Health Minister Harsh Vardhan attends 73rd session of WHO South East Asia Region. Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare attended the73rd session of WHO South East Asia Region (SEARO) through video conference.
This is the first time the two-day event is being held entirely through virtual platforms owing to the COVID pandemic. The 73rd session is being hosted by the Government of Thailand (from Bangkok) while the previous session was held in New Delhi.
Representing India in the meet, Dr. Harsh Vardhan highlighted the giant strides the country had made under the guidance of Prime Minister Sh. Narendra Modi to protect the lives and livelihood of its citizens from the pandemic and “left no stones unturned to contain and mitigate the virus.”
South East Asia Countries:
Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Director-General: Tedros Adhanom
1) Recently, Which continent was declared Polio-free by WHO? – Africa
2) Which two countries became the First Two Countries from South-East Asia Region of WHO to Eliminate Both Rubella and Measles? – Sri Lanka and Maldives
3) United States submits notice to U.N Secretary-General to withdraw from WHO by – 6th July 2021
4) Where is the Headquarter of Association of Southeast Asian Nations? – Jakarta
5) Mobile Application ‘eBloodServices’ launched by – Union Minister Harsh Vardhan
6) 72nd session of WHO Regional Committee of South-East Asia inaugurated in – New Delhi
7) What is the constituency of Health Minister Harsh Vardhan – Chandni Chowk, Delhi
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|