GPSC Syllabus 2020 PDF: Gujarat Public Service Commission(GPSC) has released the recruitment of Deputy Director, Class-I, Statistical Service Division Posts. Candidates who are searching Syllabus can check this page. The Written Exam Date will be Announced Soon. You can get the Exam Pattern PDF here.
GPSC Syllabus 2020 Overview
|Name of Organization||Gujarat Public Service Commission(GPSC)|
|Name of Post||Deputy Director, Class-I, Statistical Service Division|
|Number of Vacancies||1203|
|GPSC Exam Date(Prelims)||Yet to be announced|
|GPSC Exam Date(Mains)||Yet to be announced|
|Tentative month of Interview||Yet to be announced|
|Last date of Receipt of Application||1st December 2020|
GPSC Exam Pattern 2020:
|Name of Exam||Number of Questions||Number of Marks||Main Exam||Duration|
|Preliminary Exam||Part-1: 100 Marks
Part-2: 200 Marks
|300 Marks||100||3 Hours|
|Mains Exam||100||100Marks||100||2 Hours|
GPSC Selection Process 2020:
GPSC exam is conducted in 3 stages:
GPSC Subject Wise Syllabus 2020:
General Studies-1 (Preliminary):
- Indus valley Civilisation: Features, Sites, Society, Cultural History, Art and Religion. Indus Valley Civilisation and Gujarat.
- Vedic age- Jainism and Buddhism.
- Foreign invasions on India and their impact.
- The Mauryan and the Gupta Empire- their administration- social, religious and economic conditions-art, architecture, literature, science and technology.
- Kanishka , Harsha and South Indian Dynasties.
- The Delhi Sultanate, Vijaynagar Empire and the Mughal Empire.
- The Bhakti Movement and Sufism.
- The Chavada, Solanki and Vaghela Dynasties of Gujarat- their rulers – administration, economy, society, religion, literature, arts and architecture.
- Independent Sultanate of Gujarat – Sultan Ahmedashah I, Mahmud Begda and Bahadurshah.
- Gujarat under the Mughals and the Marathas, Gaekwad’s rule in Baroda- Walker’s Settlement.
- The European Trading companies in India- their struggle for supremacy- with special reference to Bengal, Mysore, Marathas and Hyderabad.
- Governor-Generals and Viceroys.
- Indian war of Independence of 1857 – Origin, nature, causes, consequences and significance with special reference to Gujarat.
- Religious and social Reform Movements in 19th Century in India and Gujarat.
- India’s Freedom Movement, Revolutionaries in India and abroad.
- Reform measures by the Princely States of Saurashtra, Kutchh and Gujarat with special reference to Sayajirao Gaekwad III of Baroda, Bhagwatsinhji of Gondal, Waghji-II of Morbi, Bhavsinhji II of Bhavnagar, Lakhajiraj of Rajkot and Ranjitsinh of Nawanagar.
- Mahatma Gandhi, his thoughts, principles and philosophy. Important Satyagrahas with special reference to Satyagrahas of Gujarat – Kheda, Borsad, Bardoli, Dharasana, Dholera, Rajkot and Limbadi.
- The Role of Sardar Patel in freedom movement and post independence consolidation.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, his life and contribution to making of Indian Constitution.
- India after Independence – Reorganization of the States within the country, Maha Gujarat Movement, Major events.
(B) General Mental Ability:
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
- Number Series, Coding –Decoding.
- Problems related to Relations.
- Shapes and their Sub-sections, Venn Diagram.
- Problems based on Clocks, Calendar and Age.
- Number system and order of Magnitude.
- Linear Equations – in one or two Variables.
- Ratio, proportion and variation.
- Average of mean, median, mode – including weighted mean.
- Power and exponent, Square, Square Root, Cube Root, H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and loss.
- Time and Work, Time and Distance, Speed and Distance.
- Area and Perimeter of Simple Geometrical Shapes, Volume and Surface Area of Sphere, Cone, Cylinder, cubes and Cuboids.
- Lines, angels and common geometrical figures – properties of transverse of parallel lines, properties of related to measure of sides of a triangles, Pythagoras theorem, quadrilateral, rectangle, parallelogram, and rhombus.
- Introduction to algebra – BODMAS, simplification of weird symbols.
- Data interpretation, Data Analysis, Data sufficiency, Probability.
- Current Affairs
- Indian Economy
- General Knowledge
- General Science
- International & National Organizations
- Data Interpretation
- Analytical Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Data Sufficiency
- Time and Distance
- Profit and Loss
- Problems on Ages
- Ratio and Proportion
- Data Interpretation
- Simple & Compound Interest
- C.F. and L.C.M
- Number Systems
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Mixture and Allegation
- Boats and Streams
- Time and Work
- Active and Passive Voice
- Joining Sentences
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Completion
- Spelling Test
- Sentence Improvement
- Para Completion
- Sentence Arrangement
- Spotting Errors
- Passage Completion
- Idioms and Phrases
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
What Is The Selection Process In GPSC Syllabus 2020?
How Many Questions Will Be In GPSC Written Exam?
The Written Exam Will Comprise 100 Questions.
What will be the total score of GPSC Written Examination?
The GPSC Written Exam Will Be Of 100 Marks.