Daily Current Affairs of 06 March 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 06 March PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB and Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
Dentist’s Day 2021:
Dentist’s Day is observed annually every March 6, and is a day set aside to remind us to say “Thank You” and show appreciation to your dentist. The day is a day to remind everyone about the importance of regular dental checkups, and to encourage proper dental care. This day usually celebrated in US.
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
RailTel has launched prepaid plans for its Railwire Wi-Fi:
RailTel has launched prepaid plans for its Railwire Wi-Fi at 4000 plus Railway stations across India. A passenger can use 30 minutes free wi-fi per day at 1 mbps speed at these 4000 plus railway stations. For using the Wi-Fi facility at a higher speed of upto 34 mbps, the user needs to choose a plan with a higher speed by paying a nominal fee
- The plans have been designed to offer flexible choices to users as per their needs.
- A number of payment options like net banking, wallet, credit card can be used to purchase plans online.
- The fee ranges from Rs 10 for 5GB per day, Rs 15 for 10 GB per day, Rs 20 for 10 GB/5 days, Rs 30 for 20 GB/5 days, Rs 40 for 20 GB/10 days, Rs 50 for 30 GB/ 10 days and Rs 70 for 60 GB/30 days.
DRDO successfully carried out a flight demonstration based on SFDR:
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully carried out a flight demonstration based on Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) technology.
- This demonstration based on SFDR from Integrated Test Range Chandipur off the coast of Odisha at around 1030 hrs on March 05, 2021.
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- Chairman- Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
New Delhi World Book Fair Inaugurated by Ramesh Pokhriyal:
New Delhi World Book Fair (NDWBF) organised by National Book Trust, India which is scheduled from 6 to 9 March 2021 as Virtual Edition. NDWBF 2021 offers the exhibitors a u nique opportunity for business with this growing book industry. It is also an ideal platform for promoting titles, co-publication arrangements and trade.
- National Book Trust, India is a society established by the Government of India in 1957 for promotion of books and developing reading habit in the country.
Country’s First Indo-French Dual Degree Programme:
Ambassador of France to India Emmanuel Lenain unveiled India’s first-ever dual degree Master’s program in Sports Industry Management in Odisha. Indo-French dual degree program offers an MBA degree from Xavier University in Bhubaneswar and MSc degree from Emlyon Business School in France.
- Capital- Paris
- Currency- Euro
- President- Emmanuel Macron
Bangladesh Launches National App Portal:
Government of Bangladesh has launched its national app portal bdapps.com. The agreement between the ICT division of the government of Bangladesh and the telecom company Robi was signed in Dhaka. Through this agreement, BDApps will be established as the hub of the ICT division for application developers.
- Launching the app portal as the national app portal, ICT minister Zunaid Ahmed Palak said that app developers from any organisation can use this platform to upload their apps.
- BDApps is the largest mobile application platform in Bangladesh hosting more than 23,000 apps developed by 12,000 developers.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi Taka
- President: Mohammad Abdul Hamid
- Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
Sweden-India Mobility Hackathon 2021:
The 42-hour Sweden-India Mobility Hackathon: Changing the way we move, organised by the Swedish Institute, the Embassy of Sweden, and the Consulate General of Sweden in Mumbai. This was held from February 26 to 28. Over 500 participants participated in this event.
- A special bonus prize called The Hackathon Spirit was also announced. The winners were BDU @ LTU with team members Astrid Cox (Team Lead), Erik Ström, Varun Kishore, Jonas Thordeman and Eliot Bota.
There are 6 projects were under six category. They are,
|Lethal road accidents||Pedestrian Safety||Pedestrian Road Cross Assist System|
|The key to sustainable future||Energy for Society||Super-Fast Modular Charger and Intelligent Battery Management System|
|Emissions in traffic||Planet Saviours||Smart Co2 Calculator for Smart Vehicles… Better Way Forward.|
|Sustainable Logistics||The Right Truck||The best suited truck for a particular transport journey|
|Infrastructure for connected devices||The Insight & Co||infrastructure for connected devices through DATATOR|
|Safe Transport||The Innovators||The Accident Predictor|
- Capital- Stockholm
- Currency- Swedish krona
- Prime Minister- Stefan Löfven
Food Waste Index Report by UNEP:
UNEP and partner organization WRAP, has released the Food Waste Index Report 2021. This new UN global report has revealed that more than 930 million tonnes of food is thrown away in waste bins every year.
- At household level, nearly 61 per cent of food goes into waste bins, the reports states.
- 50 kilograms of food is wasted per person each year at household level in India
- Executive Director of the UNEP – Inger Andersen
20th National Para Swimming Championship will be Held in Karnataka:
Karnataka Para Swimming Association to host National Para Swimming Championship from March 20 to 22. This will be the 20th edition of the National Para Swimming Championship which will be held in Bangalore.
- Karnataka also hosts training for top Indian para swimmers with the best quality of swim coaches & training facilities.
- CM- S. Yediyurappa
- Capital – Bangalore
- Governor- Vajubhai Vala
Odisha and ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India signed MoU:
ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India (AM/NS India) and the Odisha government signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for setting up a 12 million tonne integrated steel plant. The MoU was signed by Hemant Sharma, principal secretary (industries) and Dilip Oommen, chief executive officer (CEO), AM/NS India, in the presence of Patnaik and ArcelorMittal Executive Chairman L N Mittal.
- The MoU for the Odisha plant comes shortly after AM/NS India completed a year of operations.
- Capital- Bhubaneswar
- CM- Naveen Patnaik
- Governor- Ganeshi Lal
Aaron Finch became the first batsman to smash 100 sixes in T20Is from Australia:
Australia skipper Aaron Finch became the first batsman from his country to smash 100 sixes in T20Is. He becomes the sixth batsman to enter the list of players who have scored 100 or more sixes in T20Is.
- Finch also became the leading run-scorer in the shortest format of the game for Australia.
Deepak Kumar has won Silver in Strandja Memorial Tournament:
Deepak Kumar (52kg) wins the silver medal at 72nd Strandja Memorial Tournament in Sofia, Bulgaria after losing the final face-off in a split decision against Bulgaria’s Daniel Asenov in the men’s flyweight.
- He started boxing in 2008 then he left the sport in 2009 for some seven-eight months. In 2010, he played for Haryana in State Championships.
ISSF Shotgun World Cup- India Bags Silver, Bronze:
Indian women’s trap team of Kirti Gupta, Rajeshwari Kumari and Manisha Keer win the silver medal at the ISSF Shooting Shotgun World Cup in Egypt after a narrow 6-4 defeat to Russia.
- India’s Men’s Skeet team of Mairaj Ahmed Khan, Angad Vir Singh Bajwa and Gurjoat Khangura won the bronze medal in the men’s skeet team. They won the bronze by following a 6-2 win over Kazakhstan.
Neeraj Chopra Create A New National Record:
Javelin Throw athlete Neeraj chopra create a new national record mark at the Indian Grand Prix 3 in Patiala. He made this achievement by scoring 88.07m.
- In 2016 Grand Prix in Delhi Neeraj won with 79.54m score.
Mary Kom appointed as Chairperson of AIBA’s champions:
Six-time world champion pugilist Mary Kom has been appointed as the Chairperson of the International Boxing Association’s (AIBA) champions and veterans committee. AIBA President Umar Kremlev made this announcement. Mary Kom was elected by the Board of Directors of AIBA.
- Mary Kom thanked AIBA President and said she will give her best at the position.
Mahindra Finance appoints Amit Raje as CEO for digital business:
Mahindra Finance is a non-banking finance company focused on rural and semi-urban markets. The board appointed Amit Raje as a Whole-time Director designated as Chief Operating Officer for digital finance business.
- His appointment for five years is with effect from April 1. Raje is currently the Executive Vice-President for partnerships and alliances of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd
Telangana Governor was chosen for the Top 20 Global Women of Excellence Award for 2020:
Telangana Governor Dr Tamilisai Soundararajan, was chosen for the Top 20 Global Women of Excellence Award for 2020. She was also holding the additional charge as Lt. Governor of Puducherry. The international award is given by the Multi Ethnic Advisory Task Force, Illinois, headed by US Congressman Danny K. Davis.
- The award will be presented at the 9th Congressional International Women’s Day Gala scheduled to be held at Illinois on March 7.
OctaFX secures the ‘Most Transparent Broker’ award for 2020:
OctaFX, a leading Forex broker that provides online trading services worldwide, has been awarded with the Most Transparent broker award for 2020 by a well-known industry platform forex-awards.com.
- This is the first time the global Forex broker has received an award in this category.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|