IIT JAM 2021 – Online application process to begin from September 10. Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore will conduct the IIT- Joint Admission Test for Masters (IIT-JAM). Check eligibility, exam pattern, important dates and other details here.
IIT JAM 2021 examination will be conducted by IISc Bangalore for admission to M.Sc programmes, Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-UG Degrees programmes offered at the participating IITs and Integrated PhD Degree programmes offered at IISc Bangalore. The score card of JAM is also used for admission to M.Sc programmes offered at 19 NIT’s and 2 CFTI’s through Centralized Counselling for M.Sc/M.Sc (Tech) Admission.
|Name of the Board||Indian Institute of Science (IISc)|
|Exam name||Joint Admission Test|
|Start Date to Apply||10.09.2020|
|Last Date to Apply||15.10.2020|
All candidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s degree. In the qualifying degree, the aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI without rounding-off (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) should be at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL)/EWS category candidates, and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates.
- Female/ŚC/ST/PwD — Rs 750 for one test paper and Rs 1050 for two test papers
- All others- Rs 1500 for one paper and Rs 2100 for two papers.
- IISc Bangalore is the Organizing Institute for JAM 2021.
- JAM 2021 Examination will be conducted ONLINE only as a Computer Based Test (CBT) for all Test Papers.
- JAM 2021 will have seven Test Papers, namely, (i) Biotechnology (BT), (ii) Chemistry (CY), (iii) Economics (EN), (iv) Geology (GG), (v) Mathematics (MA), (vi) Mathematical Sciences (MS), and (vii) Physics (PH). Economics (EN) paper is added newly this year.
- All the seven Test Papers of JAM 2021 will be of entirely objective type, with three different patterns of questions, namely (i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), (ii) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and (iii) Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions. Applications will be accepted ONLINE only through JAM 2021 website.
- No hardcopies of documents are to be sent to the Organizing Institute.
- The applicable documents are to be uploaded online to the application website only.
- No hardcopy of the JAM 2021 scorecard will be sent to the JAM 2021 qualified candidates by the Organizing Institute. It can only be downloaded from JAM 2021 website within a specified period.
- No additional requirements, such as suitability test or interview, are needed for admission to the masters programmes under JAM.
- Integrated Ph.D. programmes in Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Biological Sciences at IISc Bangalore will use the JAM results to shortlist candidates for the final selection
The JAM 2021 is a computer-based test and hence will be held online. Candidates can choose to appear for two exams, however, they will have to ensure that both the tests are in different sessions. JAM 2021 will have objective-type questions of three types – multiple-choice questions, numerical answer type quests and multiple selection questions.
How to Apply for IISC JAM 2021?
Step 1: Go to the official website
Step 2: In the official page, Click JAM 2021 Notification
Step 3: Brochure will appear on the window screen and download it
Step 4: Know the details of the online application and submit the online application
Step 5: Take a hard copy for future reference.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|