IISER Admission 2020 – Check Important dates, Eligibility Criteria and Application Process. Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research has released the notification for the Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research Aptitude Test. Candidates had already started to apply for this test. So Eligible students can know the test details and apply through online in our blog. This Test is for admissions to 5-year BS-MS Degree Programmes of Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research and 4-year BS Programmes Stay Active with us for further updates!!
IISER Admission 2020
Name of the Board
|Indian Institute of Science Education and Research|
Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research Aptitude Test
|Application Start Date||
SCB Channel: 23rd March 2020
Application End Date
|SCB Channel: 08th July 2020
KVPY Channel: 08th July 2020
JEE Channel: 10th June 2020
IISER Notification 2020 Education Qualification:
Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through following three channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
These channels will be referred to as KVPY, JEE, and SCB, respectively. Indian nationals and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2020-21 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions and additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
Candidates in General category has securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2020 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBC-NC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank should be within 10000 and additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
- Students who have passed 10+2 level with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions and appear for IAT 2020.
- However, they will be considered for admissions to the degree programmes only if they obtain the cut-off marks specified for their board.
- Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
- For Gen/OBC Category: Rs.2000
- For SC/ST Category: Rs.1000
- Need not wait for the class XII result. SCB application started on March 23rd 2020.
- Marks requirement reduced from top 1 percentile to about top 20 percentile w.e.f 2019. Computer-based aptitude test and test centres throughout India.
Methodology To Calculate Marks (Out Of 500) In Class Xii (Or Equivalent) Board Examination:
In subjects (such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology) where marks are awarded for theory exam and the practical exam separately, mean of scores of theory exam and the practical exam should be taken. Then, if marks awarded in a subject (in class XII or equivalent) are NOT out of 100, then the marks should be linearly scaled (up or down) to 100. Then, the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the cut-off marks for fulfilling the eligibility criterion so that the total aggregate marks are out of 500:
- Biology or Mathematics
- One language (if the candidate has taken more than one language course, then the language course with the highest marks will be considered)
- Any subject other than the ones used in the above four (the subject with highest marks will be considered)
After considering four subjects as mentioned in points (i) to (iv), one must consider the subject with the highest marks among all remaining subjects in his/her mark-sheet/grade-sheet. Please note that the subject for point (v) could also be a language course or Mathematics or Biology, provided that it is not being considered in any of the points (i) to (iv), and such that it is the subject with highest marks among all remaining subjects in the mark-sheet/grade-sheet.
How to apply for IISER Notification 2020?
Step 1: Go to the Official site http://www.iiseradmission.in/index.php
Step 2: In the Home Page, Click apply now
Step 3: It will direct to apply online page and apply for the exams after link enabled on this page
Step 4: Prepare for the examination and stay active with us for further reference
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|