Daily Current Affairs of 24 February 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 24 February 2021 PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB & Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
Central Excise Day 2021:
Central Excise Day is celebrated every year all across the India on 24th of February. Central Excise Day is used to collect the Tax from the people by applying the Tax on the Goods and Services.
Second anniversary of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi, PM KISAN:
PM KISAN was formally launched on 24th February in the year 2019 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at a function at Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh.
- PM KISAN was started with an aim to augment the income of the farmers by providing income support to all landholding farmers’ families across the country.
- Under the PM KISAN Scheme, an amount of 6000 rupees per year is transferred in three installments of 2000 rupees directly into the bank accounts of the farmers.
- The Scheme initially provided income support to all Small and Marginal Farmers’ families across the country, holding cultivable land upto 2 hectares.
- Its ambit was later expanded to cover all farmer families in the country irrespective of the size of their land holdings. Affluent farmers have been excluded from the scheme.
- Since this scheme started, more than 1 lakh 10 thousand crore rupees have reached the account of farmers.
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
DAC clears acquisition of 118 Arjun Mark 1A tanks:
Defence Acquisition Council cleared the proposals for the acquisition of 118 Arjun Mark 1A tanks, indigenously-developed Nag anti-tank guided missile and Arudhra medium power radar.
- Defence ministry has granted approval to the Army’s proposal to procure 118 indigenously manufactured Arjun Mark 1-A ‘Hunter Killers’. This is the second biggest ‘Make in India’ project in the armed forces in this year.
- MoD also cleared proposals for the acquisition of indigenously-developed Nag anti-tank guided missile and Arudhra medium power radar.
- DAC- Defence Acquisition Council
- Chairman- Minister Rajnath Singh
President inaugurates the world largest “Sardar Patel Stadium”:
President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurate the world largest Sardar Patel Stadium at Motera in Ahmedabad. The stadium will have a seating capacity of 1.10 lakh people. Currently, Melbourne is the largest cricket stadium in the world. After the inauguration, Sardar stadium is the world largest stadium which spread over 63 acres.
- Built at an estimated cost of 800 crore rupees, Motera stadium houses 76 corporate boxes, an Olympic level swimming pool, an indoor academy, four dressing rooms for athletes, food courts and a clubhouse.
- The third test of the four match series between India and England will begin on 24.02.2021 at Sardar Patel Cricket Stadium, Motera in Ahmedabad. This will be the first match which is held at this stadium.
- And this is also the 100th test for 32 year old pacer Ishant Sharma.
1st UPSC Civil Services Examination, in Leh:
UPSC has opened a new centre for the Civil Services Examination, in Leh for the candidates from Union Territory Ladakh. This is the first of its kind the Union Public Service Commission in that Union Territory.
- After successfully conducting the NEET exam amidst COVID pandemic, now UT Administration is taking the civil exam prestigiously and making all efforts to meet the UPSC indicated list of points by the cut-off dates.
- UPSC- Union Public Service Commission
DAC approved acquisition proposals worth of 13,700 Cr:
Defence Acquisition Council, DAC approved capital acquisition proposals of various weapons, platforms, equipment, and systems required by the Indian Army, Indian Navy and the Indian Air Force. Three Acceptance of Necessities, AoNs for an overall cost of 13 thousand 700 crore rupees were accorded.
- All these AoNs are in the highest priority category of Defence Acquisition, Buy Indian-IDDM-Indigenously Designed, Developed and Manufactured.
India, Nagaland and the World Bank signed a $68 million project:
Government of India, Government of Nagaland and the World Bank has signed a $68 million project to enhance the governance of schools across Nagaland as well as to improve teaching practices and learning environments in select schools.
- The “Nagaland: Enhancing Classroom Teaching and Resources Project” will improve classroom instruction; create opportunities for the professional development of teachers; and build technology systems to provide students and teachers with more access.
- About 150,000 students and 20,000 teachers in the government education system in Nagaland will benefit from the statewide reforms in schools.
- Capital- Kohima
- CM- Neiphiu Rio
- Governor – RN Ravi
India & AIIB sign agreement for $304 million:
Government of India and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) signed a loan agreement for the amount of $304 million. This loan agreement signed for Assam Intra-State Transmission System Enhancement Project to improve reliability, capacity and security of the power transmission network in the State of Assam.
- The total estimated cost of the project is $365 million, of which $304 million will be financed by the AIIB. $61 million will be cost by government of Assam.
- CM- Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor- Prof. Jagdish Mukhi
- Capital- Dispur
Japan’s first Lonliness Minister:
Tetsushi Sakamoto has been appointed as Japan’s first Lonliness Minister. Prime Minister of Japan Yoshihide Suga added a minister of loneliness to his Cabinet by taking an example of the the UK, which in 2018 became the first country to create a similar role.
- Tetsushi Sakamoto, who is also in charge of combating the nation’s falling birth rate and revitalising regional economies,
- Prime Minister- Yoshihide Suga
- Capital- Tokyo
- Currency- Japanese yen
TN Govt Introduce “Amma Accident and Life Insurance”:
Tamil Nadu government has introduced the “Amma Accident and Life Insurance” in the in the interim budget.
- 67 lakh people who below the poverty line in that state will be benefitted from this scheme.
- Tamil Nadu will be provided an insurance cover of 2 lakh rupees for the natural death of the head of the family. Insurance cover of Rs 4 lakh will be provided for the accidental death of the head of the family and Rs 2 lakh for permanent disability.
About Tamil Nadu:
- Capital: Chennai
- CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Dr Shakti Kumar Gupta has been appointed as the first Director of AIIMS-Jammu:
Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved the appointment to the post of Executive Director in AIIMS, Vijaypur in J&K. The cabinet appointed Dr Shakti Kumar Gupta as the Executive Director in AIIMS Vijaypur in J&K.
About Jammu& Kashmir:
- Lieutenant Governor – Manoj Sinha
- Capital (Summer)- Srinagar
- Capital (Winter)- Jammu
Rear Adm Tarun Sobti appointed as Command of the EasternFleet:
Rear Adm Tarun Sobti, VSM took over the Command of the EasternFleet, the Sword Arm of the ENC, from Rear Adm Sanjay Vatsayan, AVSM, NM. The change of guard took place at an impressive ceremony held in Naval Base, Visakhapatnam.
- Rear Admiral Tarun Sobti was commissioned into the Indian Navy on 01 July 1988 and is a specialist in Navigation and Direction.
Bidisha Bhattacharyya has appointed as Senior Policy Advisor in FSA:
Bidisha Bhattacharyya has been appointed as Senior Policy Advisor in the Farm Service Agency (FSA) by the Biden administration, USA. She is an Indian-American climate and energy expert, who spent three years deploying solar energy solutions in rural India.
- She was earlier posted as Director of Climate and Energy Policy at the Centre for American Progress.
Sri Lankan Batsman Upul Tharanga Announced Retirement:
Sri Lankan batsman Upul Tharanga has announced his retirement from international cricket. Upul Tharanga, who has been playing international cricket since 2005, last played in 2019.
- He has played in 31 Tests, 235 ODIs and 26 T20I matches.
- He has scored 15 ODI centuries in ODI cricket. He scored two centuries in the 2011 ODI World Cup
Bharat Forge Get An Order Worth Of Rs.177.95 Cr:
Bharat Forge Limited has received an order worth Rs177.95 crore from the defence ministry for the supply of Kalyani M4 armored personnel carrier vehicles. Kalyani M4 has been described by Bharat Forge as multi-role platform, designed to meet the specific requirements of armed forces for quick mobility in rough terrain and in areas affected by mine and IED threats.
About Bharat Forge Limited:
- Headquarters- Pune
- CEO- Rajinder Bhatia
Airtel and Qualcomm in partnership for 5G network in India:
Bharti Airtel has announced the development of its own 5G network technology stack, which is being done in partnership with Qualcomm. Airtel will be using the Qualcomm 5G radio access network technology stack to deploy its commercial 5G network.
- Airtel and Qualcomm will also jointly work to develop the 5G fixed wireless access network.
- President of Qualcomm India- Rajen Vagadia.
- Headquarters – California, USA
About Bharti Airtel:
- CEO- Gopal Vittal
- Headquarters- New Delhi
Italy’s Ambassador Luca Attanasio Dead:
Italy’s ambassador to Democratic Republic of Congo was killed when their convoy was attacked in the east of the country. The Italian government confirmed the deaths of Ambassador Luca Attanasio, Italian military policeman Vittorio Iacovacci, and a Congolese driver.
- Capital- Rome
- Currency- Euro
- President- Sergio Mattarella
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|