Daily Current Affairs of 18 March 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 18 March PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB and Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
NDDB has launched Android-based dairy surveyor app:
National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) has launched an Android-based dairy surveyor application could help policy makers formulate or review effective policies around the sector. The geographical information system (GIS) enabled Android application will benefit dairy cooperatives and producers-owned organisations in the sector by providing real-time information.
- NDDB- National Dairy Development Board
- Headquarters: Anand, Gujarat
- Founded: 16 July 1965
- Executive Director: Arun Raste
TRIFED exchanges MoU with Craft Village
TRIFED is continuing to forge partnerships with different organizations to create synergies together, as a part of its ongoing efforts to improve the lives and livelihoods of the tribals and work towards tribal empowerment. In this context, TRIFED has tied up with Craft Village-by ZEPHYR, an established organization that works for the training and promotion of Craft Sector.
- With the successful implementation of this collaboration, TRIFEDhopes to empower the tribal artisans by developing their skills and help in generating income and livelihoods
- Managing Director, TRIFED – Shri Pravir Krishna.
KRAS Rolls Out First Batch Of Medium-Range Surface-To-Air Missile:
Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems (KRAS) has rolled out its first batch of Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM) for the Indian Army and the Air Force from its facility located near the Hyderabad international airport.
- KRAS is a joint venture between the Kalyani Group and Rafael Advanced Defense Systems of Israel engaged in the defence sector manufacturing.
Poshan Pakhwada 2021:
Ministry of Women and Child Development is celebrating Poshan Pakhwada from 16th to 31st March, 2021. Poshan Panchayats are the key focus areas for Poshan Pakhwada 2021. Poshan Abhiyaan, launched by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 8th March 2018, has reached a long way in ensuring wider people’s participation.
- Department of Women & Child Development /Social Welfare Department will be the nodal department for Poshan Pakhwada.
Hurun India Wealth Report 2020:
Hurun India Wealth Report 2020 has identified that India is home to 4.12-lakh dollar-millionaire households. According to Hurun, there are 412,000 dollar-millionaire households / affluent households in India with a networth of at least Rs 7 crore.
Key Highlights of Hurun India Wealth Report 2020:
- Mumbai lead the list of places with the most number of millionaire-households at 16,933 which is followed by New Delhi at 16,000.
- Maharashtra, the report said, has the highest number of millionaires (56,000), followed by Uttar Pradesh (36,000), Tamil Nadu (35,000), Karnataka (33,000) and Gujarat (29,000).
- The millionaire households in Mumbai contribute about 6.16 per cent to the country’s GDP.
- HDFC Bank was the most preferred private lender followed by ICICI Bank.
- Hurun India Managing Director and Chief Researcher- Anas Rahman Junaid
ReNew Power has been named to the WEF’s Global Lighthouse Network:
ReNew Power has been named to the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Lighthouse Network, which recognises companies using new technologies to achieve environmentally sustainable, community supportive, profitable growth.
- ReNew’s Hubli facility was specifically nominated as a Global Lighthouse for its work in development and deployment of advanced analytics and machine learning solutions to increase the yield of ReNew’s wind and solar assets.
About World Economic Forum:
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland.
- Founded: January 1971.
First shipment of food product from Bangladesh to India:
First shipment of food products exported from Bangladesh to India using the inland waterways left the Pran Industrial Park from Palash in Narsingdi. Minister of State for Shipping Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury flagged off the ship M V Alif Lam Mim which will cover a distance of about 710 kilometers to Kolkata in 8 days.
- Protocol for Inland Water Trade & Transit (PIWTT) was signed between India and Bangladesh in 1972 to connect the two countries through inland waterways.
Bangladesh renames Ministry of Information as Ministry of Information and Broadcasting:
Government of Bangladesh has decided to rename the Ministry of Information to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. during the Mujibnagar government prior to the liberation of Bangladesh the ministry was named as the ‘Ministry of Information and Betar’ which was renamed to ‘Ministry of Information and Broadcasting’.However in 1982, the name was changed to ‘Ministry of Information’.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi Taka
- President: Mohammad Abdul HamidPrime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
FIFA collaboration with UNODC:
FIFA, in collaboration with the United Nations on Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) launched the Global Integrity Programme. The Global Integrity Programme is a comprehensive international programme aimed at providing all 211 member associations with enhanced knowledge and tools to fight and prevent match manipulation.
- As part of its ongoing integrity initiatives, FIFA signed a memorandum of understanding with the UNODC in September 2020 to step up their joint cooperation to address the threats posed by crime to sport.
- Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland
- Founded: 21 May 1904
- President : Gianni Infantino
Nokia has partnered with Microsoft, Amazon web services and Google:
Nokia has partnered with Microsoft, Amazon web services and Google to develop a new cloud-based 5G radio solution. This solution will be developed with its radio access network (RNA) technology.
- RAN is part of a mobile telecommunication system. This system implements radio access technology.
- Nokia President of Mobile Networks – Tomi Uitto
- Nokia CEO: Pekka Lundmark.
- Nokia Founded: 12 May 1865.
- Nokia Headquarters: Espoo, Finland.
BOOKS & AUTHOUR
Book Titled “Battle Ready for 21st Century” has been released:
Book titled “Battle Ready for 21st Century” co-edited by Lt Gen AK Singh, Distinguished Fellow CLAWS and Brig Narender Kumar, Visiting Fellow CLAWS was released by Gen Bipin Rawat.
- The book “Battle Ready for the 21st Century” has endeavoured to postulate and define emerging areas of conflict, desired capabilities and doctrinal issues that need careful examination.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|