also aims to the elimination of the threat of chemical weapons, thereby promoting the goals of peace, security, and multilateralism.
- This day is proclaimed by Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
Read Current Affairs Regularly. Go through Previous year Papers, Practice Quizzes, Take Mock Test, Take important Notes and Note down and learn the syllabus of NTPC which is available in our blog.
You have to study at least 6 months current affairs
You have to study Last 6 months Current Affairs