ICFRE Recruitment 2020 OUT. The Government of India has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Ecosystem Services Improvement Project (ESIP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The consulting services (“the Services”) include engagement of Individual Consultant (IC) for implementing of one of the components of ESIP i.e. Scaling up Sustainable Land and Ecosystem Management in Selected Landscapes. The consultant would need to look into the natural resource management and biodiversity assessment related activities of ESIP in the States of Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh. The initial duration of the contract for this assignment is for a period of two years. Terms of Reference for selection of Consultant is given in Annexure – I.
The Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE), Dehradun now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers [Government of India, 16 August 2017] (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Based on the individual consultant selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours [0900 to 1730 hours]. Expression of interest (with individual CV to be furnished as per Annexure- II) must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by post or by email) on or before 17 June 2020 (1500 hrs).
ICFRE Recruitment 2020 Details
Name of the Board
|Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE)|
Natural Resource Management cum Biodiversity Consultant
|Last date to apply||
ICFRE Consultant Qualification Requirements 2020:
- Essential qualification is Postgraduate degree in Natural Resource Management/ Forestry/ Botany/ Biodiversity or equivalent and desirable qualification is doctorate degree in the relevant field.
- Minimum 05 years of experience in natural resource management and biodiversity conservation. Candidates with diverse experience of working in the fields will have an advantage
- Experience of working with government agencies in the field related to natural resource management/ biodiversity conservation/ forestry projects will be preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of conventions on climate change, combating desertification and biodiversity.
- Proven record of scientific peer-reviewed publications and development of knowledge products with respect to natural resource management and biodiversity conservation.
- Knowledge of and experienced in project cycle management and well versed in logical frameworks.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English. viii. Computer skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team, interacts persuasively with a range of stakeholders, and travels extensively.
ICFRE Consultant Salary 2020:
The consolidated remuneration of the consultant will be INR 75,000/-per month and TDS will be deducted as per the Income Tax Norms. Annual hike @10% of consolidated monthly remuneration may be provided subject to the satisfactory performance of the consultant. Travel expenditure, to the travel undertaken by the consultant for project works will be reimbursed as per the norms of the Government of India/ICFRE. No other allowances would be reimbursed or paid to the consultant.
Duration and Location of ICFRE Consultant Post 2020:
The initial duration of the contract for this assignment is for a period of two years (or completion of the project whichever is earlier) depending upon the performance of consultant and requirement of project. The consultant will report to the Project Director, Project Manager and Project Coordinator of ESIP. Contracts involve upscaling of SLEM best practices related to natural resource management and biodiversity conservation and implementation of other project activities in the project sites under the states of Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh. Extensive long duration tours of project sites will be involved for implementation of project activities.
Natural Resource Management cum Biodiversity Consultant 2020 Background:
The Government of India has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Ecosystem Services Improvement Project. Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) is one of the implementing partners of ‘Ecosystem Services Improvement Project (ESIP)’ and may implement one of the components of ESIP, i.e., Scaling up Sustainable Land and Ecosystem Management (SLEM) in Selected Landscapes. The main objectives of this component are to prevent land degradation and desertification and increase above-ground forest carbon stock through a combination of investments to implement and scale-up triedand-tested SLEM best practices, to increase national capacity for monitoring land degradation and track associated indicators, and to generate knowledge exchange on SLEM approaches. The goal is to benefit small and marginal farmers and other rural poor and to develop a national knowledge platform for supporting a community of practice on SLEM. These activities are designed to overcome the twin challenges of arresting land degradation and meeting food security targets. This component will finance on-the-ground sustainable land management investments in private land holdings and common property lands and enhance knowledge and capacity for further scaling up of SLEM approaches at the national level. It will draw heavily from the best practices and approaches that were tried and successfully developed under SLEM project. This component can help increase national capacity for monitoring the status of land degradation and desertification and SLEM outcomes, as well as the results of UNCCD action programmes at the country level.
Objective(s) of Assignment of the ICFRE Consultant Post 2020:
- Upscaling of SLEM best practices related to natural resource management and biodiversity conservation in the project sites;
- To ensure that the program outputs contribute to strengthening the policy foundations for adopting SLEM and particularly natural resource management and biodiversity assessment & conservation at both national and state levels;
- Provide policy, strategic and operational guidance on the direction of sustainable land and ecosystem management, natural resource management and biodiversity assessment & conservation by deriving lessons from SLEM projects and with policymakers in India;
- Gather and disseminate information and experiences on natural resource management, biodiversity assessment & conservation and ecosystem services to a wide audience beyond the ESIP;
- Gather and disseminate information and experiences on communication strategies for sensitizing on natural resource management and biodiversity conservation, valuation of ecosystem services; and vi. Develop suitable outreach material on the subject of natural resource management, biodiversity assessment & conservation and valuation of ecosystem services for decision-makers and practitioners
Scope of Services, Tasks (Components) and Expected Deliverables:
Scope of Services, Tasks (Components):
- Implement upscaling of SLEM best practices related to natural resource management and biodiversity conservation in the project sites;
- Support in documentation of natural resource management, biodiversity assessment & conservation, including identification and documentation of species vulnerable due to land degradation;
- Identify and develop innovative methods, teaching/learning tools, techniques, approaches and materials, including written, audio/visual material, e-learning tools, field visits, semi-annual best practice notes and models for upscaling SLEM approaches;
- Help organize trainings, workshops, conferences and other media to disseminate best practices, lessons learnt, and up-scaling of SLEM approaches;
- Provide technical support for natural resource management, biodiversity assessment & conservation and valuation of ecosystem services related issues of project;
- Provide technical leadership and facilitate relevant strategy development for natural resource management and biodiversity conservation;
- Support development of annual action plans in consultation with the Project Director, Project Manager and other technical consultants, focusing on monitoring and evaluation of project progress/ activities.
- Support in preparation of relevant guidelines, operational manuals, documents for natural resource management and biodiversity conservation
- Support in organizing and facilitating meetings with State Governments, technical expert committees, civil society organizations and other stakeholders related to project implementation;
- Support in quality implementation of other thematic activities in the project, such as training programmes, communication strategy, project MIS and operations research etc;
- Support the Project Director and Project Manager in the preparation of progress reports of project;
- Building national capacity for natural resource management and biodiversity conservation, and implementation of a National Knowledge Network;
- Responsible for all activities pertaining to natural resource management and biodiversity aspects of the project; and
- Contracts involve extensive long duration touring in the project sites under the states of Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh for implementation of the project activities and collection of the data.
- In addition to the above listed tasks, the consultant may be called upon to assist in any other tasks (related to project) assigned by Project Director and Project Manager of ESIP related to the core expertise of the consultant
- Implement upscaling of SLEM best practices related to natural resource management and biodiversity conservation;
- Contribute to develop and maintain online information database related to ESIP/SLEM in India.
- Contribute to prepare framework documents of the project related natural resource management and biodiversity conservation.
- Contribute to prepare the annual work plan for the project in consultation with other project experts
- Contribute to prepare regular progress report of the project.
- Contribute to prepare technical reports, technical papers, and policy papers and approach papers related to the project.
- Undertake thematic visits related to the project works.
- Conceptualize the training modules for building national capacity for natural resource management, biodiversity conservation, land degradation and desertification monitoring etc
- Any other tasks (related to project) assigned by Project Director and Project Manager of ESIP.
Ecosystem Services Improvement Project
Room No: 143
Indian Council for Forestry Research and Education P.O. New Forest,
Tel: +91-135-22248331, 2224803, 2224819,
Tele Fax: +91-135-2750296
Application Form – Available in the Official Notification
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|