Daily Current Affairs of 27, 28 February 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 27, 28 February 2021 PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB & Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
Rare Disease Day 2021:
Rare Disease Day takes place on the last day of February each year. The main objective of Rare Disease Day is to raise awareness amongst the general public and decision-makers about rare diseases and their impact on patients’ lives.
- The campaign started as a European event and has progressively become a world phenomenon.
- The first Rare Disease Day was celebrated in 2008 on 29 February
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
ISRO has launched Amazonia-1 and 18 co-passenger satellites:
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has launched the primary satellite Amazonia-1 of Brazil and 18 co-passenger satellites onboard the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C51) from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) Sriharikota.
- PSLV-C51/Amazonia-1 is the first dedicated commercial mission of NSIL.
NSIL- New Space India Limited
- Chairman – K Sivan
- Headquarters- Bengaluru
- Founded on- 1969
DBT celebrates its 35th Foundation Day:
Department of Biotechnology (DBT) celebrated its 35th Foundation Day on 27 February 2021. The function to celebrate the 35th Foundation Day of DBT was held through video-conferencing. The e-book “DBT Fights COVID- From Virus to Vaccine” was unveiled on the occasion.
- The celeberations also marked giving away of prestigious BRITE (Biotechnology Research Innovation and Technology Excellence) Awards in various categories.
- DBT also organizes webinar/s on “35 years of Biotechnology Growth in India – An exciting journey”.
39th Agartala International Book Fair:
The 39th Agartala International Book Fair was conducted at Agartala. State Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb inaugurated the fair.
- The theme of this fair is “Ek Tripura, Shrestha Tripura” has begun.
70th-anniversary celebrations of SLAF:
Indian Air Force aerobatic display teams, the fixed wing “Suryakirans’ and rotary wing ‘Sarang’ , along with Light Combat Aircraft Tejas arrived at Colombo, Sri Lanka, on 27 Feb 21 on an invitation from Air Marshal Sudarshana Pathirana, Commander of the Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF).
- IAF & SLAF have seen active exchanges and interactions for a number of years in diverse fields like training, operational exchanges and through professional military education courses.
- SLAF-Sri Lanka Air Force
Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav-2021
Third and final edition of the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav-2021 concluded with colourful cultural programmes. The two day Mahotsav was organised by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India from 27th – 28th February 2021 at Murshidabad, West Bengal.
About West Bengal:
- Governor- Jagdeep Dhankhar
- CM- Mamata Banerjee
- Capital- Kolkata
UN body recommends Bangladesh graduation from LDC:
The United Nations Committee for Development Policy (CDP) has recommended graduation of Bangladesh from the category of Least Developed Country (LDC) as it fulfilled the eligibility criteria in terms of per capita income, human assets and economic and environmental vulnerability.
- A country must achieve at least two of the three criteria at two consecutive triennial reviews to be considered for graduation.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi Taka
- President: Mohammad Abdul Hamid
- Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
Russia Launched Its First Satellite For Monitoring The Arctic’s Climate:
The Roscosmos space agency said a Soyuz rocket blasted off from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan carrying Russia’s first satellite for monitoring the Arctic’s climate.
Video published by the Russian space agency showed the Soyuz blaster launching against grey skies at 0655 GMT (12:25pm IST), carrying an Arktika-M satellite.
- The ‘Arktika’ hydrometeorological and climate monitoring space system is designed to monitor the climate and environment in the Arctic region.
- Roscosmos is a state corporation of the Russian Federation, responsible for space flights, cosmonautics programs, and others.
China celebrates traditional ‘Lantern Festival’:
China is celebrating its traditional Lantern festival today. Celebrated on the 15th day of the first Chinese lunar month, the Lantern Festival traditionally marks the end of the Chinese New Year also known as ‘Spring Festival’ period. In 2021, China ushered into Lunar New Year – the ‘Year of the Ox’ on 12th February.
- The Lantern Festival is also the first full moon night in the Chinese calendar, marking the return of spring and symbolizing the reunion of family.
- Capital- Beijing
- Currency- Renminbi
- President- Xi Jinping
Vinesh Phogat Wins Gold In Ukraine Wrestling Event:
Indian wrestler Vinesh Phogat has won the gold medal at XXIV Outstanding Ukrainian Wrestlers and Coaches Memorial in the women’s 53-kg category. This event held in Kyiv, Ukraine. Vinesh Phogat has defeated the world number seven “Vanesa Kaladzinskaya” who is from Belarus in the final.
- Vinesh Phogat is 26 year old Indian Women Wrestler.
- Vinesh has already booked a place in the Tokyo Olympics for the 53kg category.
- She is the only Indian woman wrestler to have qualified for the Tokyo Games.
Deepak Kumar wins the silver medal Strandja Memorial Tournament:
Deepak Kumar (52kg) wins the silver medal at the 72nd Strandja Memorial Tournament in Sofia, Bulgaria. Bulgaria’s Daniel Asenov has won this event. At the same time Naveen Boora got bronze in the 69kg category in this event.
ISSF Shotgun World Cup 2021- India Wins Bronze:
The Indian team has finished 3rd in the men’s team skeet event at the ongoing ISSF Shotgun World Cup being in Cairo, Egypt. Mairaj Ahmed Khan, Gurjoat Khangura and Angadvir Singh Bajwa represent India for the men’s team skeet event.
Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar takes charge as Western Naval Command Chief:
Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar took charge as the Flag Officer Commanding-In-Chief of Western Naval Command. He took the charge from C. Ajit Kumar in a ceremony at the Command Post of Headquarters, Western Naval Command, Mumbai.
- Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar, an alumnus of the National Defence Academy was commissioned into the Indian Navy on 01 January 1983.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|