Daily Current Affairs of 26 February 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 26, February 2021 PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB & Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
Important Days of February 26
- Today is the Birth Anniversary of Victor Hugo. He was a French poet, novelist, and dramatist. He produced more than 4,000 drawings in his lifetime, and campaigned for social causes such as the abolition of capital punishment.
- Today also marks the Birth Anniversary of Tamil Poet Tharabharathi. He was born in the village of Kuvale in Thiruvannamalai district. The Government of Tamil Nadu has made his texts nationwide in 2010-2011.
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
Union Minister inaugurates “India Pharma 2021” & “India Medical Devices 2021”:
Union Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister Shri D V Sadananda Gowda has inaugurated a four day Global Investors meet: India Pharma 2021 & India Medical Devices 2021. This meet is organized by FICCI along with Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India, and Invest India.
- EY-FICCI report titled ‘Indian Pharmaceutical Industry 2021: future is now’ was also launched during the event.
- Union Minister along with MoS also presented 6th India Pharma and medical device award
The winners and categories are provided below:
|India Pharma Leader Award||Laurus Labs Limited|
|India Pharma Bulk Drug Company of the Year Award||Metrochem API Private Limited|
|India Pharma Innovation of the year Award||Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited|
|India Pharma Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Programme of the Year Award||Lupin Limited|
|India Medical Devices Company of the Year Award||WrigNanosystems Private Limited|
|Special Award in recognition of exceptional leadership & contribution in handling the supply of essential medicine & medical products during the period of COVID-19 pandemic||Dr. P.D. Vaghela, Former Secretary, Department of Pharmaceuticals|
CCI approves proposed merger of NAM Estates and Embassy One with IBREL:
Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves proposed merger of NAM Estates and Embassy One Commercial Property Developments Pvt. Ltd (EOCPDPL) into Indiabulls Real Estate (IBREL).
- NAM Estates is engaged in the business of real estate development of commercial and residential assets and other related activities.
- EOCPDPL is engaged in the business of providing common area maintenance services to construction and development of real estate.
- IBREL is a publicly listed, real estate company in India.
MoU signed between Ministry of Corporate Affairs and CBIC:
Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) and Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for data exchange between the two organisations. This MoU will facilitate the sharing of data and information between MCA and CBIC on an automatic and regular basis.
- Both organisations will benefit from access to each other’s databases which include details of import-export transactions and consolidated financial statements of companies registered in the country.
About Ministry of Corporate Affairs:
- Union Minister- Nirmala Sitharaman
- Minister of State- Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Union Minister inaugurates the latest technology Integrated Bamboo Treatment Plant:
Dr. Jitendra Singh today inaugurated the latest technology Integrated Bamboo Treatment Plant in the premises of North East Cane and Bamboo Development Council (NECBDC) near Guwahati. North Eastern Council and the Ministry of DoNER have initiated a country wide drive and are also encouraging Start-Ups and new entrepreneurs to explore business opportunities through bamboo.
- Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh announced that Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir will set up three Bamboo Clusters through technical knowhow and collaboration from North East Cane and Bamboo Development Council (NECBDC).
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Dr. Jitendra Singh is also the MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space.
Prime Minister inaugurated various projects in Puducherry:
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for 4 laning of NH45-A covering Karaikal District and Medical College Building at Karaikal District.
He also inaugurated,
- 100 bed girls’ hostel at Lawspet, Puducherry for female athletes.
- The reconstructed Heritage Marie Building
- The Blood Centre at JIPMER, Puducherry.
JIPMER- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research
- Capital- Puducherry
- CM- Velu Narayanasamy (Resigned)
- Governor- Tamilisai Soundararajan (additional charge)
16th FICCI Higher Education Summit 2021:
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry in collaboration with Ministry of Education and Ministry of Commerce and Industry organised the “FICCI Higher Education Summit 2021”. This year is the 16th edition of this summit.
- The theme of the summit is ‘‘Higher Education @ 2030: R.I.S.E. – Resilience. Innovation. Sustainability. Enterprise.”
- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ delivered the inaugural address at this summit.
- FICCI- EY report ‘Higher Education in India: Vision 2040 was released in this event.
- FICCI- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Founded – 1927
- President- Uday Shankar
- Secretary General – Mr Dilip Chenoy
City Innovation Exchange (CiX) Platform Launched:
The Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs Shri Durga Shanker Mishra launched the “City Innovation Exchange” (CiX) platform. This platform has been designed on the philosophy of ‘everyone is an innovator’.
- This platform will bring together Citizen Organisations-Academia- Businesses- Government to co-create for the future of Urban India in a transparent and sustainable manner.
What is CiX?
City Innovation Exchange (CiX) is a platform which will connect cities to innovators across the national ecosystem to design innovative solutions for their pressing challenges.
2nd of “Global Bio-India” will start from March 01:
The second edition of Global Bio-India will be organised from 1-3March 2021 on digital platform. Global Bio-India is one of the largest biotechnology stakeholders’ conglomerates. Global Bio- India is being co-organised by the Department of Biotechnology along with its Public Sector Undertaking, Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) in partnership with industry association Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises (ABLE) and Invest India.
- The theme for this year is “Transforming lives” and tag line “Biosciences to Bioeconomy”.
- Global Bio-India 2021 is expected to have representatives from 50+ countries with Switzerland being the partner country and Karnataka as its state partner till date
The first edition of Global Bio-India 2019 was held at New Delhi.
IWAI signed MoU with MOL for transportation of LPG:
Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) signed MoU with MOL (Asia Oceania) Private Limited for transportation of LPG through barges on National Waterways-1 and National Waterways-2.
- Handling LPG by inland waterways will help reduce the carbon footprints, lowering the overall logistics cost
- MOL Group is the world’s largest gas carrier company
Prime Minister dedicated 1000 MW Neyveli New Thermal Power Project and Others:
PM inaugurates and lays foundation stone of various development projects in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. He dedicated to the nation the 1000 MW Neyveli New Thermal Power Project and 709 MW Solar Power Project of NLCIL.
He laid the foundation stone for,
- Design, supply, installation and commissioning of a 5MW grid connected ground based solar power plant at V.O.Chidambaranar Port.
- Development of Integrated Command and Control Centers (ICCC) in nine Smart Cities including Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem, Thanjavur, Vellore, Tiruchirappalli, Tiruppur, Tirunelveli and Thoothukudi.
He inaugurated the 8-laning of Korampallam Bridge and “Rail Over Bridge” (ROB) at V.O.Chidambaranar Port and the tenements constructed under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) scheme.
- Capital: Chennai
- CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Kaushik Barua received national medal by the Cambodian Govt.
Kaushik Barua is an Indian citizen who currently the country director of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) in Cambodia and Laos. He has been conferred with the national medal by the Cambodian government under the Royal Order of Sahametrei.
- This medal is conferred primarily on foreigners who have rendered distinguished services to the King and the people of Cambodia, according to the website of the United Nations in Cambodia.
IFAD is a specialised agency of the United Nations that works to address poverty and hunger in rural areas of developing countries
ICICI Bank unveils ‘Namma Chennai Smart Card’:
ICICI Bank partnership with the Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC) and Chennai Smart City Limited (CSCL) unveiled a Common Payment Card System (CPCS) in Chennai. This Rupay-powered co-branded, contactless prepaid card called ‘Namma Chennai Smart Card’
- Namma Chennai Smart Card can be used to pay for the several services provided by the Chennai Corporation, such as cycle sharing, parking charges and payment of property tax.
- Capital: Chennai
- CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
2nd Khelo India National Winter Games:
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will deliver the inaugural address at the 2nd Khelo India National Winter Games on 26th February 2021. Games will be held from 26th February to 2nd March, 2021.
- The event has been organised by the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, in collaboration with the J&K Sports Council and the Winter Games Association of J&K.
- Sports Minister – Shri Kiren Rijiju
- Secretary (Sports)- Shri Ravi Mital
Tabebuia Open 2021: Wheelchair tennis tournament
Tabebuia Open 2021 is the first official ranked tennis tournament for people with physical disability since COVID time. This will start from 27.02.2021. Indian Wheelchair Tennis Tour (IWTT) under the aegis of the All India Tennis Association (AITA) in association with the Karnataka State Lawn Tennis Association (TSTA) is conducting the tournament.
- Tabebuia Open is a wheelchair tennis tournament that brings together some of the best wheelchair tennis players in India.
- The tournament will be hosted while complying with the AITA and International Tennis Federation’s (ITF) rules and regulations
- CM- S. Yediyurappa
- Capital – Bangalore
- Governor- Vajubhai Vala
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|