HPTU to Accept JEE Main Score for B.Tech Admission 2020-21 – Apply from June 22. HPTU will accept the JEE Main score instead of HPCET for B.Tech admission 2020-21. 50% of seats are filled on the basis of JEE Merit and 50% based on Class 12th marks. HPTU admissions will not be done through the Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test (HPCET) 2020 rather candidates will have to submit separate application forms for each subject. For admission to B.tech programs, HPTU will consider JEE Main rank and 10+2 examination scores.
HPTU (Himachal Pradesh Technical University) has officially confirmed that it would accept JEE Main score for B.Tech admission 2020-21. This year, HPCET will not be conducted for the B.Tech admission, and the candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of JEE Main score. If the seats remain vacant after allocating seats as per JEE Main merit, marks scored by the candidates in Class 12th shall be taken into consideration to fill the vacant seats.
HPTU to Accept JEE Main Score for B.Tech Admission 2020-21
|Name of the Board||Himachal Pradesh Technical University|
|Description||B.Tech admission 2020-21|
|Start Date to Apply||22.06.2020|
|Status||Admission Based on JEE Main Score|
|Last Date to Apply||31.07.2020|
The candidate must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject securing at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together
Tech (Lateral Entry)
- The candidate must have passed Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in any branch of Engineering and Technology
- Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed 10+2 standard with Mathematics as a subject.
- Provided that in case of students belonging to B. Sc stream, shall clear the subjects of Engineering Graphics/ Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the first year Engineering Program along with the second year subjects.
- Provided further that the students belonging to B.Sc. Stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
- Provided further those students, who have passed Diploma in Engineering & Technology from an AICTE approved institution or B.Sc. degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, shall also be eligible for admission to the first year Engineering Degree courses subject to vacancies in the first-year class in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
- Passed D. Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector. However, the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria as mentioned in A, B, C, E, and F above.
Division of Seats for HPTU B.Tech Admission 2020
The division of seats for HPTU B.Tech admission 2020 is as follows
|Criteria||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|JEE Main Merit||50%|
|Class 12th Merit||50%|
Minimum Cutoff for HPTU B.Tech Admission 2020
The minimum cutoff required for admission in B.Tech course offered HPTU is as follows
|Criteria||Minimum Cutoff Marks for General||Minimum Cutoff for Reserved Categories|
|JEE Main (NTA Score)||15||10|
|Class 12th Marks||45%||40%|
HPTU B.Tech Admission Dates 2020
The important dates for HPTU B.Tech admission 2020 are as follows
|HPTU B.Tech Application Form Start Date||June 22, 2020|
|HPTU B.Tech Application Form Last Date||July 31, 2020|
|HPTU B.Tech Counseling Date||To be Notified|
The candidates desirous to seek admission to various courses during 2020-21 are required to apply on the prescribed form online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission. A separate application is required to be submitted for each program.
(a) The candidates desirous to seek admission to various courses during 2020-21 are required to apply on the prescribed form ONLINE. Only those applicants, who apply ONLINE before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission. A separate application is required to be submitted for each program.
(b) (i) Candidates who have obtained minimum cut off marks in the National level test – 2020/ qualifying examination are required to pay a non-refundable application processing fee of Rs. 1550/- for candidates of General category and Rs. 1400/- for the candidate of SC/ST/BPL Category before submission of the application ONLINE. (ii) if candidates apply on the basis of both i.e. National Level test-2020 and qualifying examination, the candidate are required to pay a non-refundable application processing fee of Rs. 3100/- for candidates of General category and Rs. 2800/- for the candidate of SC/ST/BPL categories before submission of the application ONLINE.
(c) Before filling the application form read the instructions carefully and follow them strictly. Visit the University website /http://himtu.ac.in for ONLINE submission of the application form.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|