Govt launches Toll Free helpline KIRAN Helpline for people to seek mental health counselling. Union Minister Social Justice and Empowerment Thawarchand Gehlot launched a 24×7 toll-free mental health rehabilitation helpline ‘KIRAN’ (1800-500-0019). In a statement, the Ministry said the helpline had been launched “in view of the growing incidence of mental illness, particularly in the wake of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.”
The helpline, which was developed by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), aims to provide the first line of counselling in response to the increasing mental health issues among people due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Speaking during the online launch event, Joint Secretary Prabodh Seth said there was a shortage of qualified mental health professionals while 10.6% of adults and 7.3% of adolescents faced mental illness, according to a NIMHANS survey in 2015-2016.
The helpline KIRAN was launched in collaboration with state-run telecom firm Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) that provided the department with telecom infrastructure. The helpline will be available in 13 languages including Tamil, Hindi, English, Gujarati, Urdu, Assamese, Kannada and Malayalam.
The callers will then be connected to mental health experts who will help to resolve the issue or refer and connect to external help (clinical psychologists or rehabilitation psychologists or psychiatrists), the official explained.
About Social Justice and Empowerment:
- Union Minister – Thawarchand Gehlot
- Minister for State – Krishan Pal
1) What is the Constituency of Union Minister Thaawar Chand Gehlot – Rajya Sabha (M.P)
2) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology in collaboration with Niti Ayog launched App Innovation Challenge as a part of – AatmaNirbhar Bharat.
3) Name the App launched by Narendra Singh Tomar to Facilitate farmers to check their payment status – PM-KISAN Mobile App
4) Name the App which was launched by Central Government To give easy access to high value and technical agricultural equipment at farmer’s doorstep – Krishi Kisan App
5) What is the Constituency of Narendra Singh Tomar – Morena (M.P)
6) PM SVANidhi app launched by which ministry – Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
7) KIRAN Helpline number will be available in How many languages – 13
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|