Central Government launches QRMP scheme for GST payers with annual turnover up to Rs 5 crores
The Central Government has launched ‘Quarterly Return filing & Monthly Payment of Taxes (QRMP)’ scheme for small taxpayers under GST system.
- Taxpayers with aggregate annual turnover of up to Rs 5 crore and Taxpayers who have filed their October GSTR-3B (sales) return by November 30, 2020 are eligible for this scheme.
- Chairman: M. Ajit Kumar
- Founded: 1 January 1964
Singapore to host World Economic Forum in 2021
The World Economic Forum (WEF 2021) to be hosted by Singapore. The WEF is an annual gathering of political and business leaders from across the world.
- Earlier the forum is palnned to be hald at Davos in Switzerland in May 2021 because of COVID-19 pandemic the forum the venue of the forum is changed
- This is the second time since 1971 the event will be hosted outside Davos. The event is usually organised in January.
Gwalior &Orchha of Madhya Pradesh included in UNESCO World Heritage City list
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has included Gwalior &Orchha cities of Madhya Pradesh into UNESCO World Heritage City list
- Orchha is located in the Bundelkhand region of Madhya Pradesh and is famous for its temples and palaces.
- Gwalior city has been the capital of states including GurjarPratihar, BaghelKachhwahs.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
WHO designates Indian-origin Anil Soni as CEO for WHO Foundation
World Health Organisation (WHO) which is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health has appointed Indian-origin Anil Soni as chief Executive officer of WHO Foundation.
- Anil Soni will join the new WHO Foundation in January after eight years with the multinational pharmaceutical Viatris.
- Director: General TedrosAdhanom
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
IREDA & Power Ministry inks MoU for Green Energy Projects
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) has signed MoU with SJVN Limited, which is a unit under Ministry of Power for Green Energy projects.
- Under the MoU, IREDA will also assist SJVN in developing an action plan to create and acquire Renewable Energy projects for the next 5 years.
About Power Ministry:
- Union Minister: Raj Kumar Singh
ICICI Bank launches new mobile app named iMobile Pay to provide Payments & Banking Services
The ICICI Bank has launched a new version of its mobile payment app called iMobile Pay, to provide payment and banking services to customers of any bank.
- The updated version of the app is now facilitating payments and other banking services to even those customers who do not hold an ICICI Bank account.
- The app empowers customers to undertake all transactions.
About ICICI Bank:
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi (15 Oct 2018–)
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Kotak Mahindra Asset Management unveils country’s first International REIT Fund of Funds
Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company unveiled the Kotak International REIT Fund of Funds. REIT stands for Real Estate Investment Trust.
- This is an open-ended mutual fund scheme that will invest in units of SMAM Asia REIT Sub Trust Fund.
- The country’s first diversified REIT Mutual Fund, the scheme will have a diversified investment portfolio
Invest India won United Nations Investment Promotion Award for 2020
The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) which is the part of the United Nations Secretariat dealing with trade, investment, and development issues has declared ‘Invest India’ as winner of the United Nations Investment Promotion Award 2020.
- It recognizes and celebrates the outstanding achievements of the world’s investment promotion agencies.
- This United Nations Investment Promotion Award is the highest-level award (Like the Oscars) for investment promotion agencies.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945,
- Secretary General: AntónioGuterres
FAO’s King Bhumibol World Soil Day Award won by ICAR
Food and Agriculture Organization Presented Bhumibol World Soil Day Award 2020 is won by The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- The award was given to the ICAR on the occasion of World Soil Day
- ICAR won this award for its contribution to raise awareness of the importance of healthy soils. ICAR addressed soil erosion under the motto “Stop soil erosion, save our future”
- Headquarters: Rome, Italy
- Head: Qu Dongyu
- Founded: 16 October 1945.
Ranking & Reports
India’s secured 10th rank in Climate Change Performance Index
India has secured at 10th spot in the Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2021 for the second year in a row. India has ranked with the European Union and the United Kingdom
- India has ranked high along with the European Union and the United Kingdom. The United States, with a rank of 61, was the worst performer. India has scored 63.98 points out of 100.
- Last year, India had been ranked at the ninth position, with an overall score of 66.02.
- The report helps to access and judge countries’ climate policy, their recent development, current levels
Father of Fibre Optics Narinder Singh Kapany passes away
Narinder Singh Kapany, also known as Father of Fibre Optics has passed away. He was coining of the term Fibre Optics in 1956.
- Kapany was the first to transmit images through fiber optics in 1954. He founded the Optics Technology Incorporation and Kaptron Incorporation in 1960 and 1973 respectively.
- He received ‘The Excellence 2000 Award’ from the USA Pan-Asian American Chamber of Commerce in 1998
International Anti-Corruption Day is observed on 9 Decemeber
Every year, International Anti-Corruption Day is observed on 9 Decemeber across the world. The Day is observed to create awareness about the socio-economic issues and how one can fight against it.
The UN General Assembly then designated December 9 as Anti-Corruption Day as well, while the convention came into force in December 2005.
International Anti-corruption day 2020 theme is United Against Corruption.
Submarine Day is celebrated on 9 December
The Submarine Day is celebrated annually by the Indian Navy on December 9 to commemorate the induction of the first submarine, the erstwhile INS Kalvari, into the Indian Navy on this day in 1967.
- Indian Navy also celebrated Navy Day on December 04 to recognize the achievements and role of the Indian Navy to the country. For the 2020 year theme is “Indian Navy- Silent, Strong and Swift.”
International Day of Commemoration and Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide – 9 December
International Day of Commemoration and Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide is observed 9th December ever year. This day proclaimed by UNGA.
- The main objective of this day is to raise awareness of the Genocide Convention and its role in combating and preventing the crime of genocide
- UNGA established International Genocide Commemoration Day on 9 December because the day marks anniversary of the signing of the 1948 Genocide Convention.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
Current affairs is a genre of broadcast journalism. This differs from regular news broadcasts which place highlights on news reports
Follow our examsdaily site and stay updated and make a note of all the important issues happening internationally and nationally as you might need to re – read them
You can read it from the examsdaily. We update current affairs daily date wise as well as monthly wise.