Daily Current Affairs of 05 March 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 05 March PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB and Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
Dissociative Identity Disorder Awareness Day 2021:
March 5th is Dissociative Identity Disorder Awareness Day. Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) is also known as Multiple Personality Disorder. According to the National Alliance of Mental Illness, only 2% of the United States experiences these symptoms and have been properly diagnosed.
- This day is celebrated to make awareness about this disorder.
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
“Harvesting” has launched online platform “HFNMandi.com”:
“Harvesting” is an Agri-tech startup, has announced the launch of an online platform to help Indian farmers directly market and sell their products to wholesale buyers.
- “HFNMandi.com” is a free online service for farmers to connect and transact with buyers across India and internationally.
- In the last 10 months, ‘Harvesting’ has worked with farmers across India and listed over 23 million dollars (about Rs 168 crore) worth of agri-produce on the platform.
- Founder and CEO- Ruchit Garg
India attracted total FDI inflow of US$ 67.54 billion:
Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) is a major driver of economic growth and an important source of non-debt finance for the economic development of India. As per the official data,
- India has attracted total FDI inflow of US$ 67.54 billion during April to December 2020. It is the highest ever for the first ninth months of a financial year and 22% higher as compared to the first ninth months of 2019-20.
Actor Sonu Sood is set to launch India’s biggest blood bank and App “”Sonu For You”:
Sonu Sood has announced through his video clip, he is preparing to launch India’s biggest blood bank. This is expected to be India`s biggest blood bank, through an app named “Sonu For You”. The app aims at connecting donors to those in urgent need of blood.
- As per the app, a donee can reach out to donors, and on receiving a request a donor can immediately reach the hospital and donate blood.
4th day of Jan Aushadhi Diwas 2021 week:
Jan Aushadhi Diwas week celebrated from March 1 and will continue till March 7, 2021 across the country. Janaushadhi Diwas has begun to provide further impetus, create awareness about the use of generic medicines and highlight the initiatives undertaken by the Government of India.
- 4th day of Jan Aushadhi Diwas 2021 week was celebrated in 04.03.2021 on the theme “Suvidha Se Samman”.
- Under Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana, more than 1,00,000 Suvidha Sanitary Napkin packets were distributed free of cost to the women at more than 2000 places.
What is Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana?
Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana is a campaign launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Government of India. The main objective of this campaign is making quality medicines available at affordable prices for all particularly for poor people.
Gujarat Has Announced Two Mega Textile Parks:
Gujarat Government has announced establishment of two mega textile parks. These two mega textile parks in Gujarat will be set up as part of an announcement made in the Union Budget for setting up of seven mega textile parks.
- Co-Chairman of ASSOCHAM Gujarat State Council Chintan Thaker said that a single cluster will help in bringing more investments in the textile sector.
- The allocation of 1,500 crore rupees in Gujarat budget for providing subsidies to the textile industries will also boost the competitiveness of the domestic manufacturers.
First export consignments of ‘red rice’ from Assam to the USA flagged off:
The first consignment of ‘red rice’ was flagged off to the USA. Iron rich ‘red rice’ is grown in Brahmaputra valley of Assam, without the use of any chemical fertilizer. The rice variety is referred as ‘Bao-dhaan’, which is an integral part of the Assamese food.
- The flagging off ceremony of the export consignments was carried out by APEDA Chairman.
- APEDA has promoting rice exports through collaborations with various stakeholders in the value chains.
- APEDA – Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority
- Founded- 13 February 1986
- Chairman – Dr M.Angamuthu
California Walnuts launches “Power of 3”:
The California Walnut Commission has announced the second annual “Power of 3” global marketing campaign, which builds on the successful 2020 campaign. “Power of 3” has been launched on March 3rd with a first-ever global event.
- This event has been celebrated in the USA, Germany, India, Japan, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the Middle East to showcase how they like to get their daily handful of walnuts.
- This campaign is a fun and engaging way to build on one of California walnuts’ core benefits as the only nut that is a rich source of plant-based omega-3 ALA (2.5 grams/28 grams).
- Capital-Washington, D.C.
- President- Joe Biden
- Currency- US Dollar
Mumbai’s CSMT Becomes Maharashtra’s First Green Station:
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) in Maharashtra is awarded Gold Certification by Indian Green Building Council. CSMT has become the first railway station in Maharashtra to be awarded the gold certification as per the Confederation of Indian Industry’s Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) ratings.
- The rating system gives impetus to the national priorities like energy efficiency, water conservation, handling of waste measures and motivates the adoption of green standards for buildings and its environment.
- CM- Uddhav Thackeray
- Capital- Mumbai
- Governor- Bhagat Singh Koshyari
PM Modi Will Receive CERA Week Global Energy and Environment Leadership Award:
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will receive the CERAWeek Global Energy and Environment Leadership Award at the Cambridge Energy Research Associates Week (CERAWeek) 2021 on 5th March at around 7 PM via video conferencing. He will deliver keynote address on this occasion.
- CERAWeek was founded in 1983 by Dr. Daniel Yergin. It has been organized in Houston in March every year since 1983
- CERAWeek Global Energy and Environment Leadership Award was instituted in 2016. It recognizes the commitment of leadership on the future of global energy & environment.
FINANCE & ECONOMIC
Bajaj Electricals, Mahindra Logistics sign Rs 1,000 crore project:
Bajaj Electricals Ltd (BEL) and Mahindra Logistics Ltd (MLL) has signed Rs 1,000 crore agreement for logistics optimisation and outsourcing arrangement for a period of five-years.
- The deal is an end-to-end redesign and outsourcing of BEL’s entire logistics by MLL with the twin objectives of achieving enhanced service levels coupled with a logistics cost saving in excess of 25 per cent.
- MLL has developed for BEL a redesigned and consolidated logistics network with storage optimisation, transportation management and inventory movement through technology, best practices and automation.
- CEO and Managing Director of MLL- Rampraveen Swaminathan,
Ease of Living Index 2020:
Minister of State (Independent Charge), Housing and Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep Singh Puri announced the release of the final rankings of Ease of Living Index (EoLI) 2020. The rankings under Ease of Living Index 2020 were announced for cities with a population of more than a million, and cities with less than a million people.
- Bengaluru emerged as the top performer in the Million+ category, followed by Pune, Ahmedabad and others.
- In the Less than Million category, Shimla was ranked the highest in ease of living, followed by Bhubaneshwar, Silvassa and others.
Ranks and Scores:
Category- Population Million+
Category- Population Less than Million
Municipal Performance Index (MPI) 2020:
Minister of State (Independent Charge), Housing and Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep Singh Puri announced the release of the final rankings of the Municipal Performance Index (MPI) 2020. These rankings are given in two categories based on population limit. They are Million+ category and the Less than Million population category.
- In the Million+ category, Indore has emerged as the highest ranked municipality, followed by Surat and Bhopal.
- In the Less than Million categories, New Delhi Municipal Council has emerged as the leader, followed by Tirupati and Gandhinagar.
Ranks and Scores:
Category- Population Million+:
Category- Population Less than Million:
|1||New Delhi MC||52.92|
Uganda International- Indian Shuttlers Varun, Malvika Won Gold Medals:
Indian shuttlers Varun Kapurand, Malvika Bansod won gold medals at the 2021 Uganda International in Kampala.
- Varun registered a hard-fought 21-18, 16-21, 21-17 wins over seventh seeded Sankar Muthusamy to lift his maiden senior international men’s singles title.
- Malvika had to work hard during her come-from-behind 17-21, 25-23, 21-10 victory against compatriot Anupama Upadhyaya in the women singles category.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|