Daily Current Affairs of 14 March 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 14 March PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB and Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
100 days to 7th International Day of Yoga:
National Institute of Naturopathy in association with Regional Outreach Bureau (ROB, Pune) will be conducting 100 days countdown for IDY in which “Common Yoga Protocol” sessions will be conducted through video conferencing mode. The countdown sessions started on 13th March, 2021 which has been virtually inaugurated.
- Shri Kiren Rijiju, Minister of State (IC), Youth Affairs & Sports and additional Charge MoS(IC) AYUSH launched the 100 days’ countdown to 7th International Day of Yoga.
- In this year, the International Yoga Day will be celebrated on 21 June 2021.
I&B Minister Prakash Javadekar inaugurates exhibition at six places:
Information and Broadcasting Minister, Prakash Javadekar has inaugurated the exhibition to commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence, Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav at six places in the country virtually.
- The six places are Jammu, Imphal, Patna, Bhubaneshwar, Pune and Bengaluru.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurates New Green Campus of NIREH:
Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare inaugurated the New Green Campus of ICMR’s National Institute for Research in Environment Health (NIREH), at Bhopal.
- NIREH, Bhopal was set up in Bhopal on October 11, 2010 as the 31st permanent research centre of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- ICMR-NIREH – Dr. RR Tiwari, Director.
- Secretary (Health Research) and DG-ICMR – Dr. Balram Bhargava.
QUAD Nations to deliver 1 billion doses of COVID vaccine by end of 2022:
Leaders of the US, Australia, India and Japan have agreed to deliver one billion doses of coronavirus vaccine to much of Asia by the end of 2022. The vaccines are expected to be the single-dose Johnson & Johnson product which will be manufactured in India.
- Indian company Biological Ltd will manufacture the extra doses of the Johnson & Johnson jab.
- QUAD Nations- US, Australia, India and Japan
50 years of liberation of Bangladesh & Centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib:
Bangladesh has planned to celebrate 50 years of liberation of Bangladesh and Centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib as ten daylong celebrations. Five heads of state and heads of government from the South Asian region will participate in this celebration.
- This will start on 17th March and conclude on 26 March.
- The events will be held with a separate theme for each day.
- On March 17, Maldivian President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih will attend the inaugural function as guest of honour. President Xi Jinping of China and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will deliver welcome speeches virtually.
- Prescient Mahinda Rajapaksa will attend the function as guest of honour on March 19.
- Nepalese President Bidya Devi Bhandari will be present on March 22.
- Bhutanese Prime Minister Dr. Lotay Tshering will be present at the National parade ground on March 24. Pope Francis will deliver his welcome speech virtually.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend the closing ceremony on the final day of the 10-day long celebration on March 26 and deliver a speech.
- In addition to this Prime Minister of Cambodia will deliver the welcome speech on March 18, OIC Secretary General on March 20, Japanese Prime Minister on March 22 and South Korean Prime Minister on March 25 virtually.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi Taka
- President: Mohammad Abdul Hamid
- Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
The Country’s First Centralised Air-Conditioned Railway Terminal:
Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal announced that, the country’s first centralised air-conditioned railway terminal in Bengaluru would be operational soon. The new coach terminal was planned at Baiyappanahalli in the city to meet the demand to introduce more express trains connecting Bengaluru.
- Built at an estimated cost of Rs 314 crore, it was supposed to be opened by February-end but due to certain reasons, it was put on hold.
- CM- S. Yediyurappa
- Capital – Bangalore
- Governor- Vajubhai Vala
Odisha govt approves 8 new industrial projects worth Rs.1214 crore
The 99th meeting of the State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) held today under the chairmanship of Shri Suresh Chandra Mahapatra, (IAS) Chief Secretary of Odisha. This authority has approved 8 industrial projects to the tune of Rs.1214.00 crore in the Manufacturing, Plastic, Food Processing, and Hospitality sectors.
- Capital- Bhubaneswar
- CM- Naveen Patnaik
- Governor- Ganeshi Lal
ISRO launches sounding rocket RH-560:
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched the sounding rocket (RH-560) to study attitudinal variations in the neutral winds and plasma dynamics. This launch made at Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), Sriharikota Range (SHAR).
- As per ISRO, sounding rockets are one or two-stage solid propellant rockets used for probing the upper atmospheric regions and for space research.
- Chairman – K Sivan
- Headquarters- Bengaluru
- Founded on- 1969
Gautam Adani -the year’s biggest wealth gainer:
Gautam Adani has added more billions to his wealth than anyone else in the world this year. According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, the net worth of Adani, a first-generation entrepreneur who rarely speaks publicly, has jumped $16.2 billion in 2021 to $50 billion.
- Shares of all Adani group stocks, except one, have rallied at least 50% this year.
Sahitya Akademi Award 2020 Announced
The National Academy of Letters has announced the winners list for the Sahitya Akademi Award 2020. This award is considered as the most outstanding books of literary merit published in any of the major Indian languages. The list of winners are provided below .
- Nepali, Odia, Malayalam and Rajasthani to be declared
|Language||Title and Genre||Name of the Author|
|Tamil||Sellaatha Panam (Novel)||lmaiyam|
|Assamese||Bengsata (Short Stories)||Apurba Kumar Saikia|
|Bengali||Eka Eka Ekashi (Memoirs)||Sankar (Manishankar Mukhopadhyay)|
|Bodo||Gwthenay Lamayao Gwdan Agan (Short Stories)||(late) Dharanidhar Owari|
|ÖOgfiI||Baba Jitmal (Play)||Gian Singh|
|English||When God Is a Traveller (Poetry)||Arundhathi Subramaniam|
|Gujarati||Banaras Diary (Poetry)||Harish Meenashru|
|Hindi||Tokri Mein Digant ‘Their Gatha’: 2014 (Poetry)||Anamika|
|Kannada||Sri Bahubali Ahimsadigvijayam (Epic Poetry)||M. Veerappa Moily|
|Kashmiri||TiIasm-e-Khanabadosh (Short Stories)||(Late) Hirday Koul Bharti|
|Xonkani||Yugaparivarthanancho Yatri (Poetry)||R.S. Bhaskar|
|Maithili||Gachh Roosal Achhi (Short Stories)||Kamalkant Jha|
|Manipuri||Malangbana Kari Hai (Poetry)||Irungbam Deven|
|Marathi||Udya (Novel)||Nanda Khare|
|Punjabi||Aam Khass (Short Stories)||Gurdev Singh Rupana|
|Sanskrit||Vaishali (Novel)||Mahesh Chandra Sharma Gautam|
|Santali||Gur Dak Kasa Dak (Poetry)||Rupchand Hansdah|
|Sindhi||Jehad (Plays)||Jetho Lalwani|
|Telugu||Agniswaasa (2015-2017) (Poetry)||Nikhileswar|
|Urdu||Amawas Main Khwab (Novel)||Hussain-uI-Haque|
Ivory Coast Prime Minister Hamed Bakayoko passes away:
The incumbent Prime Minister of Ivory Coast, Hamed Bakayoko, has passed away due to cancer. He was named prime minister in July 2020.
About Ivory Coast:
- Ivory Coast President: Alassane Ouattara.
- Ivory Coast Capital: Yamoussoukro.
- Ivory Coast Currency: West African CFA franc.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|