Daily Current Affairs of 08, 09 March 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 08, 09 March PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB and Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All the Best…
International Women’s Day 2021:
International Women’s Day is being observed on 08th March every year. The day is celebrated to help forge a gender equal world, celebrate women’s achievements and their increasing visibility in every sphere of life.
- The theme this year is – Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in a COVID-19 world.
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
Textiles Ministry signed MoU with Agriculture Ministry:
Ministry of Textiles and Ministry of Agriculture today signed an MoU to amplify sericulture activities in the country. The MoU will focus on establishing tree based agro-forestry models in sericulture and exploring possibilities of activities through Krishi Vigyan Kendras.
- On the eve of International Women’s Day Ms Irani distributed Buniyaad Reeling Machines to women silk reelers with an aim to eradicate unhygienic and obsolete Thigh Reeling practice.
Gur Mahotsav or Jaggery Festival:
In Uttar Pradesh, a Gur Mahotsav or jaggery festival is underway in Lucknow. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated this two-day event. The aim of this event is to motivate the jaggery producers to make high quality jaggery and its products and create awareness about health benefits of jaggery.
- The jaggery festival will not only lead to rapid development of the jaggery industry, but the jaggery producers will get recognition in the local markets as well as on the national and international level.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- CM – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor- Anandiben Patel
- Capital- Lucknow
IIT Madras has launched ‘Women Leading IITM’:
IIT Madras has launched the ‘Women Leading IITM’ (WLI) programme to boost women leadership in science and technology.
- Goals of ‘Women Leading IITM’ programme will be to increase the percentage of women faculty in assistant professorships to 20% from the current 15%, among others.
- IIT Madras Director – Prof. Bhaskar Ramamurthi
Delhi Govt announced that free COVID Shot at Govt Hospitals:
Delhi government announced free COVID Shot at government hospitals during the budget session. As per the announcement, allocation meant for free Covid-19 vaccines for everyone, including those who are under the ages of 60 and do not have serious co-morbid conditions.
About New Delhi:
- CM- Arvind Kejriwal
- Lt Governor- Anil Baijal
National Committee set up to commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence:
National Committee set up to commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence hold its first meeting on 08.03.2021. The 259 member committee headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi meet virtually. The 75 years of India’s Independence falls on 15th August next year. The celebrations are proposed to be launched 75 weeks prior to this date on 12th of this month.
- 12th March is the 91st anniversary of the historic Salt Satyagraha led by Mahatma Gandhi.
- PM lists 5 pillars for celebrating India’s 75 years of independence:
- Freedom struggle,
Dustlik II joint Army exercise:
Indo-Uzbek Joint Exercise Dustlik-ll, the RezangLa Battalion 13 Kumaon is representing the Indian Army. The exercise is based on counter-terrorist operations and aims at enhancing military cooperation.
Andhra Pradesh CM Provided 900 Two-Wheelers:
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy virtually provided 900 two-wheelers (Disha Vehicles) to the state’s women police on the occasion of International Women’s Day. The CM also launched 18 Crime Scene Management Vehicles. Andhra Pradesh Home Minister Mekathoti Sucharita also participated in the program at the CM camp office.
- The rate of crimes against women has decreased in the state by more than seven per cent in the past year, reported by the Andhra Pradesh Director-General of Police.
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Capital – Amaravati (legislative capital)
- CM- Jaganmohan Reddy
- Governor- Biswabhusan Harichandan
Punjab Government To Waive Farm Loans Worth Rs 1,186 Cr:
Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal on Monday presented the state budget for 2021-22 worth Rs 1,68,015 crore. He made a slew of public announcements including increase in various pensions in social sector, while presenting the budget estimates for financial year 2020-2021.
- The Punjab govt to waive farm loans worth Rs 1,186 cr of 1.13 lakh farmers and Rs 526 cr of landless farmers in 2021-22.
- CM- Amarinder Singh
- Governor- V. P. Singh Badnore
- Capital- Chandigarh
Google CEO Sundar Pichai Announced A $25 Million For Women Entrepreneurs:
Google CEO Sundar Pichai announced a $25 million impact fund, support for one million women entrepreneurs in rural India as well as a $500,000 grant along with technology body NASSCOM.
- Google has launched a new Women Will web platform, which will offer community support, mentorship and accelerator programs for rural women entrepreneurs.
- Senior Country Marketing Director, Google India and South East Asia, announces that women entrepreneurs on Google My Business can list their business as ‘women-led’.
- Headquarters- California, United States
- CEO- Sundar Pichai
India Tops In The Proportion Of Women Pilots:
Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri announced that India tops in the proportion of women pilots than any other nation. Indian carriers employ close to 12.4% women pilots, which is much higher than the world average of 5.4%.
ECONOMICS & BANKING
HDFC Bank Announced The Launch of ‘SmartUp Unnati’:
HDFC Bank has announced the launch of mentoring programme ‘SmartUp Unnati’ to support women entrepreneurs. ‘SmartUp Unnati’ will initially target more than 3,000 women entrepreneurs associated with the bank’s SmartUp programme.
- As a part of the programme, over the next one year, senior women leaders from HDFC Bank with expertise spanning domains will mentor women entrepreneurs in helping them achieve their goals.
About HDFC Bank:
- Headquarters- Mumbai
- CEO- Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Tagline- We understand your world
Manish Kaushik Won Gold At Boxam International Tournament:
35th edition of the Boxam International Tournament was held from March 01 to 07, 2021, at Castellon, in Spain. Indian team end this event with 10 medals including 1 Gold, 8 Silver and 1 Bronze. Manish Kaushik clinched gold as Indian boxers concluded their impressive campaign at the Boxam International Tournament with 10 medals in Castellon, Spain.
- Manish Kaushik- men’s 63kg
- Vikas Krishan – men’s 69kg
- Pooja Rani – women’s 75kg
- Jasmine – women’s 57kg
- Simranjit Kaur – women’s 60kg
- Mohammed Hussamuddin – men’s 57kg
- Ashish Kumar – men’s 75kg
- Sumi Sangwan – men’s 81kg
- Satish Kumar – men’s 91kg
- Mary Kom – Women’s 51kg
Matteo Pellicone Ranking Series:
Matteo Pellicone Ranking Series held in Rome. Bajrang Punia, Vinesh Phogat was bag gold medals and emerging as World No. 1 in this ranking series. The list of winners is
- GOLD: Vinesh Phogat & Bajrang Punia
- Silver: Sarita Mor
- Bronze: Vishal Kaliramana, Arjun, Neeraj, Kuldeep & Naveen
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|