Daily Current Affairs of 20 February 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 20, February 2021 PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB & Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
World Day of Social Justice 2021:
World Day of Social Justice is an international day recognizing the need to promote social justice. This day is recognized on 20th February every year. World Day of Social Justice history starts on November 26, 2007.
- 2021 Theme: A Call for Social Justice in the Digital Economy
World Pangolin Day 2021:
The World Pangolin Day is celebrated on the third Saturday of February. International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) classified all the eight species of pangolin as “threatened” to “critically endangered” in 2016.
- World Pangolin Day 2021 marks the 10th edition of the event.
- This day is recognised to make awareness about these unique mammals and speed up conservation efforts.
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
Centre launched the Go Electric campaign:
The Centre today launched the Go Electric campaign to boost the adoption of electric mobility vehicles and electric cooking appliances to ensure energy security in the country. Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadakari launched the campaign.
- Carbon emission from transport vehicles is a major challenge. This campaign aims to promote usage vehicles which operate on alternative mode of fuels like electric batteries, CNG and Bio-fuel.
Health Minister launched Mission Indradhanush 3.0:
Union Health Minister Dr.Harshvardhan has launched the intensified Mission Indradhanush 3.0 immunization programme. The new programme will begin from 22nd of February for 15 days and another phase from the 22nd of next month.
- A portal of IMI 3.0 has also been launched besides releasing the Operational Guidelines and the awareness material of the campaign.
- IMI 3.0 is aimed at reaching the unreached population with all the available vaccines under Universal Immunisation Programme and thereby accelerates the full immunization and complete immunization coverage of children and pregnant women.
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare:
- Union Minister- Harshvardhan
- Ministers of State- Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey
India successfully carried out Joint User Trials of “Helina and Dhruvastra”:
India successfully carried out Joint User Trials of indigenously developed Army and Air Force versions of Anti Tank Guided Missiles from desert ranges. Joint User Trials for Helina, the Army Version and Dhruvastra, the Air Force Version Missile Systems were carried out from Advanced Light Helicopter platform. They have been designed and developed by DRDO.
- The Helina and Dhruvastra are third generation, Lock on Before Launch fire and forget Anti-Tank Guided Missiles that can engage targets both in direct hit mode as well as top attack mode.
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- Chairman- Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
Home Minister Amit Shah released ‘Rashtra Pratham – 82 varshon ki Swarnim Gatha’:
Home Minister Amit Shah released a book ‘Rashtra Pratham – 82 varshon ki Swarnim Gatha’ in New Delhi. The book chronicles the glorious history of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) since its raising in 1939.
About Ministry of Home Affairs:
- Union Minister- Shri Amit Shah
- Minister of State- Shri G. Kishan Reddy
PM laid the foundation stone for Integrated Command and Control Centre:
Prime Minister also laid the foundation stone for the Integrated Command and Control Centre at Thiruvananthapuram. The control centre built at A cost of 94 crore rupees will act as the control room integrating various departments in case of any contingency.
- A Water Treatment Plant at Aruvikkara was also inaugurated by PM, that will boost the supply of drinking water in the capital city.
- Prime Minister also laid the foundation stone of the Smart Roads Project in Thiruvananthapuram.
- Governor – Arif Mohammed Khan,
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Capital- Thiruvananthapuram
PM will chair the 6th meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair the sixth meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog through video conferencing. The agenda of the meeting includes deliberations on agriculture, infrastructure, manufacturing, human resource development and service delivery at grassroots level and health and nutrition.
- The sixth meeting will witness the entry of Ladakh for the first time, in addition to the participation of Jammu and Kashmir as a Union Territory. This time, other Union Territories headed by administrators have also been invited to join.
About NITI Aayog:
- CEO- Amitabh Kant
- Chairperson- Narendra Modi
External Affairs Minister has launched the BRICS-2021 website:
External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has launched the BRICS-2021 website. The website will provide a comprehensive snapshot of the strong BRICS engagement and the exhaustive calendar of events during BRICS under the Chairmanship of India. He also soft launched the upgraded facilities at Sushma Swaraj Bhavan that will serve as the Secretariat for BRICS Summit.
Minister of State for External Affairs launched a new scheme:
Minister of State for External Affairs V Muraleedharan has launched a new scheme. By this scheme an applicant can leverage the DigiLocker platform of the Government of India while applying for passport-related services from anywhere in India. The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said that with the launch of this new scheme, applicants applying for passport services can provide link to their specific documents uploaded in the DigiLocker.
- This would enable citizens to submit various documents required for Passport Services through DigiLocker in a paperless mode.
- DigiLocker is a key initiative under Digital India, a flagship program aimed at transforming India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
India-Australia Circular Economy Hackathon:
India Australia Circular Economy Hackathon (I-ACE) is jointly being organized by Atal Innovation Mission and Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia. I-ACE aims to accelerate the development of young and promising students and startups/MSMEs working towards the creation of a sustainable future.
- PM Modi addressed the India-Australia Circular Economy Hackathon.
- Prime Minister: Scott Morrison.
- Currency: Australian dollar.
- Capital: Canberra.
India and Ethiopia have signed two agreements:
India and Ethiopia have signed two agreements related to visa facilitation and leather technology. The agreements were signed in the presence of Ethiopia Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister, Demeke Mekonnen Hassen and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar.
- The two ministers agreed to expand India and Ethiopia bilateral agenda especially defence, economic, Science & Technology, digital and cultural cooperation.
- Capital- Addis Ababa
- Currency- Ethiopian birr
- Prime Minister- Abiy Ahmed
United States has officially rejoined the Paris Agreement:
Secretary of State Antony Blinken officialy announced that United States is once again a Party to the Paris Agreement. US had officially exited the agreement late last year on the order of the then President Donald Trump.
- US President Joe Biden signed an executive order beginning the 30-day process for the US to re-enter the global pact.
- Capital-Washington, D.C.
- President- Joe Biden
- Currency- US Dollor
PM inaugurated 320 KV Pugalur – Thrissur Power Transmission Project:
320 KV Pugalur – Thrissur Power Transmission Project has been inaugurated by the Prime Minister in Kerala. This Project will facilitate transfer of 2000 MW of power from the western region that will help to meet the growing power demand in the State.
- The Prime Minister also dedicate to the nation the 50 MW Kasaragod Solar Power Project, developed under the National Solar Energy Mission.
- Governor – Arif Mohammed Khan,
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Capital- Thiruvananthapuram
Khajuraho Dance Festival begins at Madhya Pradesh:
World famous Khajuraho Dance Festival begins in Madhya Pradesh. It will conclude on the 26th of this month. The Minister of Culture and Tourism of Madhya Pradesh Ms Usha Thakur inaugurate the globally acclaimed ‘Khajuraho Dance Festival’.
- Significantly, this ceremony will be held once again in the temple complex after a gap of 44 years.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital- Bhopal
- Governor- Incumbent Anandiben Patel (Additional Charge)
- CM- Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Former Union Minister Captain Satish Sharma passed away:
Veteran leader Captain Satish Sharma passed away at his 73 age. He is a former Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas from 1993 to 1996. He was born on October 11, 1947, in Andhra Pradesh’s Secunderabad.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|