India becomes fourth country to successfully test hypersonic vehicle after US, Russia & China. India successfully tested the indigenously developed Hypersonic Technology Demonstration Vehicle (HSTDV) that will power futuristic long-range missile systems and aerial platforms. The DRDO developed HSDTV was tested Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Launch Complex at Wheeler Island, off the coast of Odisha.
After successfully tested Hypersonic Technology Demonstration Vehicle, India has joined the elite club of United States, Russia and China to develop and successfully test hypersonic technology. Congratulating the DRDO, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh called it a “landmark achievement”.
Union Minister Raj Nath Singh shared the message via his twitter handle that, “I congratulate to DRDO on this landmark achievement towards realising PM’s vision of Atmanirbhar Bharat. I spoke to the scientists associated with the project and congratulated them on this great achievement. India is proud of them”.
The Test was led by DRDO chief Satheesh Reddy and his hypersonic missile team. The HSTDV performed on all parametres, including combustion chamber pressure, air intake and control guidance, the agency said.
- Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
- Founded: 1958
Expected Questions for Competitive Exams:
1) Recently, DRDO identifies how many systems and subsystems to design, develop and manufacture under Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan – 108
2) Who is the Chairman of DRDO – Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
3) Which Country did successfully test hypersonic vehicle first? – US
4) Defence Production and Export Promotion Policy aims to achieve an annual turn over of 25 billion USD in the defence manufacturing sector by which year? – 2025
5) The Defence Research Development Organization (DRDO) developed a disinfection unit called – Ultra Swachh
6) Which nation has pledged not to supply arms to Pakistan? – Russia
7) What is the Constituency of Defence Minister Raj Nath Singh – Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh)
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|